Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 22, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #16,186 of 33,689
Here... a distraction. Some pretty pics of the Kinera IDUN. I know everyone loves pic spam :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Great pics, B9.

I hope Kinera is still planning on using these for the not-so-limited version.

gibaqzF.jpg

Mother of...............pearl!

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #16,191 of 33,689
Hi.
What shape is this graph?
Thanks

I wouldn’t trust that graph. That looks like one of those goofy marketing graphs some manufacturers put on the outside of the box just to look ‘sciency’.

The axis of the graph look really exaggerated to make it appear more flat than it really is. The Y axis is zoomed way out.

If I had to judge it based solely on that graph, I would personally avoid it based on the super rolled off treble alone.

That’s just my off the cuff opinion/interpretation.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #16,192 of 33,689
Any one tried this cable from Penon?

upload_2018-6-23_20-0-37.png

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #16,193 of 33,689
Jun 23, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #16,194 of 33,689
So just got the TFZ Exclusive 5 and blown away... it's not only got some of the deepest AND tightest bass of any earphones I've had, but there is just something about the pace and timing that makes everything seem so fluent. My first listen was What... no bass, just pure detailed treble... but I'd pushed them in too far. Some readjustment and then that glorious bass hits you. The best thing is though the detail is phenomenal mostly down to very well done upper mids and lower treble.

Jun 24, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #16,197 of 33,689
Looking forward to reading some review or impressions about Xiaomi Pro 2 (QTEJ03JY). I've been skipping Xiaomis hype since Piston 2 and apparently, even Pro HD wasn't better than new KZs. But this model with graphene DD looks promising and I loved its design.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #16,198 of 33,689
Unfortunately, I never got around in buying the ZS6, since the majority of owners had placed the ZS6 as sibilant and spikey (at around 10kz, maybe?). But, after buying the KZ ZS5 (v1), I never gave the ZS6 some thought in getting one. But, since I do own both the ZS5 and ED16, the ED16 just outperforms them with much better coherency and transparency, but resolution is about the same. My personal experience with the ED16 is that it basically doesn't need any MOD at all for what it's worth. To my ears, there is no sibilant or harshness, whatsoever. They are just brilliant and balanced from end to end!

Do you love the zs5v1 in general. Do you like its wide holographic soundstage and how does the ed16 compare in this respect.
Cheers

Jun 24, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #16,199 of 33,689
Looking forward to reading some review or impressions about Xiaomi Pro 2 (QTEJ03JY). I've been skipping Xiaomis hype since Piston 2 and apparently, even Pro HD wasn't better than new KZs. But this model with graphene DD looks promising and I loved its design.

Its somehow unbelievably cheap, so kinda wondering on the graphene claims. Almost pulled the trigger (just $16), but then I remember the guy who recommended it to me also burned me on hype before, so gonna wait for impressions.

Jun 24, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #16,200 of 33,689

Pro HD had a graphene driver also (except it was a dual dynamic driver).

The 2 biggest problems with the Pro HD were sibilance and the need for a bit more sub bass (in many people’s opinion). Other than that they were quite good. But a lot of KZs have those same issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back