Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #13,051 of 33,689
I really hope the JoyBuy HiFiMan RE-400 deal was no scam since I don't want to deal with the PayPal refund procedure that always takes around 2 months...

For some weird reason the tracking status in the order overview has disappeared and the tracking number isn't traceable on 17track anymore either... Hmmm...

Thats not good. Should probably check my order...

*Edit: Mine were on route to Canuckland as of Nov 5*

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #13,054 of 33,689
I really hope the JoyBuy HiFiMan RE-400 deal was no scam since I don't want to deal with the PayPal refund procedure that always takes around 2 months...

For some weird reason the tracking status in the order overview has disappeared and the tracking number isn't traceable on 17track anymore either... Hmmm...

Same thing with mine. Tracking was already a mess from the beginning, I just think that they have a bad system (aliexpress does this in a better fashion). Many people have reported that Joybuy is legit + Hifiman is back to its regular price on it (same link like the discounted re400) so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #13,055 of 33,689
Yeah. I think they sound like they're from the same family, but the 5 adds a lot more to the low end and isn't quite as bright.
Thank you. I've got the 5 already and I really like them but I'd like to try the Kings too, especially if they've got a bigger soundstage/airier treble. I can live with a little less bass.

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #13,057 of 33,689
Had a quick look at Ali and it seems the big sellers have up'd their shipping price (anyone confirm this that has been paying more attention to it than me) add that to the Chinese holiday and it makes the 11.11 sale pretty pointless. Unless you buy multiple iems then fork out double what we should be paying for ems.

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #13,059 of 33,689
Had a quick look at Ali and it seems the big sellers have up'd their shipping price (anyone confirm this that has been paying more attention to it than me) add that to the Chinese holiday and it makes the 11.11 sale pretty pointless. Unless you buy multiple iems then fork out double what we should be paying for ems.
Yes, i also noticed this , maybe they are trying to cover the discounts and coupons by this way,

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #13,062 of 33,689
I'm pretty sure the tfz exclusive King is going to be my 11.11 buy too. NiceHCK will have them for $78.10. They can be had from the banned seller for a couple bucks cheaper, but I think I will pass for the peace of mind.
Actually with all the discounts and coupons you can have it from NiceHCK for something like $62

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #13,063 of 33,689
Also, I have not seen anybody mention it yet. But the Pinnacle PX is available on massdrop again, this time with their new in stock 2 to 3 business day shipping time rather than the usual wait. I'd seriously be considering grabbing them and ignoring the 11.11 sales if it weren't for the reviews about it being difficult to drive. I don't mind bringing my Cayin C5 with me most of the time, but I don't want to be married to the stack for a portable set up.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mee-audio-pinnacle-px-iems

Nov 9, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #13,064 of 33,689
Same thing with mine. Tracking was already a mess from the beginning, I just think that they have a bad system (aliexpress does this in a better fashion). Many people have reported that Joybuy is legit + Hifiman is back to its regular price on it (same link like the discounted re400) so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Happened to me just now also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back