Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 2, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #13,592 of 33,689
A bit earlier today, my in-depth review of the Xiaomi Redmi 4A 4G went online, including several RMAA audio measurements and listening tests: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/12/xiaomi-redmi-4a-4g-test.html

DSC04696-small.JPG

It's written in German but as always features a Google Translate widget right below the navigation bar.

- - - - - - - - -

In addition, I have just re-posted my EARNiNE EN210 review to Head-Fi: https://head-fi.org/showcase/earnine-en210.22776/reviews#review-19517

DSC04636-small.JPG

Attachments

• DSC04638-small (2).JPG
    DSC04638-small (2).JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #13,593 of 33,689
My VT Audio 1dd + 2ba arrived. Early impressions and pics below :)

The package is a simple metal box with cheap foam inside and some cheap eartips. The cable included is really good though, It's braided and I like the clear 2 pin connectors. The seller included one carrying case and 4 pairs of foam eartips. There isn't much more to say about the lame packaging. Now the build quality of the iems is absolutely stunning, I'm not sure what kind of material was used to build them, (I'm almost sure it isn't acrylic) but it is very light and I can't seem to find any seams in the entire shell. The faceplate and the shell appears to be made of just one piece; not glued together. Nozzle has 3 bores as you can see in the pics. The design is gorgeous, it's like looking and two little galaxies don't you think?

Fit is so good with foam tips. I haven't tried spinfits or other tips yet. Isolation is actually above average and I'm very impressed with it.

Now the sound quality. I've listening to them for about 3 hours. Not a lot of time of course but remember these are only early impressions. Bass is tight and has good punch but it is not overwhelming and does not bleed into the mids. I would say it's very well controlled and present when required. I'm enjoying all kind of electronic and pop music with them, but they might not suit crazy bassheads. Male and female vocals are very intimate, especially female. I kept singing and enjoying Avril Lavignes "Complicated" and female kpop singers. Instrument separation and details are very good at this price point. I'm using my lg V20 as source and I don't even have to listen critically to hear all kind of details on my songs. The high frequency is clear and, fortunately, not fatiguing or sibilant in any way. I paid about $130 for them and I'm very happy so far, great all rounders for any genre of music.

Comparison vs the KZ Zs5

The ZS5 is definitely warmer, the bass is more elevated and has extra punch. I think details and instrument separation is better with the VT Audio, as well as fit and isolation which is miles ahead of the KZs.

I'll be comparing them in a few weeks with the Skald 4 wich is a 1dd + 3 ba iem.

Now some pictures:

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #13,594 of 33,689

The package is a simple metal box with cheap foam inside and some cheap eartips. The cable included is really good though, It's braided and I like the clear 2 pin connectors. The seller included one carrying case and 4 pairs of foam eartips. There isn't much more to say about the lame packaging. Now the build quality of the iems is absolutely stunning, I'm not sure what kind of material was used to build them, (I'm almost sure it isn't acrylic) but it is very light and I can't seem to find any seams in the entire shell. The faceplate and the shell appears to be made of just one piece; not glued together. Nozzle has 3 bores as you can see in the pics. The design is gorgeous, it's like looking and two little galaxies don't you think?

Fit is so good with foam tips. I haven't tried spinfits or other tips yet. Isolation is actually above average and I'm very impressed with it.

Now the sound quality. I've listening to them for about 3 hours. Not a lot of time of course but remember these are only early impressions. Bass is tight and has good punch but it is not overwhelming and does not bleed into the mids. I would say it's very well controlled and present when required. I'm enjoying all kind of electronic and pop music with them, but they might not suit crazy bassheads. Male and female vocals are very intimate, especially female. I kept singing and enjoying Avril Lavignes "Complicated" and female kpop singers. Instrument separation and details are very good at this price point. I'm using my lg V20 as source and I don't even have to listen critically to hear all kind of details on my songs. The high frequency is clear and, fortunately, not fatiguing or sibilant in any way. I paid about $130 for them and I'm very happy so far, great all rounders for any genre of music.

Comparison vs the KZ Zs5

The ZS5 is definitely warmer, the bass is more elevated and has extra punch. I think details and instrument separation is better with the VT Audio, as well as fit and isolation which is miles ahead of the KZs.

I'll be comparing them in a few weeks with the Skald 4 wich is a 1dd + 3 ba iem.

Now some pictures:

Nice, looks beautiful ,
from where you bought these ,???

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #13,599 of 33,689
So bad to live in the other side of the world of china, in a country with a terrible post office. 3 months ago i had 6 iems, right now i have just 2, and 5 on the way, 6 counting the upcoming zsr, I'll have all of them only about 01/2/2018. They don't get home and the list of orders just keep increasing. In that way i will be always with a order to get home, ad infitum...

EDIT:
Ordered a pair of ASK HYBRID, the fr graph on the audiobudget facebook page looks very good, balanced, good mid presence, and good extencion of bass and highs. And igor seems to like them very much. A lot of members here posted good impressions on them. The only problem seems to be quality of construction and problems cable connection-wise

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #13,600 of 33,689
My magaosi K3 Pro (70€) and tinaudio t2 (28€) from 11/11 arrived.

K3: build quality is very nice, sound is excellent nice bass, good vocals, no harsh tones. Like them a lot. Cables feel little cheap.

T2: excellent build quality, sound is good for the price, sound thinner than the K3 but still good all around. fit and weight is very comfortable.

Went to e-earphone in Tokyo today to compare them with some well known brands.
In close to the same price I slightly prefer the MEE p1, with sounded a little more clear than K3, but not enough to warrant double the price, build quality is very comparable, P1 is heavier metal composite and the included cable is nicer.
In the very expensive categories nothing really stood out for me, some I couldn’t really test because the ear tips on display didn’t fit like the jhaudio Rosie. I did not like the jhaudio Michelle with comply tips, sounded muffled.
I was very unimpressed with Japanese brand radius, nice design and build quality but sounded closer to the t2, unimpressive thin sound for +300€.
Only special one was the ATH-E70, they blew me away, I never heard anything like that before, full sound, great bass, sounded more open like the music was all around, little off topic for this thread but if I want to spend 350€ I would get this.

Conclusion: very happy with k3, couldn’t really find an upgrade in the same price class. I got them to try and replace my broken UE tf10, I can’t compare them directly as it’s been 2 months since they broke, but I like the k3 as a replacement.

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #13,602 of 33,689

Comparison vs the KZ Zs5

Now some pictures:

These look out of this world! To bad $130 is a bit out of my league yet.
Comparing to the KZ ZS5 is not really fair though is it? I bought them for $13, which is 1/10th of the price of the VT Audio. Hoping my ZS5 will actually arrive this week, because its almost a month since i ordered them...

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #13,603 of 33,689
My KZ ZS6 arrived today, out of the box the cable was iffy and so music was cutting in and out. I swapped out for the stock cable i got on my ZS3 and they work correctly. I thought I was sent a dud pair at first. I also have a couple of upgrade cables on the way from ALi. Out of the box the ZS6 seem good, I like the bass levels and mids, although slightly sibilant currently with some genres. This is with stock tips and no burn in however.

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #13,604 of 33,689
My KZ ZS6 arrived today, out of the box the cable was iffy and so music was cutting in and out. I swapped out for the stock cable i got on my ZS3 and they work correctly. I thought I was sent a dud pair at first. I also have a couple of upgrade cables on the way from ALi. Out of the box the ZS6 seem good, I like the bass levels and mids, although slightly sibilant currently with some genres. This is with stock tips and no burn in however.

The tips make a HUGE difference as you know. Throw some comply on there and you'll be very happy I'd guess.

Shame about the dodgy cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back