Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 20, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #8,461 of 33,689
cool.gif
That's weird. I'm one of the first to get the K3 (original) and the K1. I had issues with the First pair of the K1 but after replacement none with either the K1 or K3.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #8,462 of 33,689
Finally got the time to pick up my k3 pro from the post office. Will share first impressions tonight as I only listened for a couple of minutes now. 

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #8,463 of 33,689
Never ever had any issues with MMCX connectors. I had multiple cable issues on phones where the cable was fixed. 
I'm good with solder iron, so headphones fixing is no biggie but when cable got stiff and broke on my 200$ DN1000 I was in tears.
MMCX is perfect solution if you don't change every day. Just plug it and forget, change it when the cable is broken or upgraded.

I have K1 with MMCX, I'm using it with silver plated cable since day 1, no problems for last 4 months.

:cool: That's weird. I'm one of the first to get the K3 (original) and the K1. I had issues with the First pair of the K1 but after replacement none with either the K1 or K3.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Could just be bad luck but myself and MontyGibon both ordered from NICE HCK during the 7th Anniversary Sale and are experience the same issue with our K3 MMCX connectors. For me both the included cables cut out when I move around and it takes several attempts at repositioning the over-ear fitment, tucking the cable underneath my shirt and packing away excess cable in my pocket to obtain a constant connection, which can all be ruined by taking the phone out of my pocket to check texts messages and emails.

Yesterday I fashioned a chin slider/strap with a twist tie that pulls the cables taut against my ears and that seems to work. I have a 3rd party cable arriving today so we'll see if that fixes it, but so far the K3 has been a hassle.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #8,465 of 33,689
Hmmm sounds like a bad cable not the actual connectors.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #8,466 of 33,689
Hmmm sounds like a bad cable not the actual connectors.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

We'll see. Maybe it's the connectors on the cable, but the fact both the included cables do this makes me weary. This being my first MMCX product of any kind is also disheartening.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #8,467 of 33,689
We'll see. Maybe it's the connectors on the cable, but the fact both the included cables do this makes me weary. This being my first MMCX product of any kind is also disheartening.

If both cables do it then the fault is almost certainly with the earphones, if had problems with MMCX connectors from **** and Tennmak, I think the design has very little tolerance. 

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #8,468 of 33,689
Could just be bad luck but myself and @MontyGibon both ordered from NICE HCK during the 7th Anniversary Sale and are experience the same issue with our K3 MMCX connectors. For me both the included cables cut out when I move around and it takes several attempts at repositioning the over-ear fitment, tucking the cable underneath my shirt and packing away excess cable in my pocket to obtain a constant connection, which can all be ruined by taking the phone out of my pocket to check texts messages and emails.

Yesterday I fashioned a chin slider/strap with a twist tie that pulls the cables taut against my ears and that seems to work. I have a 3rd party cable arriving today so we'll see if that fixes it, but so far the K3 has been a hassle.

My faulty K3 Pros were actually bought from the Ali store “HotFi Earphone&Headphone”. I had attempted to buy a set from NICE HCK during the 7th Anniversary Sale but just missed out on their offer. There are a couple of faults. I have the same MMCX connector issue which SpiderNhan is contending with  ~ but then an additional fault where the right side is much louder than the left. Removing the  tuning nozzles revealed that the driver mountings aren’t symmetrical. The left driver is set back 2 or 3 millimeters or so more than the right driver. Awful quality control from Magaosi. Hopefully the HotFi Earphone&Headphone store will sort this out; but I’m still waiting to hear back from them.

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #8,469 of 33,689
Anyone try these?
https://youtu.be/jV-5TlhfNPw

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #8,470 of 33,689
anyone brave been trying the mid-fi chifi?

These look super interesting with really good value:
https://goo.gl/NOzwK9
https://goo.gl/H4j633

The reviews look make them seem decent, although I do have to take them with a huge grain of salt. 

Apr 20, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #8,472 of 33,689
I ordered from NiceHCK and though the last update to tracking shows they were processed through the facility in Shenzhen on April 1, I still haven't received them. I am going to contact NiceHCK this evening, but considering the quality control problems being reported I'm wondering whether I should ask for a replacement or refund. It could just be a bad batch from Magaosi, but I'm not sure that I want to go through any extra added hassle of having to send back a defective unit should that end up being the case. It's tough to pass up the deal that I was receiving, though. I guess this is part of living the Chi-Fi life.

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #8,473 of 33,689
I ordered from NiceHCK and though the last update to tracking shows they were processed through the facility in Shenzhen on April 1, I still haven't received them. I am going to contact NiceHCK this evening, but considering the quality control problems being reported I'm wondering whether I should ask for a replacement or refund. It could just be a bad batch from Magaosi, but I'm not sure that I want to go through any extra added hassle of having to send back a defective unit should that end up being the case. It's tough to pass up the deal that I was receiving, though. I guess this is part of living the Chi-Fi life.

Why don't you just wait until you get them to see? No need to panic just yet. It's not like there are 'widespread' QC issues. So far there's 2 reported cases of flaky cables, out of the boatloads they've sold so far. I'd say that's a pretty good track record so far.

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #8,474 of 33,689

i still haven't received my headphone case i ordered from him. Ordered it April 1st

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #8,475 of 33,689

Why don't you just wait until you get them to see? No need to panic just yet. It's not like there are 'widespread' QC issues. So far there's 2 reported cases of flaky cables, out of the boatloads they've sold so far. I'd say that's a pretty good track record so far.

Magaosi having QC problem from HCK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back