Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 29, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #7,517 of 33,689
  What can be considered better - the K3 Pro for $80 or the SENDIY M1221 for $120?

And do people around have experience with AK Audio Store in ali?

Oh... and another question - I know that the two BAs on the K3 Pro are Knowles 30017, but what about the dynamic driver?

Thanks !

I have both for a few days now - only 2-3h listening time each. So very first impression which may vary in future with burn in (if applies)

Comparison what I hear so far:
K3P is the more balanced and more neutral of both. I use the stock tips and cable and I find them to be quite good. It is a bit north of neutral. Slightly harsh in the mids but nothing to be worry about. Voices sounds just right. I would not say they sound boring but for now I miss a bit sparkle which you can get from the Sendiy M1221 e.g.

Sendiy M1221 (using balanced filter and stock mic cable of the K3P) is fairly bright (what I like) and highs are emphasized which results in very good resolution. The same time it is bit fatiguing. With the Sendiy stock cable these sounds even brighter and more fatiguing - too much for me. Though they are not 100% balanced and neutral I like the Sendiy somehow with its treble sparkle and as the other frequencies are not lacking the same time.

I wished to have an IEM which is right in the middle of these two (whereas my Sony MH 750 are right now - I do not know why but Sony did something right with the MH 750 - but actually I cannot accept a 5€ earphones is the best I can get for my listening preferences).
I will give both K3P and Sendiy M1221 of course more time and see where they are going by burn in time.

I ordered the K3P from AK Audio store. I can fully recommend this store.

I ordered the Sendiy from the Sendiy store applying DHL shipment. Very fast. But in the end I had to pay additional 39€ for customs clearance charges before handing over by DHL. I believe the Sendiy store is the first which did mention the right value on the package and not the 5 USD.
wink.gif
 Not their fault of cause. Just to mention.

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #7,518 of 33,689
[Mod Comment]

I've just nuked a number of posts.

From Currawongs post in the old thread:

-------- Do NOT offer discount codes "for Head-Fi members" from manufacturers or resellers. You are essentially advertising by proxy for them, which is not allowed. If a manufacturer or reseller wants to advertise, they either must use Google Adsense (targeted at Head-Fi) or become a sponsor. No other way. --------

Please do not do it again, and if you see someone doing it, don't reply - simply flag their post, and we'll clean it up.

Thanks

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #7,519 of 33,689

I've only seen a couple of reviews on audiofight which I didn't agree with and they seem quite positive about it. I'll stick my neck out and order a couple one for reviews and one for the store. I want to break the 100 reviews/assessments mark by the end of next month, or at least that my goal.

Great, thanks Vidal!

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #7,520 of 33,689
  Hey, does anyone know the difference between the VJJB V1 and the V1S?

I know these don't have the best reputation around here (and there's much better options out there), but I've had the V1 (not S) for some time now and always wondered what the V1S sounded like in comparison.

Despite them being quite comfortable, my V1 have always been quite underwhelming. They sound very thin and hollow, easily distort (I assume due to the tiny driver), seriously lack bass, and have OOC microphonics.

I was able to improve the bass (and correct a driver flex problem in 1 side) by porting it and swapping the tips.

I'm curious if anyone who has the V1S can chime in and describe the sound (preferably how it compares to the V1).

I found the answer to this if anyone was wondering - it applies to most VJJB products.

The "S" in the model simply refers to a mic in the cable:

V1 = no mic, V1S, mic
K1 = no mic, K1Sm mic
N1 = no mic
etc

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #7,521 of 33,689

I have both for a few days now - only 2-3h listening time each. So very first impression which may vary in future with burn in (if applies)

K3P is the more balanced and more neutral of both. I use the stock tips and cable and I find them to be quite good. It is a bit north of neutral. Slightly harsh in the mids but nothing to be worry about. Voices sounds just right. I would not say they sound boring but for now I miss a bit sparkle which you can get from the Sendiy M1221 e.g.

Sendiy M1221 (using balanced filter and stock mic cable of the K3P) is fairly bright (what I like) and highs are emphasized which results in very good resolution. The same time it is bit fatiguing. With the Sendiy stock cable these sounds even brighter and more fatiguing - too much for me. Though they are not 100% balanced and neutral I like the Sendiy somehow with its treble sparkle and as the other frequencies are not lacking the same time.

I wished to have an IEM which is right in the middle of these two (whereas my Sony MH 750 are right now - I do not know why but Sony did something right with the MH 750 - but actually I cannot accept a 5€ earphones is the best I can get for my listening preferences).
I will give both K3P and Sendiy M1221 of course more time and see where they are going by burn in time.

I ordered the Sendiy from the Sendiy store applying DHL shipment. Very fast. But in the end I had to pay additional 39€ for customs clearance charges before handing over by DHL. I believe the Sendiy store is the first which did mention the right value on the package and not the 5 USD.
wink.gif
 Not their fault of cause. Just to mention.

That was extremely helpful!

I do enjoy more balanced and neutral headphones in general (own a Sennheiser HD650) so I definitely think I'll enjoy the K3 Pro more than the Sendiy. I still like the **** 4in1 but not that much, exactly because of the harsh treble.

And a couple of questions if I may - do you know what kind of DD driver is the K3P using? And how many filters in total did you get with it (1 on the iems and 2 additional ones, or 2 total)?

Thanks again !

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #7,522 of 33,689

That was extremely helpful!

I do enjoy more balanced and neutral headphones in general (own a Sennheiser HD650) so I definitely think I'll enjoy the K3 Pro more than the Sendiy. I still like the **** 4in1 but not that much, exactly because of the harsh treble.

And a couple of questions if I may - do you know what kind of DD driver is the K3P using? And how many filters in total did you get with it (1 on the iems and 2 additional ones, or 2 total)?

Thanks again !

You are welcome. Just to add the hint that 1clearhead shares in his profile his impressions on both IEM.
This may help you, too.
As mentioned the K3P seems not to be 100% neutral but a bit on the darker side. And not too treble resolving.

Do not know about the DD.
They came with 2 filter pairs in total. One pair assembled and another in an accessory bag..

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #7,523 of 33,689

I ordered the Sendiy from the Sendiy store applying DHL shipment. Very fast. But in the end I had to pay additional 39€ for customs clearance charges before handing over by DHL. I believe the Sendiy store is the first which did mention the right value on the package and not the 5 USD. :wink:  Not their fault of cause. Just to mention.

I will be jumping into the K3 territory, and I fully recommend AK audio as well, really pleasant seller. Will be dropping my dough for him soon under the sale.

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #7,524 of 33,689
Sendiy m1221 treble really is bright when out of the box...but after more than 200 hours of burn in, I think the treble is perfectly tamed: Cymbal is a lot less hot now, which make for a much more pleasant long-listening season. I doubt it's brain burn in, either, because I still think my friends hd800 is really damn screechy, lol. Still, feed it poorly mastered music, and you will find out that it's still a very revealing iem.  All in all, m1221 is one of the best all-arounder I got here: with it's bright and very slightly V-shaped sound, great imaging, very good resolution and above average soundstage, it's fun to listen to no matter the genre I use: from edm to classical, from the gentlest of country to the most brutal of metal, it rocks my socks (and expectation) off! Totally can punch above it's price range!

Still, I do believe that m1221 is rather source-dependent...it won't go far with amping, no, but it definitely will benefit from a good, low impedance source with not-so-high gain: **** source (laptop audio port, for example)  won't be able to truly power the dynamic driver, which make for a rather ****ty and boomy bass... truly a farcry from the realistically tight but still musical bass I got paired it with my friend modded xduoo x5 on low gain.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention this, but the m1221 is very tip dependent, too: While I personally find the star tip of KZ and the medium three flanges works best while the stock red tip is too damn bright, it's all up to you to choose the tip that you like. Still, don't forget to tip-roll the **** out of it! Cheers!

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #7,525 of 33,689
Heyo, I am looking for good iems to use with motorcycle helmet and just for travelling use too. I love my beyerdynamic dt-40 for their clarity and airiness but sometimes the highs are too much for my ears and the bass is lacking in them. So I think because I already got them, I should try something different with iems and get one with "darker" sound for edm etc.

The problem is, it would be very good if the iems had volume control in them as when im driving my motorcycle I cant access my phones (LG v10, it has the B&O dac) volume buttons.

First I was looking at KZs but they don't have the possibility for it I guess? Then I found about fake ie80's but they don't seem neither. Vivo xe800s look just kind of boring for me and the cable also worries me, not sure if it has volume control. Tennmak pro seems good option, as I found it has mmcx cable. Does it mean I can buy cable meant for shures which got volume control or even Bluetooth and it would work just fine? Im also up for suggestions, they need to fit inside helmet without tearing my ear off everytime I take my helmet off, like my LG normal iems do :frowning2: it hurts a lot!
Are **** UEs any good compared to tennmak pros? Thinking about pressing buy button on then makes me excited for some reason! I'm still not sure if the volume control would work if I bought mmcx cable with it advertised for shures?

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #7,526 of 33,689
  Sendiy m1221 treble really is bright when out of the box...but after more than 200 hours of burn in, I think the treble is perfectly tamed: Cymbal is a lot less hot now, which make for a much more pleasant long-listening season. I doubt it's brain burn in, either, because I still think my friends hd800 is really damn screechy, lol. Still, feed it poorly mastered music, and you will find out that it's still a very revealing iem.  All in all, m1221 is one of the best all-arounder I got here: with it's bright and very slightly V-shaped sound, great imaging, very good resolution and above average soundstage, it's fun to listen to no matter the genre I use: from edm to classical, from the gentlest of country to the most brutal of metal, it rocks my socks (and expectation) off! Totally can punch above it's price range!

Still, I do believe that m1221 is rather source-dependent...it won't go far with amping, no, but it definitely will benefit from a good, low impedance source with not-so-high gain: **** source (laptop audio port, for example)  won't be able to truly power the dynamic driver, which make for a rather ****ty and boomy bass... truly a farcry from the realistically tight but still musical bass I got paired it with my friend modded xduoo x5 on low gain.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention this, but the m1221 is very tip dependent, too: While I personally find the star tip of KZ and the medium three flanges works best while the stock red tip is too damn bright, it's all up to you to choose the tip that you like. Still, don't forget to tip-roll the **** out of it! Cheers!

So you mean the +200h burn in are required and the brightness will be significantly reduced? Do you still use the stock cable with the Sendiy?
I can confirm the tip dependence. Used the KZ star tips and tried the three filters and only slightly changes appeared to the signatures. Than took wide bore tips and the differences between the filters where huge. I use the wide bores currently.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #7,527 of 33,689
cool.gif
The K3 is slightly dark with the Treble rolled off a Tad. BUT this is what makes them a comfortable long term listen. Overly Bright IEMs are fatiguing and contrary to popular belief aren't necessarily more resolving or detailed than Darker EQ's. Brightness can give the illusion of Detail. Also over brightness in both Highs and High mids can be more prone to Silibance.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #7,528 of 33,689

So you mean the +200h burn in are required and the brightness will be significantly reduced? Do you still use the stock cable with the Sendiy?
I can confirm the tip dependence. Used the KZ star tips and tried the three filters and only slightly changes appeared to the signatures. Than took wide bore tips and the differences between the filters where huge. I use the wide bores currently.

biggrin.gif
Whether it's Brain Burn In or Mechanical Break in, I am a big proponent of "Burn-in". ALL of my Headphones/ IEMs / Electronic Gear get at least 200 Hours, and I keep accurate time Logs of each item.

No opinion wars please. This is just my own Belief.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #7,529 of 33,689

I am using the stock cable, still waiting for my promised upgraded cable from sendiy, lol. M1221 definitely will benefit from better cable, though, and running it through my friend pure sliver cable is a ******* treat.
About the treble though, it won't go down significantly: it will be just less "in your face" and less fatiguing. At it's core, though, it's still a rather bright iem, but with deep, focused and authoritative bass that sound off only in songs that demand it.

Edit: the m1221 treble doesn't change significantly compare to how it was out of the box, but because almost every aspect of it change as it's mature, it's whole tonality is greater than the sum of it's part. Still, male voice sucks, sometime, but it's just me being demanding :p

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #7,530 of 33,689

cool.gif
The K3 is slightly dark with the Treble rolled off a Tad. BUT this is what makes them a comfortable long term listen. Overly Bright IEMs are fatiguing and contrary to popular belief aren't necessarily more resolving or detailed than Darker EQ's. Brightness can give the illusion of Detail. Also over brightness in both Highs and High mids can be more prone to Silibance.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I agree with 1clearhead that besides the brightness of the Sendiy you cannot identify any sort of harshness/sibilance.

(BTW, I am totally unsure whether burn in effects exists or not but hoping for some material burn in with the Sendiy. Brain burn in will not help me in the case I have an A/B comparison reference (another stable IEM with +200h playing time) from the start to the end of the burn in and compare it time to time. Without material burn in nothing will change - the differences of both will remain the same. I have such a reference IEM in place.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back