Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 25, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #12,616 of 33,689
And if the LZ A5 turns out to be a turd, you'll own one. Why recommend something no-one has heard yet? For $240 there are good choices that are available today and are well vetted. Knowing that every vendor has made a dud, I'd be really hesitant to lay my money down on the LZ A5 sight unseen.

I mean if you're a dumbass who buys things from places with no return policy, that's on you. Everything I buy I have 14-45 days to try out.

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #12,617 of 33,689
I mean if you're a dumbass who buys things from places with no return policy, that's on you. Everything I buy I have 14-45 days to try out.

I would say, in fairness, a lot of this isn't about being a dumbass, but having limited options. It's easy to forget that the whole world doesn't have the same access to things, but it doesn't.

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #12,618 of 33,689
Oct 25, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #12,620 of 33,689
The seam looks like it's on very much purpose - ie vents just like KZ did on the ZS5.

I'm almost 100% positive of it, because you see those tiny little "bars" spaced every so often down in the seam? Those are almost certainly standoffs, designed to prevent the faceplate from sealing down onto the shell. They act like stops, only allowing the faceplate to push down so far (ensuring that the vents remain open as well as consistently sized across all units in the manufacturing run).

That might be the case but I wouldn't bet on it. Those bars could just as well be small specks of dirt or just demo unit defects. Doesn't even matter, photos of retail units will start showing up and we will know for sure. I suspect that it will be better than on this photo although not perfect, you can only do so much in terms of precision when you're on a tight budget.

Oct 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #12,623 of 33,689
-----EDIT Looks like they changed the price, earlier it was a $20 difference.

Weird, one is $45 and the other is $25, the price difference seems substantial; maybe it's some price games?

They appear to be the same give or take a few pence (cents?)

The sound signature is similar in that both are fairly bright with a measured level of bass, the ADAX is a little bassier (punchy mid bass) - I bought my E-MI from the UK Amazon but others have bought from the US store and have been fine. A lot will depend on what you want from an earphone, if you're after thumping bass then the EM-I won't suit you.

I think you answered my ultimate question. Something as clear/detailed as the EMI but a little more oompf on the bottom. I just bought the ADAX, for $16 on Amazon, figured I can't go wrong.

I see identical ads with a $.99 cent price difference. It' either an accidental double listing or intentional (e.g., to turn up on a search limited to $25). The ones i just got from U.S. Amazon are great. What didn't you like?

I got the EMI and ZS5, but the rational side of my brain said I'd only keep one of the two. I really like the top end of the EMI, more than the ZS5v2's sometimes piercing highs. I liked the bottom end of the ZS5 and ultimately I think the ZS5 won out as I think my ears are leaning more towards a little more bass presence. I did end up doing the nozzle mod with some foam on one of the two BA. That went a great deal in making them more of an all arounder. Then I saw how cheap the ADAX was and saw that it might be a little more on the lower end, figured it was a split of both the ZS5 and EMI.

Are the ADAX hybrids?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #12,624 of 33,689
same here. i wasn't a fan of the f9 because of that treble.

@Lurk650 is still selling his akg n40, though. that's a brilliant pair of iem's for the price, i love mine. somebody should get those.

Yep, I am $200 shipped in the U.S. Not selling bc I don't like it, but because I got the Lyra II so I just have no need for it anymore. Comes with all original box and both stock cables, one mic one not,and also a VE balanced 2.5MM cable

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #12,625 of 33,689
Hmmm, I'm skeptical that BA drivers placed that far away from your ear will make any difference whatsoever. Otherwise, it would be commonplace in full-size headphones wouldn't it?
not necessarily, remember that sound is about the amount of pressure you can generate. Even placed in the body of an in-ear, you have maybe 1 cubic inch of volume in IEM and the ear canal. In an over-ear you have roughly 6 cubic inches inside the cups and that assumes a perfect seal.
Now assume the BA is capable of generating the same amount of air movement and you can quickly see how it would be usable in in ear applications and less than adequate in over-ears.

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #12,626 of 33,689
Hmmm, I'm skeptical that BA drivers placed that far away from your ear will make any difference whatsoever. Otherwise, it would be commonplace in full-size headphones wouldn't it?

The other possibility is that description is a typo/erroneous.

That's a ~$60 headphone. You can buy 4 of them for $240!

Of course they will. It's still a speaker. Take a BA headphone and hold it in your hand, turn the volume up. Can you hear it? Bam. Volume.

Final Audio's Sonorous VI does this and it absolutely makes a difference.

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #12,627 of 33,689
My thoughts on the BGVP DM5, currently exclusive to The Contraptionist. Will post the review to Head-fi tomorrow. For now, I sleep.

https://thecontraptionist.blog/2017/10/25/bgvp-dm5-wub-wub/

DSC01907.JPG

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #12,628 of 33,689
Oct 26, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #12,630 of 33,689
And if the LZ A5 turns out to be a turd, you'll own one. Why recommend something no-one has heard yet? For $240 there are good choices that are available today and are well vetted. Knowing that every vendor has made a dud, I'd be really hesitant to lay my money down on the LZ A5 sight unseen.
if you read the Sebilion's post carefully he is already interested in A4 and his budget is £200(about $240) so i advise him to wait and see the A5 ,
2nd no one purchase any thing blindly even i the A4 is my most favourite iem and i am waiting for A5 but when A5 will release i will wait bit further and see the impressions/reviews first before purchasing so make a sense before criticising ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back