Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #7,531 of 33,689

I agree with 1clearhead that besides the brightness of the Sendiy you cannot identify any sort of harshness/sibilance.

(BTW, I am totally unsure whether burn in effects exists or not but hoping for some material burn in with the Sendiy. Brain burn in will not help me in the case I have an A/B comparison reference (another stable IEM with +200h playing time) from the start to the end of the burn in and compare it time to time. Without material burn in nothing will change - the differences of both will remain the same. I have such a reference IEM in place.)

Yes, yes it does.
The first driver to change will be the dynamic one, and it will be the last one to mature: Prepare for it's wild teenage phase of 100hz resonance, though, for it will pass =)))
The BA one is still more noticeable, though, since my ears are rather treble-sensetive (or so the overworked violin player believe), as it matures, the high-mid and treble become less fatiguing, which make the mid almost sweet and far more pleasant compare to the treble-fest it was before.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #7,532 of 33,689

Yes, yes it does.
The first driver to change will be the dynamic one, and it will be the last one to mature: Prepare for it's wild teenage phase of 100hz resonance, though, for it will pass =)))
The BA one is still more noticeable, though, since my ears are rather treble-sensetive (or so the overworked violin player believe), as it matures, the high-mid and treble become less fatiguing, which make the mid almost sweet and far more pleasant compare to the treble-fest it was before.

Many thanks for this forecast which lets me keen on the next listening sessions with the Sendiy. Mmmmmh, lets see....200h are 8 days playing time net. I believe I saw here in the forum some sorts of "burn-in-machines" which I could require now. 
Would like to see it again just for interest/reference 
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #7,534 of 33,689
Ok guys, so i'm looking for a new purchase and my preferred sound signature would be to have good and deep bass, clear vocals but can be slightly recessed, and a dark sounding treble but with good detail retrieval. I'm more concerned about the dark signature with good detail as I find myself quite treble sensetive towards treble reproduction. I believe the tennmak pro is slightly dark sounding? But i also heard some saying the tennmak is bright at the same time.... Sooo any recommendations are welcome and thanks for your help guys!! :D

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #7,535 of 33,689
:cool: The K3 is slightly dark with the Treble rolled off a Tad. BUT this is what makes them a comfortable long term listen. Overly Bright IEMs are fatiguing and contrary to popular belief aren't necessarily more resolving or detailed than Darker EQ's. Brightness can give the illusion of Detail. Also over brightness in both Highs and High mids can be more prone to Silibance.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

This brings another level of enlightenment to me. For the Tennmak Pro it has a dark signature with pretty okay-ish trebles but i cant explain why i keep using it (even though i love bright audio).

Now i know the reason and that's probably why i love it (TMP) and nv gets bored of it, EVER lol

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #7,536 of 33,689
For any folks using Bluetooth MMCX cables, which ones do you recommend using and are there any​ big compromises in sound when doing so? Is it even recommended?

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #7,537 of 33,689
This brings another level of enlightenment to me. For the Tennmak Pro it has a dark signature with pretty okay-ish trebles but i cant explain why i keep using it (even though i love bright audio).

Now i know the reason and that's probably why i love it (TMP) and nv gets bored of it, EVER lol

Tennmak Pro has 0 sparkle to it. The treble is super understated.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #7,538 of 33,689
Tennmak Pro has 0 sparkle to it. The treble is super understated.

Hey mate can u educate me what is sparkle? I have limited vocab on sound terms and refer to the glossary on describing sound when reading reviews.

But the least i can say now is that the trebles sound ok to me lol. I dont know if the source affects it but on the Benjie S5 the trebles were more apparent.

Edit: But yea each of us have different preference which makes listening and appreciating music a wonderful experience :D

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #7,539 of 33,689
Hey mate can u educate me what is sparkle? I have limited vocab on sound terms and refer to the glossary on describing sound when reading reviews.

But the least i can say now is that the trebles sound ok to me lol. I dont know if the source affects it but on the Benjie S5 the trebles were more apparent.

Edit: But yea each of us have different preference which makes listening and appreciating music a wonderful experience :D

When you listen to the upper frequencies, such as vocal fry or breathing, a treble focused headphone would accentuate that sound, and you'll hear a sparkle effect on it. Another word to describe it is airy.

The Tennmak Pro has none of that.

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #7,540 of 33,689
When you listen to the upper frequencies, such as vocal fry or breathing, a treble focused headphone would accentuate that sound, and you'll hear a sparkle effect on it. Another word to describe it is airy.

The Tennmak Pro has none of that.

Ah icic. Thx mate! Something new today for myself.

As for the sparkle it might be too much for my untrained ears to notice. Anw that sounds dope to listen to. Any budget IEMs to recommend for that experience?

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #7,541 of 33,689
Ah icic. Thx mate! Something new today for myself.

As for the sparkle it might be too much for my untrained ears to notice. Anw that sounds dope to listen to. Any budget IEMs to recommend for that experience?

Keep in mind that the fit can affect these characteristics massively. Sibilance and sparkle can easily be counteracted (if unwanted) with selecting another tip and trying that one out (in some cases though, the IEM might just have too much and you can't fully eliminate it). Be sure to experiment with various tips and fits to fine tune the signature to your liking!

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #7,542 of 33,689
Keep in mind that the fit can affect these characteristics massively. Sibilance and sparkle can easily be counteracted (if unwanted) with selecting another tip and trying that one out (in some cases though, the IEM might just have too much and you can't fully eliminate it). Be sure to experiment with various tips and fits to fine tune the signature to your liking!

Ahh i havent used an IEM which has brightness or sibilance issue and the closest was the Senzer H1 which was bearable for me (with blu tack behind the tips as it gave the best fit).

Idk if that help to lessen the trebles. But the problem for me is that once i have found the perfect fit for an IEM, i will stop there as i feel that getting the right fit is more impt than anything else lol as loose fit wont let the IEM excel in what it does best

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #7,543 of 33,689
Ahh i havent used an IEM which has brightness or sibilance issue and the closest was the Senzer H1 which was bearable for me (with blu tack behind the tips as it gave the best fit).

Idk if that help to lessen the trebles. But the problem for me is that once i have found the perfect fit for an IEM, i will stop there as i feel that getting the right fit is more impt than anything else lol as loose fit wont let the IEM excel in what it does best

And don't forget since we are talking budget Chi-Fi iem's that EQ can play a part in ironing out these issues as well as tips (seal)
wink_face.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #7,545 of 33,689

Yes, yes it does.

+1 I'm probably one of the only ones here to have the SENDIY M1221's for the longest stretch (burned them for way over 200 plus hours by now) and all I can say is the resolution is just incredibly on par with other top-tier brands. I can not shake-off the notion that these can really compete seriously on an upper-scale of other hi-end costing IEM's. I often compare these with the KM series IEM's, a well respected top-tier model IEM from China. It can basically go "head-to-head" with the 12 BA per-side KM model series, but personally I'll take the M1221 over the 10 BA per-side KM model series, which for me the M1221 can manage to top in resolution, imaging and soundstage/head-stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back