Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 4, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #14,433 of 33,689
have you received it already? how's the sound signature? I'm looking for small iems like this

They're really nice. Sound signature is lush and on the warm side without being overly bassy. They may lack a little extension in both ends but makes a very relaxed and enjoyable listening experience. I tend to think of them as a baby Aurisonics Rockets....

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #14,434 of 33,689
Almost got these but went with the **** Light-T instead. Because they are tiny and tough. And according to B9Scrambler they're close in performance to the much pricier AAW Q.
51ZbhpdVgGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I bought these, back when they were called: 2016 AK Light In Ear Earphone 5mm Mini Dynamic Noise Cancelling Sleep Headset With Sleeping Earplugs For Quick Snooze, for $36.34.
They sound pretty good, but for me, the nozzles are too large in diameter, which means they can't be inserted very deeply into my ear, without being painful - and I use the largest tips I can find, on nearly all of my earphones.
The wide nozzles also makes it nearly impossible to find replacement tips.
Using the supplied shallow & roundish tips, they end up popping out when I'm trying to sleep.
They've ended up in my, "I don't really use these" case... :wink:

For me, the smaller nozzle size of the MEMT X5 works better for comfortable sleeping.
I also find that my flat-style earphones work well (VE Biggie, VE Smalls, Tennmak Pro, Rose Aurora, Kinera BA05 (BD005)).

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #14,435 of 33,689
I bought these, back when they were called: 2016 AK Light In Ear Earphone 5mm Mini Dynamic Noise Cancelling Sleep Headset With Sleeping Earplugs For Quick Snooze, for $36.34.
They sound pretty good, but for me, the nozzles are too large in diameter, which means they can't be inserted very deeply into my ear, without being painful - and I use the largest tips I can find, on nearly all of my earphones.
Using the supplied shallow & roundish tips, they end up popping out when I'm trying to sleep.

For me, the smaller nozzle size of the MEMT X5 works better for comfortable sleeping.
I also find that my flat-style earphones work well (VE Biggie, VE Smalls, Tennmak Pro, Rose Aurora, Kinera BA05 (BD005)).

They've got tip-mounted 6mm micro drivers so yeah, the nozzles are going to be larger than normal. Typical for the style. The updated version I have, the Light T2, got around this issue somewhat with a unique nozzle style I've not seen used anywhere else;

20170519_172257_HDR.jpg

It's too bad they didn't carry this feature over to the **** version. That little ridge lets you use pretty much any standard tip you want. Bit of an oversight imo.

Feb 4, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #14,436 of 33,689
They've got tip-mounted 6mm micro drivers so yeah, the nozzles are going to be larger than normal. Typical for the style. The updated version I have, the Light T2, got around this issue somewhat with a unique nozzle style I've not seen used anywhere else;

It's too bad they didn't carry this feature over to the **** version. That little ridge lets you use pretty much any standard tip you want. Bit of an oversight imo.

Actually in some of the pictures of the **** version it does show that little notch. I guess I'll find out when I get them.

Peter123 said:
They're really nice. Sound signature is lush and on the warm side without being overly bassy. They may lack a little extension in both ends but makes a very relaxed and enjoyable listening experience. I tend to think of them as a baby Aurisonics Rockets....

Promising indeed. I loved the Rockets.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #14,437 of 33,689
I've often thought that if KZ ever decided to change the connectors on their IEMs it should be changed to this type of connector. This minimizes the chance of bending the pins during the connecting process and it eliminates the possibility of reversing the polarity. In addition, there is no loss of sound due to loose swiveling connections. Plenty of upgrade varieties as well.

BTW, this type of connector is similar to the one that Audio-Technica uses on their IMxx series

Of course, because the plastic cracks and breaks AT already abandoned this connector :)

On another note I see this is out. People liked the previous non-Pro version. Quite a price hike...
https://penonaudio.com/ty-hi-z-g3-pro.html

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #14,439 of 33,689

I agree. I've tested these extensively throughout their various branding and to me, they never come close to the AAW Q. I can sleep easily in the Q, and use it pretty regularly. I've had it for two years now and no wear-and-tear even shows on it. The stress relief is magically good for an IEM so small.

Small IEMs like this can't really be cheaped out on if you want a really good package. The engineering requirement is just too high for a cheap Chinese clone that works just as well.

Feb 5, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #14,442 of 33,689
Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #14,445 of 33,689
The ZST is so uncomfortable I'd have a hard time keeping it in my ears long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back