Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 30, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #7,622 of 33,689
Yep.

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #7,623 of 33,689
AKG N40. Not much on it on head-fi mostly meh from casual listens not reviews, but stellar reviews elsewhere. It certainly has my vote and it hasn't completed burn in yet. What hifi? Has a great review that I agree with, all except their comparisons. I feel it is quite a bit better than the others being compared, and I've at minimum heard them all.

Downside is the N40 are Not exactly inexpensive.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: TWIN

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #7,624 of 33,689
AKG N40. Not much on it on head-fi but stellar reviews elsewhere. It certainly has my vote and it hasn't completed burn in yet.

Not exactly inexpensive.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

been waiting for some impressions of how the bass reach on these bad boys is!
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #7,625 of 33,689
I'm using the reference filters and they have substantial sub and mid bass. I would think using the bass filters would take them into bass head territory.

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #7,626 of 33,689
I'm using the reference filters and they have substantial sub and mid bass. I would think using the bass filters would take them into bass head territory.

It's a shame you can't use the $50 discount on razordogaudio for these.  Kind of debating a strange pair of IEMs on there mainly due to that discount currently.

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #7,628 of 33,689
It's a shame you can't use the $50 discount on razordogaudio for these.  Kind of debating a strange pair of IEMs on there mainly due to that discount currently.

The ones on razordog are either demos or return item. New they are $400 in most places, sometimes quite a bit higher. I won my pair on an Ebay auction NIB for substantially less. I probably wouldn't own them as i have an aversion to paying much over $200 for IEMs -- If I had to pay full price. But in hindsight they are worth every penny of $400.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #7,629 of 33,689
If anyone is looking to purchase the UiiSii BA-T8 (DT200) I ordered mine from Honstek on the 16 Mar before they were offered on Ali.  They arrived in Ontario Canada yesterday and the tracking number they provided was actually recognized by Canada Post.  Shipping was free and price was competitive.  I had never heard of Honstek prior to this purchase but their service seemed very good.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #7,632 of 33,689
Anyone tried these?
triple driver
I got the coulax cx09 about 2 weeks ago now, and my initial impressions of them aren't great, but obviously ymmv. They are the hardest iem I have in my collection, to get a good seal and are fairly uncomfortable for me. The sound is very thin with little mid or sub bass. They do have a decent soundstage and clear, defined treble as well. If you press them in your ears and hold on to them with your hands, the sound thickens up and really improves. Unfortunately, it's a pain to walk around or sit with them and hold them in your ears with your hands the whole time, lol. Again, this is my personal experience with them and I think if you can get a good seal,they greatly improve their sound and are worth the money. I won't give them another listen though, as they don't work for me. If anyone is interested in them, pm me and I'll part with them for cheap.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #7,633 of 33,689
I got the coulax cx09 about 2 weeks ago now, and my initial impressions of them aren't great, but obviously ymmv. They are the hardest iem I have in my collection, to get a good seal and are fairly uncomfortable for me. The sound is very thin with little mid or sub bass. They do have a decent soundstage and clear, defined treble as well. If you press them in your ears and hold on to them with your hands, the sound thickens up and really improves. Unfortunately, it's a pain to walk around or sit with them and hold them in your ears with your hands the whole time, lol. Again, this is my personal experience with them and I think if you can get a good seal,they greatly improve their sound and are worth the money. I won't give them another listen though, as they don't work for me. If anyone is interested in them, pm me and I'll part with them for cheap.
DT200 is a better choice then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back