Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 10, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #13,081 of 33,689
Went 0 for 2 on a couple of Borofone models. 1st has a terrible channel imbalance (like 30dB) and the 2nd the right channel drops out about every 30-60 seconds. My advice would be look elsewhere. So far the best of the cheapie 2 piece bluetooth sets has been the syllable d9. The riversong air x2 isnt bad but sounds pretty compressed/recessed compared to the D9. I've got 4 more of the micro bluetooth sets coming (2 SmartOmi and a QCY and a TWS model) so maybe one of those will be a gem.

Thus far, bluetooth utopia has been elusive to say the least.
Have you receive your K5 ,??

Nov 10, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #13,084 of 33,689
Refined is like a high end prossie, unrefined is akin to an old haggard transvestite street walker with cheap drugs squeezing through the veins flicking bottle caps at you telling you that that's the colour you are after.

Or unrefined is like slapping drivers in a shell and calling it a day.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #13,088 of 33,689
Went 0 for 2 on a couple of Borofone models. 1st has a terrible channel imbalance (like 30dB) and the 2nd the right channel drops out about every 30-60 seconds. My advice would be look elsewhere. So far the best of the cheapie 2 piece bluetooth sets has been the syllable d9. The riversong air x2 isnt bad but sounds pretty compressed/recessed compared to the D9. I've got 4 more of the micro bluetooth sets coming (2 SmartOmi and a QCY and a TWS model) so maybe one of those will be a gem.

Thus far, bluetooth utopia has been elusive to say the least.

The Syllable D9x looks interesting: https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_949423.html

And it's promising that you like it's little brother (Syllable D9).

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #13,089 of 33,689
Refined is like a high end prossie, unrefined is akin to an old haggard transvestite street walker with cheap drugs squeezing through the veins flicking bottle caps at you telling you that that's the colour you are after.

Or unrefined is like slapping drivers in a shell and calling it a day.

haha, priceless comparison

Nov 10, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #13,090 of 33,689
Have you receive your K5 ,??
nope, still no sign of a couple good ones I am waiting on. Story of life all the bills arrive on-time but all the good stuff takes 3 extra weeks to show up.

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #13,092 of 33,689
Anyone knows whats close to the sound of Ostry Kc06A?
After owning so many pairs of Chinese IEM's I still can't find a better version of it XD

To owners of the Kc06A, how would you describe the sound signature of it?
Would you consider them warm?

I find them balanced with the right bump in bass and huge headspace, just makes any music I listen to sound so good
Even though they are just a single dynamic driver I have yet to find any budget hybrids that win it.
Unfortunately the cable on mine is cracking away, If yours are not cracked yet I'd suggest wiping the oils away from them after use to extend its service life as the material for the cables are bad

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #13,093 of 33,689
The SD6 6BA iem is sales at $115, very tempting. Is it good?

I also looked at Magaosi K5, but it doesn't have discount for 11.11

I'm considering the SD7 myself, 4BA+1DD. Will be less then $130 before coupons....

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #13,094 of 33,689
i am so surprised by aliexpress line of iems like the knock off for shure 846, anf then there iems with 10BA+ Dynamic

did anyone try those iems , there are even iems with 18 BA

i really want to buy something from Aliexpress, and my budget is up to 600 usd, now I want something that is really a great iem, did anyone buy those on alliexpress that are above 300 usd

also what is the concesus here for which is the most liked chinese brand iem

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back