Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #8,417 of 33,689
Hi

I'm looking for under $50 iem.

I mostly listen electronic music but don't mind the bass amount.Audiophile level would be more preferable.

I've heard lots of positives about vivo xe800.
Is it worth to buy?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #8,418 of 33,689
Hi

I mostly listen electronic music but don't mind the bass amount.Audiophile level would be more preferable.

Is it worth to buy?

Thanks.

I had the vivo xe800 and it sucks for electonic music and other modern genres. For orchesta, jazz, instrumental music and symphonies are superb.
I've heard ( I don't own it) the trinity Vyrus and suits your preferences and maybe Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD too.

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #8,419 of 33,689

I also have coming in the mail: a Somic v4, KZ ED7, UiiSii C200, KZ ATR, Boarseman KR25D, Einsear T2, and UiiSii HM7.

I reckon you'll like the Somic, T2s and HM7 the most.

The KR25D are brighter and mid forward compared to the others. I've ordered the ED7s for review but I'm not expecting much from them.

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #8,420 of 33,689

I reckon you'll like the Somic, T2s and HM7 the most.

The KR25D are brighter and mid forward compared to the others. I've ordered the ED7s for review but I'm not expecting much from them.

Lol, I bought the KR25D's because of your website. You sold me on calling them Audiophile, but now that I think about it I should have bought KR49 instead. This will be interesting to see what my ears think.

A member said they use the ED7 as their daily drivers, they sure don't like the best of the best, but hey, if they're better then the ED9's as he said as well, I think I'll like them.

It sounds like I need to stop buying headphones and starting selling some.

I'm also waiting for the Seahf AWK-009 HiFi In-ear Earphones. People are comparing them to a similar sound to the G3's and cheaper.

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #8,421 of 33,689
  Lol, I bought the KR25D's because of your website. You sold me on calling them Audiophile, but now that I think about it I should have bought KR49 instead. This will be interesting to see what my ears think.

A member said they use the ED7 as their daily drivers, they sure don't like the best of the best, but hey, if they're better then the ED9's as he said as well, I think I'll like them.

It sounds like I need to stop buying headphones and starting selling some.

I'm also waiting for the Seahf AWK-009 HiFi In-ear Earphones. People are comparing them to a similar sound to the G3's and cheaper.

I didn't call them Audiophile, I said they are more for audiophiles than bassheads in reference to their more balanced signature.

I've got the G3s and I'm waiting on the Seahf so I'll be able to compare the two.

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #8,423 of 33,689
cool.gif
IMHO You aren't really going to see anything approaching "Audiophile" until you hit around the $200 mark, if even then. THEN you might not LIKE what you hear. "Audiophile" tends to be a Rather Flat EQ with balanced sound and a more intimate sound Stage with exceptional detail, placement and layering.  Surprisingly it isn't dependent on the Number, size or Type of Drivers either. Engineering and great, fliud crossover points make a HUGE difference. For a lot of people jumping into this sound isn't easy when coming from a more consumer Oriented EQ with Plentiful Bass and Highs that give the IMPRESSION of great detail. I know I had to train myself not to ramp up the Bass EQ, but then again I'm an admitted closet Bass Head.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #8,424 of 33,689

cool.gif
IMHO You aren't really going to see anything approaching "Audiophile" until you hit around the $200 mark, if even then. THEN you might not LIKE what you hear. "Audiophile" tends to be a Rather Flat EQ with balanced sound and a more intimate sound Stage with exceptional detail, placement and layering.  Surprisingly it isn't dependent on the Number, size or Type of Drivers either. Engineering and great, fliud crossover points make a HUGE difference. For a lot of people jumping into this sound isn't easy when coming from a more consumer Oriented EQ with Plentiful Bass and Highs that give the IMPRESSION of great detail. I know I had to train myself not to ramp up the Bass EQ, but then again I'm an admitted closet Bass Head.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I'll take exception to the Havi B3 Pro1
rolleyes.gif

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #8,425 of 33,689

I'll take exception to the Havi B3 Pro1
rolleyes.gif

cool.gif
It's a GOOD earphone, Rather Flat EQ, HUGE sound stage, but not what I would call intimate. It could be one of the Exceptions to the "$200 range" and there probably a few more. You obviously like it more than I did. But it's once again, Personal Preference. Didn't like the GR 07 Bass either. Of course I was basing my opinion at that time being a confirmed Bass Head. I should go back and listen to the Havi. Unfortunately I sold them 2 weeks after I got them.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #8,426 of 33,689
respectfully disagree--there's been a proliferation of "audiophile" tuned <$50 iems (urbanfun, ty hizg3, bosshifi b3, etc.) which veer away from the traditional v-shaped consumer signature. which is not to say that same are ultimately as refined or as good as the best $200 players, but depending on your view of diminishing returns acquit themselves nicely.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #8,427 of 33,689

cool.gif
It's a GOOD earphone, Rather Flat EQ, HUGE sound stage, but not what I would call intimate. It could be one of the Exceptions to the "$200 range" and there probably a few more. You obviously like it more than I did. But it's once again, Personal Preference. Didn't like the GR 07 Bass either. Of course I was basing my opinion at that time being a confirmed Bass Head. I should go back and listen to the Havi. Unfortunately I sold them 2 weeks after I got them.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Based on @peter123 's take on the Havi B3 Pro 2 I think I'm going to order one of those. For me an Audiophile grade iem must have a wide sound stage with clear instrument separation which once again IMO B3P1 slays 99% of the iem's I've ever listened to, all the rest starts to really get subjective to individual taste. I did like your last iem ranking, obviously not having N40 or SWIII I can't speak for that part but those I do have would fall close to yours
wink_face.gif
I would think most could really stop the quest with a pair of B3's and a HA2 or Mojo on a really good DSD DAP if not for the B3 shell issue
redface.gif

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #8,428 of 33,689
  respectfully disagree--there's been a proliferation of "audiophile" tuned <$50 iems (urbanfun, ty hizg3, bosshifi b3, etc.) which veer away from the traditional v-shaped consumer signature. which is not to say that same are ultimately as refined or as good as the best $200 players, but depending on your view of diminishing returns acquit themselves nicely.

OK Loomis you know I like yo stuff but I have to know if this is coming from your Philosopher side or your procurer side
wink_face.gif
beerchug.gif

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #8,429 of 33,689
Hi

Is it worth to buy?

Thanks.

Vivo fits me for electro but you can try the 4 in 1

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #8,430 of 33,689

OK Loomis you know I like yo stuff but I have to know if this is coming from your Philosopher side or your procurer side
wink_face.gif
beerchug.gif

that would be my procurer side coming to the forefront--my philosopher side is grieving over aaron hernandez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back