Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 6, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #8,776 of 33,689
Hi!

Has anyone tried any of these?

"5" BA (looks like only 3 but its ok) 83€
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-DIY-HIFI-Monitoring/1727211_32797503997.html

Hybrid DD + ED26784 28€
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...et-with-Mic-28-Cores/2142033_32807236502.html

They seem nice, and i want to try some new earphones
I recall there was a big scandal aroud the forum in early/mid 2016 about and before the DT86
Lots of promises, many disappointed customers.
You might want to read it up, after this time it's a good lecture on biased/unfaithfull reviewers, hypetrains and their possible outcome

May 6, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #8,777 of 33,689
I recall there was a big scandal aroud the forum in early/mid 2016 about and before the DT86
Lots of promises, many disappointed customers.
You might want to read it up, after this time it's a good lecture on biased/unfaithfull reviewers, hypetrains and their possible outcome
uuu

Dont like that. DT86 out of the wishlist

Thanks!

May 6, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #8,778 of 33,689
I received my first pair of KZ's the atr today, I am somewhat liking them, the problem is they sound like they have a low pass filter above the mids. Checking the response graph there is a dip at around 7k and 9k which I guess is the problem. There is something special to these but they're not quite there.

can anyone else recommend something cheap chinese and has a flatter but more extended upper mids response? I would love the same exact sound signature except extended, but some more m/s width in the lower mids would be nice too.

Which unit am I after next?
Awei Q7i amazing SQ. Less than 3 bucks look on eBay. I am still amazed how good they are. Mids are so good and bass is tight. Which KZ did you get?

May 6, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #8,781 of 33,689
the kz atr, looking for a step up in the upper mids and highs
Yep better than the ATR and I like the ATR. Try them nothing to lose but 3 bucks and a 2 week wait time.

May 6, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #8,783 of 33,689
I'm telling ya get them they exceeded my expectations and I'm fussy with SQ. Yeah So Good. ALRIGHT COOL? I got the purple ones damn cool looking. The tips that they arrived with are perfecto. I'm gonna order a backup later on.

May 6, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #8,784 of 33,689
I like the atr, but they're quite narrow. They sound good out of the box without eq, which is impossible to do with sony's phillips etc that are under 10-15 bucks. They are pretty balanced(the bass is not a mud-fest), tight and punchy, but lack articulation and width/presence especially in the upper mid and top end.

surprisingly they have decent 3-D depth that is not stereo mind****. That being said I only paid like 4 bucks so I cant expect perfection ofcourse, but I think its out there somewhere.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #8,788 of 33,689
what will give me the best bang for buck for monitoring accuracy and full range and tight sound. up to like $40 I guess.

Stop by http://www.aproear.co.uk/.

Vidal has a great database of well over 100 in-ears (adding at least 10+/month), and it's easy to sort & search, with detailed descriptions of each.

He has a very similar sound preference as you, so pay particular attention to his favorite recommendations.

Besides being an active HF member, he pays for everything out of his own pocket, so there's no questionable bias from 'free evaluation' products. And if you're in the UK, consider ordering from him, because he runs a trustworthy business, has fair prices, and there's no month-long wait.

And no, I have zero affiliation. I just believe in supporting those who support the community!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back