Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 29, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #7,546 of 33,689
Hey mate can u educate me what is sparkle? I have limited vocab on sound terms and refer to the glossary on describing sound when reading reviews.

But the least i can say now is that the trebles sound ok to me lol. I dont know if the source affects it but on the Benjie S5 the trebles were more apparent.

Edit: But yea each of us have different preference which makes listening and appreciating music a wonderful experience
biggrin.gif

Sparkle for me is that top end of the frequency responce up near 15Khz. It's those highest notes of say a cymbal hit that shimmers and sparkles.
It's an earphones ability to replicate those ultra high notes at the top end of the treble.

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #7,547 of 33,689

+1 I'm probably one of the only ones here to have the SENDIY M1221's for the longest stretch (burned them for way over 200 plus hours by now) and all I can say is the resolution is just incredibly on par with other top-tier brands. I can not shake-off the notion that these can really compete seriously on an upper-scale of other hi-end costing IEM's. I often compare these with the KM series IEM's, a well respected top-tier model IEM from China. It can basically go "head-to-head" with the 12 BA per-side KM model series, but personally I'll take the M1221 over the 10 BA per-side KM model series, which for me the M1221 can manage to top in resolution, imaging and soundstage/head-stage.

You are killing me here 1Clear, I just pushed a 7th Anni 10 item cart and the only thing left for me to get this year is the M1221 if I could just get a great price on a pair
biggrin.gif
If you know where I can get a good deal on them shoot it to me please
wink_face.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #7,548 of 33,689
Ah icic. Thx mate! Something new today for myself.

As for the sparkle it might be too much for my untrained ears to notice. Anw that sounds dope to listen to. Any budget IEMs to recommend for that experience?

I can sell you my old **** 4in1 for cheap, or you can find one on aliex. These have too much sparkle to the point where they hurt. That term is called sibilance.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #7,549 of 33,689
Are **** UEs any good compared to tennmak pros? Thinking about pressing buy button on then makes me excited for some reason! I'm still not sure if the volume control would work if I bought mmcx cable with it advertised for shures?

Yeah, the UEs definitely holds its own against the Pro imo. They're very different sounding though so personal preference will play a big role in which one would be preferred. The UEs has much better treble extension (as already mentioned the Pro is pretty rolled off) and the Pro has significantly more midbass presence. Haven't listened to either for quite some time but for me the UEs is superior. As always ymmw, yada yada etc....

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #7,550 of 33,689
Something durable, with good bass and sub-bass, no harsh treble (I can hardly enjoy my **** 4in1 because of that) and definitely something a bit different compared to my over-year HD650s in overall sound type. Detachable cable is a must as well (although in that price range I'm expecting that to be something common).

Thing is that I listen to all kinds of music, so can't specify just one type that I want to enjoy the most e.g. metal or pop. Want the headphones to be versatile :)

That's about it I think ...

P.S. Oh ... and one more really important thing. Because I'm using a desktop amp/dac combo, I'm not planing on spending more money into a DAP, so my new IEM pair should sound good enough with my mobile phone. Yeah, I know it will benefit from a separate DAP, but don't want that to be mandatory.

Buy a genuine Audio Technica CKR9.:wink: They don't have detachable cables but are strong enough. You may also check the E40.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-Ear-Headphones-ATH-CKR9-Japan/dp/B00JFSFEWW

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #7,551 of 33,689
Yeah, the UEs definitely holds its own against the Pro imo. They're very different sounding though so personal preference will play a big role in which one would be preferred. The UEs has much better treble extension (as already mentioned the Pro is pretty rolled off) and the Pro has significantly more midbass presence. Haven't listened to either for quite some time but for me the UEs is superior. As always ymmw, yada yada etc....

You are for sure right about the **** SS @peter123 but I sstill love my original **** UE's in clear shell
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #7,552 of 33,689
Let's see how they do, maybe I'll end up ordering pros also too :D Now I just need to find mmcx cable with volume control. There's one in ali for 3€, I bet it has lower quality but I would only use it when motorcycling and only in one ear so the slight quality drop wont mind. Should I go for it?

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #7,553 of 33,689
Let's see how they do, maybe I'll end up ordering pros also too :D Now I just need to find mmcx cable with volume control. There's one in ali for 3€, I bet it has lower quality but I would only use it when motorcycling and only in one ear so the slight quality drop wont mind. Should I go for it?

Ask Lee if he can make a cable with microphone for you. He sells mmcx cables but afaik there is no mic on them.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #7,554 of 33,689

I'm sorry I've don't know what cable you're referring to so can't help you with that. ozkan suggestion is a good one, the VE cables are generally very well built.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #7,557 of 33,689
I'm sorry I've don't know what cable you're referring to so can't help you with that. ozkanCable for Shure SE215 SE315 SE425 SE535 SE846 Earphones Cable Cord With Remote Mic and Volume Control for Samsung iphone Android
http://s.aliexpress.com/fQfqm2iy
(from AliExpress Android) suggestion is a good one, the VE cables are generally very well built.

This one or something like this for another example
free shipping With Mic Remote Volume Earphone Cable for shure SE215 SE425 SE535 SE846 upgrade Headphone cable
http://s.aliexpress.com/fAR77Jjm
(from AliExpress Android)

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #7,559 of 33,689
Clear **** UE is nice! Never saw clear offered. Where was this found?

Not sure guys, I bought the over a year ago on AliEx. If I remember right these were right before the UE Customs in the color choices were offered. I'll have to do some research, I know the 8 core cable brought them up a notch at least for my ears anyway
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back