Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 7, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #9,916 of 33,689
Not fully - its bass is awesomely textured and it has got a razor-sharp separation and great imaging and it also resolves extremely well, especially fro a dynamic driver in-ear, but its treble is not as realistic as it could be. In terms of treble authenticity, I have heard and own several IEMs and headphones in the $1000 to $2000 range that perform somewhat better. Also, I think that the cable is not worthy of a flagship IEM, as is the choice of how to get the logo on the shell.
It is an amazing IEM but not as good as it could/should be in terms of treble realism/authenticity.

Anyway, for the price of the P1, if I had to choose, I would personally rather pick the Pai Audio MR3, Brainwavz B200 or LEAR LHF-AE1d instead.
I never said it's a bad IEM - but imo not worth the full $200 (neither is the IE 80 or T20 imo).

In the end, a product is worth as much as you are willing to pay for it though....

Thanks for clarificaiton

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #9,918 of 33,689
Hi guys, I just received the ZS5 in the mail, this is my first IEM with removable cables. I also bought the upgrade cable but I'm not sure if I plugged them in correctly. Does it matter which pin goes into which hole?

the pins should be inserted the RIGHT way or else you won't enjoy your music as much as you could. if you look closely at the plug and the pin, your will see a rounded and square edge on either side, go and match those when you plug them together.

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #9,919 of 33,689
Jul 8, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #9,920 of 33,689
Hi guys, I just received the ZS5 in the mail, this is my first IEM with removable cables. I also bought the upgrade cable but I'm not sure if I plugged them in correctly. Does it matter which pin goes into which hole?

Attach them with r and l facing outwards. You should be sure to see the letter on the earpiece and the letter on the cable next to each other.

Jul 8, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #9,921 of 33,689

Check the link in my signature for instructions.

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #9,922 of 33,689
Thanks for the review might be getting myself a pair of Exlusive 5 in a week or two.

Jul 8, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #9,923 of 33,689
What about p1 and k3 magaosi
The magaosi is a consumer EQ'd iem. It has exagerated bass to sound bigger. It is a very nice earphone. But the P1 is simply a more audiophile oriented iem. It has a flatter EQ and is quite balanced. It is also insanely comfortable, at least for my ears. I prefer the P1. JMHO

My current top 3 not in any particular order are:

AKG N40
Audeze isine 10
MEE Pinnacle P1

These 3 cover all bases.

TWIN

Jul 8, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #9,924 of 33,689
I have both the P1 and the Zs5 and I clearly find the P1 better pretty much all the way around. I find the Zs5 to have a very narrow sound stage, although Full the bass is lacking clarity and somewhat slow, the Mids are recessed. The Biggest thing though, for me PERSONALLY is the comfort. Thank God I didn't invest +600 in the Campfire Hype to find out that design with the square edges is terribly irritating to my ears. YMMV on this aspect. The P1's although lacking a Tad in sub bass have a much more balanced EQ that I quite enjoy, but I would expect as much as they are almost 7x the price of the Zs5.

I'm not saying the Zs5 are bad, in fact they are quite good at their price point. Just IMHO I prefer the P1 by a fairly large margin.

:sunglasses::sunglasses: TWIN

Wow! I find it Amazing that we are even comparing ZS5 (25 bucks) to P1 (200 bucks). Says a lot for how far KZ has come. The fit for me is actually pretty good as long as I don't push them too far in..the right tips helps with this as well..ymmv

Jul 8, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #9,925 of 33,689
Wow! I find it Amazing that we are even comparing ZS5 (25 bucks) to P1 (200 bucks).

Lol, the Mee is still a good bit ahead on the technical side. Comparing my Koss Porta Pro to my Audeze LCD-X wouldn't automatically mean that the Koss is anywhere close to the Audeze - it just is what it is: a comparison.

Although the ZS5 is indeed a pretty goof offer in its price class. Frankly, it is actually surprisingly comparable to the popular 1More E1001, just with a somewhat leaner and more recessed midrange (you can see a comparative graph of the two in my comparative graph of the two in my ZS5 review - I actually didn't even plan to really do a greater comparison of the ZS5 to anything, but when I received it I immediately thought of the E1001, and yep, it turned out that the two were surprisingly similar overall). In terms of bass speed and separation/definition in the highs and mids, the 1More is ahead, but only by a very slight margin.

Jul 8, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #9,926 of 33,689
The magaosi is a consumer EQ'd iem. It has exagerated bass to sound bigger. It is a very nice earphone. But the P1 is simply a more audiophile oriented iem. It has a flatter EQ and is quite balanced. It is also insanely comfortable, at least for my ears. I prefer the P1. JMHO

AKG N40
Audeze isine 10
MEE Pinnacle P1

These 3 cover all bases.

TWIN
My current top favorite is the Dynamic Motion 200H with the stock large silicone tips....just miles ahead of all the hybrids and multi BA IEMs that I have tested so far.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #9,927 of 33,689
Lol, the Mee is still a good bit ahead on the technical side. Comparing my Koss Porta Pro to my Audeze LCD-X wouldn't automatically mean that the Koss is anywhere close to the Audeze - it just is what it is: a comparison.

Although the ZS5 is indeed a pretty goof offer in its price class. Frankly, it is actually surprisingly comparable to the popular 1More E1001, just with a somewhat leaner and more recessed midrange (you can see a comparative graph of the two in my comparative graph of the two in my ZS5 review - I actually didn't even plan to really do a greater comparison of the ZS5 to anything, but when I received it I immediately thought of the E1001, and yep, it turned out that the two were surprisingly similar overall). In terms of bass speed and separation/definition in the highs and mids, the 1More is ahead, but only by a very slight margin.

I owned the 1more triple , anemic in bass. Sold it off

Jul 8, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #9,928 of 33,689

AKG N40
Audeze isine 10
MEE Pinnacle P1

These 3 cover all bases.

TWIN
How is the bass / sub bass ? Still fun enough ?

Jul 8, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #9,929 of 33,689
I'm not sure if anyone else is having issues with these chinese earphones but I have an issue with my mmcx cable. It only cost like $10 and it came from Tennmak. It's getting tangled permanently and I've been using it for like around 8 months to 1 yr. The cable still works fine but just appearance issues.

What long lasting mmcx cable have you used that doesn't get tangled over time?

Jul 8, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #9,930 of 33,689
Say, do Chinese makers try to mimic frequency responses of popular, expensive brands, like they do with the designs? I.e. I'd like to find something that mimics Shure's SE series - flat till 1kHz, then drops, peaks again at 10kHz and 15kHz. Urbanfun Hybrid seems closest I've seen (and they sounded great too), but still not a big enough drop after 1kHz, which means everything after is overemphasized by Shure standards.

Also, what other types of frequency responses are there from summit-fi? Are they much different from Shure's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back