Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #8,446 of 33,689
Pod, gove Lurk a nod, when he is done with the SWIII have him send them to you. I will tell him on the Bump thread.

That is IF you want to hear them.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Hey, what about me TWIN?  Can I take a number?

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #8,447 of 33,689
Sure, tell Pod when he's done with them. No problem.

That is assuming Lurk will give them up.:smiling_imp:

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #8,450 of 33,689

Budget 1-200 bucks
Notes * Id also like a recommendation for like a 1-50 buck IEMS for working out.
  1. Could you describe in better detail what your preferences are? Do you like lots of bass? Accurate details? Bright treble?
  2. I prefer treble and I listen to mostly trance/techno/rock so I am not a fan of bass
  3. What other headphones or in-ears do you own, and do you have any of them that you prefer most?
  4. AKG K7xx and Byeredynamic DT 880 pro
  5. What music genres do you listen to?
  6. trance/techno/rock
  7. Are you a basshead?
  8. No
  9. What are you driving them with - a phone? Computer? DAP or DAC?\
  10. Computer 
  11. Do you have a headphone amp?
  12. Yes but it wont be used for these iems mostly its a little dot mk iii
  13. Do you have big or small ears?
  14. Big/Normal
  15. Do you plan on sleeping or laying down with them?
  16. No just sitting at a desk
  17. Do you like memory wires that go around the back of your ears?
  18. I dont mind them but I personally like front wires
  19. Do you need isolation (for at work or commuting on public transportation)?
  20. Isolation is a plus yes but not required
  21. Do you need something to work out or play sports in?
  22. No I will buy headphones to work out in (id also like recommendations for that)
  23. Do you require full controls, like volume buttons? Or is a mic with a single button OK? Or would you prefer no mic at all?
  24. No mic and no controls needed maybe a mute button but it is NOT required

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #8,451 of 33,689
  Budget 1-200 bucks
Notes * Id also like a recommendation for like a 1-50 buck IEMS for working out.
  1. Could you describe in better detail what your preferences are? Do you like lots of bass? Accurate details? Bright treble?
  2. I prefer treble and I listen to mostly trance/techno/rock so I am not a fan of bass
  3. What other headphones or in-ears do you own, and do you have any of them that you prefer most?
  4. AKG K7xx and Byeredynamic DT 880 pro
  5. What music genres do you listen to?
  6. trance/techno/rock
  7. Are you a basshead?
  8. No
  9. What are you driving them with - a phone? Computer? DAP or DAC?\
  10. Computer 
  11. Do you have a headphone amp?
  12. Yes but it wont be used for these iems mostly its a little dot mk iii
  13. Do you have big or small ears?
  14. Big/Normal
  15. Do you plan on sleeping or laying down with them?
  16. No just sitting at a desk
  17. Do you like memory wires that go around the back of your ears?
  18. I dont mind them but I personally like front wires
  19. Do you need isolation (for at work or commuting on public transportation)?
  20. Isolation is a plus yes but not required
  21. Do you need something to work out or play sports in?
  22. No I will buy headphones to work out in (id also like recommendations for that)
  23. Do you require full controls, like volume buttons? Or is a mic with a single button OK? Or would you prefer no mic at all?
  24. No mic and no controls needed maybe a mute button but it is NOT required

I would give the Magoasi K3 Pro a try. It includes 2 different tuning filters so you can further adjust the sound, as well as 2 different MMCX cables (with and without mic, silver plated copper, etc)

Another option is to wait a few months (estimated) and get the Magoasi K3 Pro HD when it's released.

You can read about both in the Magoasi K3 thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/839011/magaosi-k3-pro-impressions-and-discussions-thread

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #8,452 of 33,689
@Kenjiwing
​I know this is the Chinese thread but for the same money as the K3 Pro, and it's chintzy MMCX connectors, you could get a V-MODA Forza. The build is rock solid and water-resistant, comes in your choice of an Android or iOS remote, is light, comfortable and isolates incredibly well. Their tiny size makes it easy to insert and remove and you barely feel them in your ears.The sound is energetic, punchy, extended at both ends of the spectrum and just fun to listen to. Also, V-MODA headphones are tuned more for club music. They are known for their bassy headphones, but I can attest that the Forza is their most balanced product to date. This is coming from an owner of their V-80, XS, and M-100 headphones. The Forza can also double as workout buds since they're sweat resistant.

The K3 is technically superior, more audiophile sounding, but the over-ear fit and finicky MMCX connector make it much more of a sit back and relax IEM than an on-the-go, workplace IEM. Seriously, now that the K3 Pro is in my possession I know I would've been happier just ordering myself a Forza(the one I'm talking about is my girlfriend's) than getting the K3. Don't get me wrong. I love the way the K3 sounds, but I do most of my listening while walking the streets or at work and over the ear IEMs get annoying really quick when you're constantly removing and reinserting them to talk to people. Oh, and the MMCX connector is a piece of crap.

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #8,453 of 33,689
Hmmms, do you have any of those you mentioned? I listened to mostly hip hop and witch house type of music. Also my **** UEs left housing cracked, any way for me to buy a new housing?

Tennmak Pro, they are perfect for those genres.

Kenjiwing trance and techno is usually equal treble and bass so I don't see how saying listening to those makes you not a fan of bass lol. On that note, grab the LZA4 from Penon. The blue back filter will suit your light bass needs and the blue front will also suit your treble needs

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #8,454 of 33,689
Does anyone have a pair of defective/broken Rock Zircons they'd be willing to send me (I'll pay shipping). I'm going to dissect them and determine what's different about the white vs black Zircon that makes them sound different.

I've already removed the mesh screens on both of mine looking for differences and they appear identical. Same with the rear vent holes (identical). So it's something internal - the inside of the shell, drivers, etc.

Send me a PM if you willing to help.

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #8,455 of 33,689
Also my **** UEs left housing cracked, any way for me to buy a new housing?

Why not just repair the crack in the Senfers?

I've been using a glue called "Lazer Bond" for lots of headphone repairs and mods. It's one of those gimmicky as seen on TV products, but it actually works great. I wouldn't trust it to repair a priceless Ming vase that broke, but for what I've been using it for it's awesome. There's identical products that work the same (Bondic, GuruFix, etc).

The reason I mention it for the Senfers is because one of the things I use the Lazer Bond the most on is gluing IEM housings back together. So for example, after splitting IEMs apart and modding (ie KZ ATE, ZN1, W1 Pro, etc) it's child's play to glue the halves back together with a hairline bead of Lazer Bond right on the seam.

It dries totally clear in a few seconds using the included UV light, waterproof, and it's as hard as plastic. You can't even see the repairs. I've used the snot out of the original tube, and there's probably 75% left.

It also works great to modify and fill in vent holes instead of tape - just a single drop or 2, then harden with the UV light and viola. Same with gluing mesh screens in the nozzles of IEMs - a hairline amount around the edge of the mesh screen, then harden with the UV light and viola. I also use it on full size headphones, by putting a single drop somewhere on the left side (headband, top of cup, etc) so I can easily distinguish the R and L sides simply by touch (think braille). 

I even used it to mod a few automatic deployment pocket knives, disabling an irritating blade lock by gluing the lock switch permanently to the unlock position with Laser Bond.

What have you got to lose?

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #8,458 of 33,689
Found this posted in our local Facebook. IEM Name is Super 846 8BA. From the looks of it, i think it is based from Shure 846 (thanks Captain Obvious). SRP is 350 USD.

IIRC, seen a post from a head-fi'er that these 846 inspired had some dynamic drivers inside the BA shells.......just a friendly warning tho.

edit:=> think that was some wooden lookin shells not like these.....however if you can personally audition before buying thats good.one more thing these dont have the shure's patented subwoofer but just single/dual BAs.just sayin.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #8,459 of 33,689
IIRC, seen a post from a head-fi'er that these 846 inspired had some dynamic drivers inside the BA shells.......just a friendly warning tho.

edit:=> think that was some wooden lookin shells not like these.....however if you can personally audition before buying thats good.one more thing these dont have the shure's patented subwoofer but just single/dual BAs.just sayin.

That's sneaky! Not gonna buy it though, recently upgraded my IEM to Empire Ears Cerberus.
Btw, here are the specs:

Specification:                                                                                   
Product Name:  Super846 8BA 
Brand: Super 846
Model: 846
Type: In-ear  
 Impedance: 16Ω 
 Headphone sensitivity:112±2db
 Frequency range: 20-20000 Hz
 Driver :TWFK-30017*2+声扬33aj007x2 
 Interface: 3.5mm 
 Weight: 20g

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #8,460 of 33,689
  @Kenjiwing
​I know this is the Chinese thread but for the same money as the K3 Pro, and it's chintzy MMCX connectors, you could get a V-MODA Forza. The build is rock solid and water-resistant, comes in your choice of an Android or iOS remote, is light, comfortable and isolates incredibly well. Their tiny size makes it easy to insert and remove and you barely feel them in your ears.The sound is energetic, punchy, extended at both ends of the spectrum and just fun to listen to. Also, V-MODA headphones are tuned more for club music. They are known for their bassy headphones, but I can attest that the Forza is their most balanced product to date. This is coming from an owner of their V-80, XS, and M-100 headphones. The Forza can also double as workout buds since they're sweat resistant.

The K3 is technically superior, more audiophile sounding, but the over-ear fit and finicky MMCX connector make it much more of a sit back and relax IEM than an on-the-go, workplace IEM. Seriously, now that the K3 Pro is in my possession I know I would've been happier just ordering myself a Forza(the one I'm talking about is my girlfriend's) than getting the K3. Don't get me wrong. I love the way the K3 sounds, but I do most of my listening while walking the streets or at work and over the ear IEMs get annoying really quick when you're constantly removing and reinserting them to talk to people. Oh, and the MMCX connector is a piece of crap.

Never ever had any issues with MMCX connectors. I had multiple cable issues on phones where the cable was fixed. 
I'm good with solder iron, so headphones fixing is no biggie but when cable got stiff and broke on my 200$ DN1000 I was in tears.
MMCX is perfect solution if you don't change every day. Just plug it and forget, change it when the cable is broken or upgraded.

I have K1 with MMCX, I'm using it with silver plated cable since day 1, no problems for last 4 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back