Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 15, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #9,001 of 33,689
his criteria seems to be volume and bass quantity--if an iem is loud and booming, he loves it. not a very sophisticated palate, but it's his site. i will say that the photos are very pretty and it does serve the purpose of promoting fantastically obscure brands you wouldn't otherwise hear of, some of which (dzat, joyroom) can be quite good and some of which are not.
I guess it's hard for reviewers not to let their preferences sway their opinions
That's why I avoid audiobudget. Dude spends next to no time with an earphone before he reviews it. I respect all the work he puts into his site, but I will never use it as a valid resource.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #9,002 of 33,689
how do the SEAHF AWK-009 compare to the Einsear T2? Looking for clarity mostly
the seafh is brighter than the slightly warm einsear, has a bigger stage and more midbass throb. both vg; if i had to pick on on the basis of clarity i'd probably opt for the einsear, which is less overshadowed by the low end.

May 15, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #9,003 of 33,689
I have had a pair for a while and I was always a bit disappointed because of the light bass although like you said the details are crisp and the sound is clean. Use them sparingly. Then last week I decided to do some tip rolling an them and was using the large genetic silicones that I get from Amazon that are my go to tips for bass and still no major results..then I decided to push the tips as far down on the stem as they would go and EUREKA!!! Holy Moly Batman! There it was.. Bass became full, clear, with Excellent quantity and quality...overall sound quality improved, resolution and soundstage expanded! It was like an entirely new pair of headphones. Unbelievable the difference in quality. Immediately bought another pair from GB.. ...10 bucks?? No brainer, get it while you can...jmo

May 15, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #9,007 of 33,689
May 16, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #9,009 of 33,689
I'm using them with an upgraded cable but not for reasons related to the sound. The original cable has stiff memory wire which made it difficult for me to get a comfortable fit. They do sound pretty good though. I will be posting a review, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

Great thanks. Would love to know how they scale with cable upgrades. What sources are you using?

May 16, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #9,013 of 33,689
Trumpethead--I have ot thank you for the advice regarding the LZ A03. I too had never been happy with the lack of bass. I "shoved" the tip down as far as I could, and voila! The bass came out to play! Amazing. Thanks again.

Your welcome, That's what's so great about these forums we share our insights and experiences and learn from each other. I had almost given up on these but something as simple as "shoving" the tip down all the way made all the difference..love this hobby...

May 16, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #9,014 of 33,689
a bit off topic i guess, i somehow came across this Ocharaku Co-Donguri Shizuku at CDJapan.. looks interesting enough, from some of the reviews, its said that it got less bass but excel in mids and treble.. for that, i already have FAD Heaven II, somehow wondering how does it compares to FAD Heaven II or ZA Carbo Tenore... anybody had experiences with this ocharaku brand? most of its other products are wayyyy expensive except this one particular piece, selling at around 40+- USD..

May 16, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #9,015 of 33,689
a bit off topic i guess, i somehow came across this Ocharaku Co-Donguri Shizuku at CDJapan.. looks interesting enough, from some of the reviews, its said that it got less bass but excel in mids and treble.. for that, i already have FAD Heaven II, somehow wondering how does it compares to FAD Heaven II or ZA Carbo Tenore... anybody had experiences with this ocharaku brand? most of its other products are wayyyy expensive except this one particular piece, selling at around 40+- USD..
I've also been looking for statements regarding this for a while. Seems almost no one has heard both. (I also tried to get comparisons with Carbo Mezzo, available at CD Japan for just a little bit more than Shizuku and it's supposed to be better than Tenore)
I've been this close || to ordering both. :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back