Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 20, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #6,993 of 33,689

Personally, I would never buy foams again.
Yes you can finally get them for reasonable prices now because China doesn't care about Comply's patent monopoly. But they still end up splitting in half after as little as two days. That's completely unreasonable.

I've tried a few of the "comply" tips on aliexpress and they are nothing like the actual comply stuff.  The stuff on aliexpress just feels like the stuff that construction workers use to protect their ears.  Like this; http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Orange-Disposable-Ear-Plugs-80-Pack-92800-80-6DC/202691611

I've tried a few tips on ali and i've never found anything that compares to Comply.  Mind you, comply tips cost almost as much as the headphones i buy from aliexpress so its hard to justify.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #6,994 of 33,689
  I've tried a few of the "comply" tips on aliexpress and they are nothing like the actual comply stuff.  The stuff on aliexpress just feels like the stuff that construction workers use to protect their ears.  Like this; http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Orange-Disposable-Ear-Plugs-80-Pack-92800-80-6DC/202691611

I've tried a few tips on ali and i've never found anything that compares to Comply.  Mind you, comply tips cost almost as much as the headphones i buy from aliexpress so its hard to justify.

Are they worth it though? Sure you can buy a pair of headphones for $15.00 on Ali, but do the Comply tips work and make the experience better? 

I just realized I bought too many headphones and will be selling some soon in the used forums. So Comply tips would be a good deal if you think they're worth it?

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #6,995 of 33,689

Are these with a detachable cable, cause it's not mentioned in the listing?

it says so in one of the images in the product details section

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #6,996 of 33,689

I ordered a set of these quite a while back. Don't think they have removable cables though. Did you order the blue or black? I went for blue, though the black looks better in the pics, lol.

For whatever reason, once my items arrive in Canada they take another month to be delivered. Should have been here weeks ago. I'm waiting on 5 earphones right now, most of which arrive in Canada mid-Feb. Bleh.

i ordered the blue one
tongue.gif
. Well, it does say removable cable in the first image though.Even if they are not, it isn't that much of a deal breaker to me. The cable themselves look good to start with
tongue.gif

Hope they turn out good for the price.
beerchug.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #6,997 of 33,689

i ordered the blue one
tongue.gif
. Well, it does say removable cable in the first image though.Even if they are not, it isn't that much of a deal breaker to me. The cable themselves look good to start with
tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

I agree and think they look great for the low price. I still have my QKZ W1 Pro which cost me about $7 and the cable on those is better than some of the >$100 IEMs I have. Do let us know how they sound once you get them!

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #6,998 of 33,689
:cool: Well now. With just a mere 20 hours on them, I can clearly state I prefer the sound signature of the Magoasi M3 over that of the **** 4in1. Keep in mind I still consider this an initial impression.

By an A/B comparison the **** is quite a bit brighter and shallower sounding, perhaps with a little more definition overall, whereas the M3 is darker with much greater Bass rumble, that results in a "fullness".  What is surprising here is the clarity and definition that arises in the Female Vocal Range. I don't know how they can achieve this with fairly rolled off highs??? to me, the M3 is comfortable and relaxed like Sennheiser HD650's only not quite as veiled.

I like these, A LOT. If you are a big fan of Female Vocal Trance, as I am, you will as well. They also won't break the Bank. :D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-MaGaosi-M3-BA-DD-Hybrid-2-Units-drive-Earbud-In-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-DIY-Headset/32747649936.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.2.u5DaU3&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_1&btsid=fc99099b-f22b-497d-809f-b28860de2d15

:wink: :wink: TWIN
Yes!!!! More people need the m3 in their ear holes,lol. They seem to be hard to find now, but they are worth keeping a look out for them. Can you give me your impression of them again, now that you've had a couple more months with them?

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #6,999 of 33,689

i ordered the blue one
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

Blue team go! haha

I saw that too but looking at the images closely, especially the last one of the black model, it looks like the relief is glued. I also couldn't see anything inside the housing around where the relief enters. But yeah, if not removable no big deal. It would be nice if it was though. 

I hope they turn out to be winner as well. They look the part!

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #7,001 of 33,689
I haven't been able to keep up with all the discussions on this forum lately so my apology if this question has already been asked before.

I am considering MaGaosi M3 and GranVela A8. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #7,002 of 33,689

You are right, 905 seriously lack bass quantity. But if people listen to classical, this is the most cost-effective choice.

So to summarise 'seriously lack bass quantity' - (flawed tuning?) thus 905 is suited to classical only?  

That's pretty limiting to be frank especially considering their cost and the so so fit.

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #7,004 of 33,689
So to summarise 'seriously lack bass quantity' - (flawed tuning?) thus 905 is suited to classical only?  

That's pretty limiting to be frank especially considering their cost and the so so fit.

Well, depend on what You will compare to. It still has more bass quantity than ba drivers. Fit is their real problem. I'm luck it can fit me ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back