Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 7, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #14,461 of 33,689
While not from China, have you heard about Final E2000 and Final E3000 IEMs?

Those might be good contenders for the best bellow 100$ price point, especially if you take care of them. The trick is, they are somewhat open, and they look more fragile than other IEMs in this price area, but THAT SOUND! You have to hear them to believe.
Hello, i'm thinking of buying the E2000/E3000 vs Carbo Tenore vs Sony MH1C, did you have the chance of testing all of them? Thx (sorry for the "offtopic")

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #14,462 of 33,689
Looks good...https://penonaudio.com/bgvp-ds1.html
DS1-2-700x700.jpg

Only seems to show mic cable. Wonder if the black/gold DX3 cable is the same one that comes with the non-mic version.

The housing looks similar to KZ ZST. Ah... that reminded me that my DM5 is still in its boxed wrapped and sealed.. :anguished:

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #14,463 of 33,689
While not from China, have you heard about Final E2000 and Final E3000 IEMs?

Those might be good contenders for the best bellow 100$ price point, especially if you take care of them. The trick is, they are somewhat open, and they look more fragile than other IEMs in this price area, but THAT SOUND! You have to hear them to believe.

How about the tinaudio t2?

Feb 7, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #14,465 of 33,689
My most used iems at the moment are TinAudio T2, Rythmos Super SD7, ZhiYin Z5000 and **** XBA 6in1

Feb 7, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #14,466 of 33,689
Mine have shifted pretty solidly to the brainwavz b400. I like the KZ Zsr, but not enough to displace those as my daily drivers for now.

Feb 7, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #14,467 of 33,689
it01 all the way for me for now.

Feb 7, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #14,468 of 33,689
Feb 8, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #14,471 of 33,689
One question, received the Tinaudio T2 and they are pretty great, but after using them for almost an hour my right hear starts to hurt a little and after a while my head, so I think the foamies that it came with are making some kinda of pressure, never had this with another iem and foamies :\

Is there another tips I could try without changing the sound? Or change for better(better bass, maintaining the amazing treble,etc)

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #14,472 of 33,689
Feb 8, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #14,473 of 33,689
So all of a sudden I'm two cables short now; yeah, one because of aesthetics but anyway... Oh Yesterday....

First my ZS5(v1) cable (tri-braid one with 6 wires, metal connectors) turned green (took 4 months) and looks like crap, I can barely look at him, ended up removing it and replaced it with the first version of KZ's white SPC.
But as we all know from @hakuzen's hard and useful work, that cable is pretty high impedance for the bitchy ZS5v1 which begs for low impedance cable.
So I'm down to two choices in this case: TRN V10 cable and this other one with pretty decent specs (6N single crystal OCC) but 2x price. I suppose no one's TRN cable turned green yet but everyone's is only 1 month old I guess...
Thoughts?

The second part is about the damn MMCX cable of my TNT.
It annoyed me a bit from the start because it's pretty springy but hey, it's a 7N 8 wires OCC cable so I learned to live with it.
Now it started to cut off intermittently and there seems to be some loose connection inside or near the 3.5 jack plug. The thing is that I didn't succeed to opened the connector housing by twisting it even if I hold the jack really tight with electric pliers - it might be some other permanent assembly which doesn't permit service.

20180208_171153.jpg

20180208_171221.jpg

So:
1. does anyone know how to open this jack housing? 2. I suppose cutting it off and replace it with a brand new connector would be out of the question for an amateur like me, I doubt I have the skill to solder 8 tiny wires - anyone tried it, is it possible with generic soldering skills? 3. impressions about this and this cable; I lean towards the first one due to 6N spec.

Feel free to recommend some more < $15 cables but not more expensive than that, I can hardly justify spending that much on a cable.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #14,474 of 33,689
So all of a sudden I'm two cables short now; yeah, one because of aesthetics but anyway... Oh Yesterday....

First my ZS5(v1) cable (tri-braid one with 6 wires, metal connectors) turned green (took 4 months) and looks like crap, I can barely look at him, ended up removing it and replaced it with the first version of KZ's white SPC.
But as we all know from @hakuzen's hard and useful work, that cable is pretty high impedance for the bitchy ZS5v1 which begs for low impedance cable.
So I'm down to two choices in this case: TRN V10 cable and this other one with pretty decent specs (6N single crystal OCC) but 2x price. I suppose no one's TRN cable turned green yet but everyone's is only 1 month old I guess...
Thoughts?

The second part is about the damn MMCX cable of my TNT.
It annoyed me a bit from the start because it's pretty springy but hey, it's a 7N 8 wires OCC cable so I learned to live with it.
Now it started to cut off intermittently and there seems to be some loose connection inside or near the 3.5 jack plug. The thing is that I didn't succeed to opened the connector housing by twisting it even if I hold the jack really tight with electric pliers - it might be some other permanent assembly which doesn't permit service.

So:
1. does anyone know how to open this jack housing? 2. I suppose cutting it off and replace it with a brand new connector would be out of the question for an amateur like me, I doubt I have the skill to solder 8 tiny wires - anyone tried it, is it possible with generic soldering skills? 3. impressions about this and this cable; I lean towards the first one due to 6N spec.

Feel free to recommend some more < $15 cables but not more expensive than that, I can hardly justify spending that much on a cable.

Thanks guys.
hi, i got this cable in aliexpress for less than 6€. good conductivity: Left:0.39 Right:0.40 Ground:0.39 ohms (DC resistance).
mmcx_01_1.jpg mmcx_01_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back