Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 29, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #13,562 of 33,689
TinAudio T2 Review.

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2017/11/28/tinaudio-t2-2/

Enjoy reading and thanks in advance!

photo_2017-11-30_09-46-55.jpg

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #13,563 of 33,689
Nov 30, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #13,564 of 33,689
Got my MEMT X5 and Boarseman CX98 this week.

MEMT X5 Unboxing pics. Very surprised how nice the packaging was for the $12 I paid.
9qAFX5C.png

SgJ6yzo.png

xvbWjzi.png

SXJgpeO.png

MEMT X5 is pretty much the definition of V shaped. Recessed mids, nice treble, and a surprising amount of bass from these tiny earbuds. They're great, but I like my mids a bit too much so I think I'll use the boarseman a bit more. Also the cable, while very high quality, is a stiff and stubborn one. It likes to keep its shape and is slightly rubbery so it's microphonics galore.

Boarseman CX98 came in today, but I've had a couple hours on it. Tried the double flanged tips that came with it first and was disappointed by a tinny mess. Tried foamies and it sounded muffled and boomy, but it was an improvement. Little did I know that the only pair of small silicone tips would bring these to life for me. Very tip picky, but they came with a good selection. A little bit hot on the treble, just like the ZS5 v1s I have. Good mids and audiophile amounts of bass. The cable is rather flexible and SMOOTH. So much better than the MEMT X5 in this regard. Very happy with these. The only thing they're missing when compared to my ZS5 v1s are the crazy instrument separation and imaging that the ZS5s are known for.

Nov 30, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #13,565 of 33,689
Got my MEMT X5 and Boarseman CX98 this week.

MEMT X5 Unboxing pics. Very surprised how nice the packaging was for the $12 I paid.
9qAFX5C.png

SgJ6yzo.png

xvbWjzi.png

SXJgpeO.png

MEMT X5 is pretty much the definition of V shaped. Recessed mids, nice treble, and a surprising amount of bass from these tiny earbuds. They're great, but I like my mids a bit too much so I think I'll use the boarseman a bit more. Also the cable, while very high quality, is a stiff and stubborn one. It likes to keep its shape and is slightly rubbery so it's microphonics galore.

Boarseman CX98 came in today, but I've had a couple hours on it. Tried the double flanged tips that came with it first and was disappointed by a tinny mess. Tried foamies and it sounded muffled and boomy, but it was an improvement. Little did I know that the only pair of small silicone tips would bring these to life for me. Very tip picky, but they came with a good selection. A little bit hot on the treble, just like the ZS5 v1s I have. Good mids and audiophile amounts of bass. The cable is rather flexible and SMOOTH. So much better than the MEMT X5 in this regard. Very happy with these. The only thing they're missing when compared to my ZS5 v1s are the crazy instrument separation and imaging that the ZS5s are known for.
Ah, what a shame you got the V1. I don't know if V2 is available in stores yet but I've had it for a week or so and it's an improvement. It has a better cable and new, thinner drivers that give the mids a little more body and improve the soundstage. V1 is still pretty good for the price though.

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #13,566 of 33,689
Does anyone here have tried Takstar TS-2280 ?
TB2khLMoJRopuFjSZFtXXcanpXa_!!3199776406.jpg
TB2aKplXYD8F1Jjy0FpXXcduVXa_!!55355899.jpg
TB2YqNkX3L8F1JjSspjXXbZgpXa_!!55355899.jpg
because I am confused in choosing between TFZ Exc 3, Final Audio E2000, and Takstar TS-2280
I'm looking for something detailed with good separation and good resolution

.Thanks in advance.

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #13,567 of 33,689
Ah, what a shame you got the V1. I don't know if V2 is available in stores yet but I've had it for a week or so and it's an improvement. It has a better cable and new, thinner drivers that give the mids a little more body and improve the soundstage. V1 is still pretty good for the price though.

Are you refering to MEMT X5 ? How do i identify If its v2 ? I have one on the way

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #13,568 of 33,689
Are you refering to MEMT X5 ? How do i identify If its v2 ? I have one on the way
The V2 I have has a completely different cable - it's a coppery color with no microphone and is more supple with MUCH LESS microphonics. Like I said though I'm not sure if it is in stores yet - I just received one in order to give some feedback to the manufacturer on the changes.

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #13,575 of 33,689
Anyone know of reputable and good CIEM reshellers in china? able to PM the link to taobao?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back