Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 19, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #6,946 of 33,689
Mar 19, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #6,948 of 33,689
Nice review, will put it in the starting post of the K3 Pro thread if you are all right with that.

Yeah thats cool with me! Thanks! 

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #6,950 of 33,689

Dang it Clear, think you just sealed it for me on the M1221, I never bought the Atlas because I had the Delta V2 and decided to go with the P-1's and still glad I did. Don't really think the Sendiy will be anything like the Atlas outside of the shell! I've been going back and forth deciding on the M1221 or the K3Pro which Twin adores. He's going to be mad at me because I never bought his highly hyped SWIII's either so if I go with the Sendiy's I'm afraid he's going to cut me off
eek.gif
LOL Got to stop for a while now because I also (or finally) jumped on a 1More triple
rolleyes.gif

Nah, I'm sure 'TWIN' understands. If I had the budget, or if the price were able to drop low enough for me, I'll check out the Shock Wave III, as well. Owning up to the more expensive Chinese made IEM's like the LZ A4, K3 (K3 PRO), Shock Wave III, or the SENDIY M1221, is all a matter of preference.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

LZ rocks, here's a review of the A4:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a4/reviews/18235

D*m! ...That's probably the best picture I've ever seen of the LZ A4. Nice job!
smile_phones.gif

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #6,953 of 33,689
I am not going to buy anything Head-Fi releated for a looooooong time, totally happy with my MagaOsi K3 Pro's and Fiio X5ii.
Why people buy dozens of IEM, beats me. Probably read to much forum and dive onto whatever hypetrain that comes by.
I got the K3 because I had quality issues with my LZ-A2 and also my 64ears are somewhat bad sounding lately.
Guess it's all hobby related, but theMagaOsi hypetrain is for real. Pretty astounding how the Chinese audio engineering evolved, they for sure beat many, many giants that cost a whole lotta cash more.
Said before, sounds clichee, but I am still amazed by the music (not sound) they create.

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #6,954 of 33,689
  I am not going to buy anything Head-Fi releated for a looooooong time, totally happy with my MagaOsi K3 Pro's and Fiio X5ii.
Why people buy dozens of IEM, beats me. Probably read to much forum and dive onto whatever hypetrain that comes by.
I got the K3 because I had quality issues with my LZ-A2 and also my 64ears are somewhat bad sounding lately.
Guess it's all hobby related, but theMagaOsi hypetrain is for real. Pretty astounding how the Chinese audio engineering evolved, they for sure beat many, many giants that cost a whole lotta cash more.
Said before, sounds clichee, but I am still amazed by the music (not sound) they create.

It looks like I spent $60 US on IEM's on Ali. I spent the same amount on earbuds. The ear buds are not as good value because they leak outside sound in. I personally can't ever see myself buying headphones for $135 US like yours. That's about $170. Canadian. I would rather find a budget version for much less that is almost or sort of as good. Some people can afford expensive ones, but most people can't or don't want to. I even heard one person mention they would rather have an expensive $250 DAP and cheap $30 headphones.

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #6,955 of 33,689
It actually bears repeating simply because many IEMs produce GREAT sound, but few are truly Musical. The K3 falls into both catagories.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 19, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #6,956 of 33,689
Hey!

So a while back I was looking for a similarly-priced alternative to my Joyeroom JR-E107s. Though the E107s were working fine at the time, alas one ear is now defective.

Luckily I had picked up the MEMT X5 (as per the recommendations earlier in this thread to my query), I am also very pleased with these as they seem to offer a more broad and enthralling experience (I'm no audio connoisseur) which is great for when I'm working!

The reason I loved my E107s is that they were great sleeper IEMs, and when listening to spoken word/audiobooks these would of been my IEMs of choice (and were until they broke). Alas, now they are gone and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations in regards to IEMs which are tailored to the discrete and light profile the E107s have (and preferably snug fitting tips)? The (silicon?) earbuds that came with it sat so well in my ears, and being complemented by their light weight and small size made them great sleeper IEMs.

The MEMT X5's tip selection is unfortunately poor in terms of fitting my ear compared to most other IEMs I've bought: the tips I'm using currently are off my tennmak pros and seem to be doing the job reasonably well (in terms of filling my ear) but not offering quite the same audio fidelity as the stock X5 tips (but they also lack a full and snug fit). Furthermore, the X5's profile is a little wider and bulkier, making them more noticeable when lying down vs the complete unaware immersion the E107s offered.

Any recommendations in terms of similar-profiled IEMs to the E107s would thus be appreciated. Isolation is also a factor as the E107s offered imo decent isolation (though I suppose it's partially dependent on the tip as well).

I did just buy the EINSEAR T2 as well, I hope that they have a niché to fill. I'm looking at IEMs in that similar cheapo price range (I've established that for my needs I needn't spend megabucks).

Cheers all! 

Zero Audio Tenore are my sleepers. Philips 3590 are also good.

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #6,957 of 33,689
Have you tried the tips from the e107 on the X5? If you have some tips that give you a perfect seal there's no shame in using them on several IEMs.

I did indeed but alas the holes which affix the buds to the IEMs are too large to be of use. Bit of a shame but I'm sure I'll rectify it down the line with more cheap Chifi IEM purchases!

--------

Thanks to the other recommendations, will check them out!

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #6,958 of 33,689
So i've decided on the MEMT X5.  But just a quick couple of questions I'd like to ask...any help would be appreciated!

1)I've heard the ear tips are no good.  Any recommendations that are available on aliexpress?

2)What store do you recommend now?  I used to buy everything from the store that no one mentions.

3) Are there any other random cheap headphones that ppl are intersted but haven't tried yet?  I always like to throw 10-15 on a brand or style that no one has tried and I can put a comparison when i get it. 

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #6,960 of 33,689
  So i've decided on the MEMT X5.  But just a quick couple of questions I'd like to ask...any help would be appreciated!

1)I've heard the ear tips are no good.  Any recommendations that are available on aliexpress?

2)What store do you recommend now?  I used to buy everything from the store that no one mentions.

3) Are there any other random cheap headphones that ppl are intersted but haven't tried yet?  I always like to throw 10-15 on a brand or style that no one has tried and I can put a comparison when i get it. 

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Same store or AK Audio 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back