Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 30, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #7,636 of 33,689
I got the coulax cx09 about 2 weeks ago now, and my initial impressions of them aren't great, but obviously ymmv. They are the hardest iem I have in my collection, to get a good seal and are fairly uncomfortable for me. The sound is very thin with little mid or sub bass. They do have a decent soundstage and clear, defined treble as well. If you press them in your ears and hold on to them with your hands, the sound thickens up and really improves. Unfortunately, it's a pain to walk around or sit with them and hold them in your ears with your hands the whole time, lol. Again, this is my personal experience with them and I think if you can get a good seal,they greatly improve their sound and are worth the money. I won't give them another listen though, as they don't work for me. If anyone is interested in them, pm me and I'll part with them for cheap.

It's unfortunate that you're not getting a proper seal, which is absolutely vital for getting the best sound from IEMs. Have you tried using different tips?

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #7,637 of 33,689
2016 New HCK UE DIY Fever Custom Around Ear Earphone DYI HIFI Monitor Noise Bass Earphone With MMCX Interface Free Shipping
http://s.aliexpress.com/niem2AVj
(from AliExpress Android)
I found this, and ite also totally customisable via request :)

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Now can you find a matte black KZ ZS3 for me? Lol

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #7,639 of 33,689
It's unfortunate that you're not getting a proper seal, which is absolutely vital for getting the best sound from IEMs. Have you tried using different tips?
Oh yeah, I've tried tip rolling. I tried bi flange, tripple flange, round foam, the other foam shaped tips and every other size and style that I own. I really feel it comes down to my ear shape verses the cx09's shape not playing well together, more than anything. I think I just can't get them inserted quite deep enough. Maybe that is a better way I can describe my problem with them. It's not really just the actual seal, but more of an insertion problem. If I hold them in and press them deeper into my ear canal, the sound really thickens and adds alot of depth. The cx09 have alot going for them, if someone is able to make the shape work for their ears.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #7,640 of 33,689
SWIII have 5 total 1 dynamic + 4 B/A. I actually Gravitate toward a single or dual dynamics or hybrids with 2 or 3 drivers.

I now have in my possesion the best or at least the most unique IEM I have heard yet and it is a simple 2 driver hybrid.

:grinning::grinning:. TWIN

Do I understand you right? Would you (still) say from your experience the SW3 is the best IEM you have heard in its price bracket? I got it for 176€ new yesterday.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #7,641 of 33,689
Do I understand you right? Would you (still) say from your experience the SW3 is the best IEM you have heard in its price bracket? I got it for 176€ new yesterday.

His new iem that he is talking about is the AKG N40. Retails brand new for $400, he got it brand new for almost half that off eBay. I'd say the SW3 sub $300 is most highly detailed and a great IEM, best is highly subjective to preference of sound.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #7,642 of 33,689
Thx. I believe he tried to mention the SW3 is an example of multiple driver which is excellent. I only refer to the SW3 now as I already bought it. Did already read he likes the AKG more. I was asking for Twins personal taste rating.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #7,643 of 33,689
I got the coulax cx09 about 2 weeks ago now, and my initial impressions of them aren't great, but obviously ymmv. They are the hardest iem I have in my collection, to get a good seal and are fairly uncomfortable for me. The sound is very thin with little mid or sub bass. They do have a decent soundstage and clear, defined treble as well. If you press them in your ears and hold on to them with your hands, the sound thickens up and really improves. Unfortunately, it's a pain to walk around or sit with them and hold them in your ears with your hands the whole time, lol. Again, this is my personal experience with them and I think if you can get a good seal,they greatly improve their sound and are worth the money. I won't give them another listen though, as they don't work for me. If anyone is interested in them, pm me and I'll part with them for cheap.

The sub bass even with a good seal won't be impressive, as it's on par with some of the bassier, and can be surpassed by some. Considering IEMs have much greater potential for this, it won't turn any heads. It isn't anemic like some IEMs however. It kind of reminds me of a step up from W1 Pro. I was hoping the case would be nicer, but it's still usable, just a tight fit offering little actual protection. Considering I prefer a fun signature, it can only be worn cable down, and tends to be a little more microphonic than a lot of IEMs I've used, I'd probably take a pass if I had to redo it.

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #7,646 of 33,689
Doos anyone have an issue with seal on the tennmak pianos? 

Complys medium + Large, and Inairs large I just cant get a good seal. My favorite triple flange tips from the P1 just keep popping off it when they are in my ear. 

The standard large silicones that come with it seal the best, but I am not a fan of singles. Also I can not for the life of me find a bi flange tip that doesn't pop out of my ears. (this is for any IEM)

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #7,648 of 33,689
  My take on the MEMT X5. I found it a fun listen for sure, but not without some pretty serious flaws.

​
http://www.head-fi.org/products/memt-x5-in-ear-earphone/reviews/18321​

Nice review! Your impressions match mine pretty well. Decent IEM, especially for the price, but way too bassy, and a bit veiled. Pretty good if you like that kind of sound signature, but IMO way over-hyped.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #7,649 of 33,689

Had a quick listen to the DT200 on Wednesday. By quick listen I mean listening to a song or two in a Tim Hortons. Not ideal, so take this with a grain of salt. In my brief listen the DT200 came across quite bassy without affecting the mids/treble, and with a nice open sound. There was a bit of grain to the treble, but apparently they benefit greatly from burn in of which this pair had not gone through. They seemed like something I would enjoy with more time. Would love to read some more impressions from @1clearhead 

Did you have Dark Roast?

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #7,650 of 33,689
  Did you have Dark Roast?

I forgot they sell Dark Roast actually. Line was long when I came in. Meant to grab something after it died down but didn't. Oops...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back