Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 17, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #6,916 of 33,689
My Memt X5 that I just received a few days ago has a short in the right side wire and the music is cutting in and out. This is the second order cuz my first was stolen by the PO.. Not good luck so far with this earphone..Love the sound quality though..I got a msg into the seller to see what he advises. I can't name him but I will update so that others will be aware.

Sorry to hear that. The ones I have seem to be put together well. I hope the seller can send you a new one.

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #6,917 of 33,689
any metalheads here? what would be your go-to picks up to $50 and up to $100 mainly for heavy metal?

Here. I can only offer a recommendation insofar as it is the IEM I'm currently using, and I'm very happy with it: PMV A-01 Mk. II.

I've tried them with classical heavy metal, prog metal, a variety of doom genres, stoner, sludge, post-metal, death & melodeath, some metalcore, and haven't found them lacking in anything. They offer quite a detailed sound, so some bands who aren't really up to the level in production don't sound as good as some others who have well-produced material. But I've yet to find them being bad in reproducing metal.

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #6,919 of 33,689
Sorry to hear that. The ones I have seem to be put together well. I hope the seller can send you a new one.

Thanks, Great review btw. My impressions are very close to yours. I really like these and was a bit devastated when they started cutting in and out..hope the seller can help. I've already paid for two pairs and don't have a working pair at this point..

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #6,920 of 33,689
Thanks, Great review btw. My impressions are very close to yours. I really like these and was a bit devastated when they started cutting in and out..hope the seller can help. I've already paid for two pairs and don't have a working pair at this point..

Have you tried a different source? It could be that there's a problem with the plug and not the top wire though it's unlikely. If only they had mmcx u could change cable :frowning2:

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #6,921 of 33,689
Have you tried a different source? It could be that there's a problem with the plug and not the top wire though it's unlikely. If only they had mmcx u could change cable :frowning2:

New Chi-Fi iem's appear to have a coating on the plug ends?

All of mine have seemed iffy at first but rotating the cord at the player end while plugged in has cured.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #6,923 of 33,689
Naah...as much as I like my Pianos, I am not tempted by Cellos, my next target will be PMV A-01 MK2 (hi VShaft! :smiley:)

If I recall @peter123 gave the PMV A-01 MK2 high marks
wink_face.gif

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #6,926 of 33,689
  @1clearhead Did you happen to hear the original Trinity Atlas? Seems the shell is identical to the Sendiy M1221? Been curious but never caught any post comparing these two!

@Roen have you looked into the FLC 8S? https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/forrest-flc8s-iems-hifi-triple-driver-hybrid-2ba-dynamic-in-ear-earphones.html

No, I never had the opportunity or chance to listen to the Trinity Atlas, but there is many reviews and one in particular by 'Brooko', where he mentions that the sound signature is Very V-shaped.

Link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/trinity-audio-engineering-atlas-water-resistant-sports-in-ear-monitor/reviews/16101

....and to my knowledge, the M1221 is just incredibly balanced, while vocals and treble are very present and shine with very good resolution. The 3 tuning nozzles really work well as I personally described them as -balanced, neutral, and completely flat. "I kid you not", when I say that these nozzles really tune well with great precision.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #6,927 of 33,689

I didn't try different source but I will Thanks..pro sure it's the wire or the connection...plays great if I get out just right and don't move...thought the same thing about mmcx...even cuts out if I just touch the mic buttons..smh

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #6,929 of 33,689

No, I never had the opportunity or chance to listen to the Trinity Atlas, but there is many reviews and one in particular by 'Brooko', where he mentions that the sound signature is Very V-shaped.

Link: http://www.head-fi.org/products/trinity-audio-engineering-atlas-water-resistant-sports-in-ear-monitor/reviews/16101

....and to my knowledge, the M1221 is just incredibly balanced, while vocals and treble are very present and shine with very good resolution. The 3 tuning nozzles really work well as I personally described them as -balanced, neutral, and completely flat. "I kid you not", when I say that these nozzles really tune well with great precision.

So the M1221 sounds similar to an Etymotic? Maybe has a little more bass? Ive been looking for a balanced chi-fi iem and I'll be all over this one like a
fly to turd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back