Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 7, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #6,481 of 33,689
hey, so i know this is out of topic but i don't know where else i can get clearer answers. how do i use the store coupons in aliexpress? the only additional thing that appears in cart is the "seller discount" which is different. i already got the coupons; they're in "my coupons".

Seller discount is only available on items that are on Sale Items > Seller Discount. Unfortunately i dont know anyway u can access this on the mobile app, only in browser.

Store coupons works for everything in the store. Once u hit the value (i.e 19USD) when u check out, u will see the discount being auto applied. That's before the payment confirmation.

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #6,483 of 33,689
I could only make out bits and pieces of the google translation, but it seems his impressions were quite positive.  Any native Japanese speakers here willing to make a more coherent translation?

This is my site and written in casual Japanese. Then it might be hard to translate it into English automatically through Google translate.

when I use k3 pro, I thought it is well balanced signature.
then I compared k3 pro with hd6xx in the viewpoint of sound signature.

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #6,484 of 33,689
Mar 7, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #6,485 of 33,689

Senzer H1 have plenty of bass, you don't have a proper seal or the ones you have are defective.

I'm listening to my pair right now to confirm.

Gave the H1 another listen and i have to disagree with u regarding the bass. The seal is pretty good with the comply, and the bass no doubt is aplenty but its really shallow and lack the punch and body. I might have a dud but i am still satisfied as the clarity and brightness is what sets it apart with other IEMs.

Songs used:
BEP - Boom Boom Pow
The Black Keys - Everlasting Light
Of Montreal - Bassam Sabry

Just a quick update, i have given up on the Hi905 and have to agree with u its like listening music through a sock. I was using the HM7 the whole day and decided to give the Hi905 another try and must say i am totally disappointed that the HM7, being less than a quarter of the price totally walk over the Hi905. Good seal, clarity and bass just tops the Hi905. The in ur face kind of music but not agressive is just so nice to listen to. For me if anyone wants an IEM for cheap, just get the dual pack for ard 12USD on AE. Give the other one to ur other half or would be other half. Once they have listened to it u wont be disappointed with the reply. No brainer for the value.

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #6,486 of 33,689
Today i also got my Hi905. I have to agree that it has issues.

For starters while it has good bass slam, it really lacks subbass. You can hardly feel 40 hz with these. In the mids department there is some diffuse field compensation going on but it's overdone to the point of being painful (3.5khz peak). Treble seriously dips from 4khz to 8hz where it peaks in an unpleasant way. It then rolls off quite fast past 12khz.

The biggest issue is the bass without a doubt. With a peak as large as it has in the high mids, it needed bass that was at least linear, if not compensated (5db lift) to balance out the sound, but the Hi905 rolls off instead.

Soundstage is nice and wide with good depth for that price range (the recessed bass actually helps in this regard by layering the sound). Fit could be better but it's not terrible. It resembles the older ckm iems by Audiotechnica with the short angled nozzles. Isolation is not great, but you can't expect much better with a shallow fitting iem.

The packaging is nice though and so is the selection of build materials. But sonically, there are better options at this price range. The Vivo XE800 provides a similarly wide soundstage with a more linear fr from bottom to top and the **** 4in1 while v-shaped, still manages better extension at both ends. Ironically, the **** also manages a slightly more linear treble than the UiiSii.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #6,487 of 33,689
  I received the MEMT X5 today and I just have to say...Holy mother of bargains! I haven't spent much time with them yet, will burn overnight etc but I'm pretty certain these will go straight to the top of my sub $20 IEMs list. What I can say right now is that build quality is superb but the cable is a little stiff and microphonics are real. Stay tuned.

Get some Good Tips on them Pronto Crabby. Those Dual Flanges aren't good. I found the Cheapie KZ "Star" tips work wonders on them. I got to agree "Holy Mother!!!"

They LOVE power. I can't figure out HOW they did this for $13 (on Tao Bao)

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #6,488 of 33,689
Get some Good Tips on them Pronto Crabby. Those Dual Flanges aren't good. I found the Cheapie KZ "Star" tips work wonders on them. I got to agree "Holy Mother!!!"

They LOVE power. I can't figure out HOW they did this for $13 (on Tao Bao)

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Yep I'm using Spinfits with mine

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #6,489 of 33,689
  Solid housing and awesome sonics on these are a PLUS! Cheers!
beerchug.gif

If you like the MaGaosi K3 (K3 Pro), get the UiiSii HM7. But, if you like the SENDIY M1221, get the MEMT X5. Both have 90% sound signatures to its predecessors!
wink.gif

thank you 1clearhead. though i've not heard the magaosi k3, i've come across the praise it gets for the performance. So, i feel having a similar sig is a plus for HM7. Also, i have read in a blog that the HM7 has no sub bass. Can you pls confirm this? I'm gonna sorely miss the sub bass if this is the case.
frown.gif

Thanks

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #6,490 of 33,689

The packaging is nice though and so is the selection of build materials. But sonically, there are better options at this price range. The Vivo XE800 provides a similarly wide soundstage with a more linear fr from bottom to top and the **** 4in1 while v-shaped, still manages better extension at both ends. Ironically, the **** also manages a slightly more linear treble than the UiiSii.

SkiesOfAzel, I see the XE800 got the GR07 drivers in them, but how do you find the bass? do you feel that it's lacking, or is it neutral with other frequencies?
Thanks.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #6,491 of 33,689
  SkiesOfAzel, I see the XE800 got the GR07 drivers in them, but how do you find the bass? do you feel that it's lacking, or is it neutral with other frequencies?
Thanks.

The XE800 has a little more bass than the GR07CE but unless you A/B them you will think it actually has less due to psychoacoustics. The XE800 has moderate diffuse field compensation that the GR07 lacks, so it makes the bass sound a little recessed which is not. The only real failing of the XE800 bass is that it's not as linear, there is less sub bass than mid bass compared to the Vsonic. Still, 40hz do offer tactile feedback so it does the job, but if you expect its low end to sound close to the GR07BE you will be disappointed.

If you are into modding, you can increase the bass of the XE800 by widening the back vents. It's a very easy mod if you use a properly thin needle and the difference can be huge.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #6,492 of 33,689

The XE800 has a little more bass than the GR07CE but unless you A/B them you will think it actually has less due to psychoacoustics. The XE800 has moderate diffuse field compensation that the GR07 lacks, so it makes the bass sound a little recessed which is not. The only real failing of the XE800 bass is that it's not as linear, there is less sub bass than mid bass compared to the Vsonic. Still, 40hz do offer tactile feedback so it does the job, but if you expect its low end to sound close to the GR07BE you will be disappointed.

If you are into modding, you can increase the bass of the XE800 by widening the back vents. It's a very easy mod if you use a properly thin needle and the difference can be huge.

oh Wow, that was really helpful
beerchug.gif
. Since my 07be's cable went kaput, i was looking for a cheaper replacement that would sound pretty close, if not similar to them. Hence the craving for xe800
tongue.gif
.  If the bass port mod can help, i dont mind spending 20bucks on them.
L3000.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #6,493 of 33,689

thank you 1clearhead. though i've not heard the magaosi k3, i've come across the praise it gets for the performance. So, i feel having a similar sig is a plus for HM7. Also, i have read in a blog that the HM7 has no sub bass. Can you pls confirm this? I'm gonna sorely miss the sub bass if this is the case.
frown.gif

Thanks

Nope, not the case. The HM7 provides plenty of sub-bass, unless the blogger had a faulty pair? There are plenty of other reviews (or rather quick comments) on them and by far they have plenty of sub-bass to go around and very similar in depth, speed, and quantity as the K3's.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #6,494 of 33,689

oh Wow, that was really helpful
beerchug.gif
. Since my 07be's cable went kaput, i was looking for a cheaper replacement that would sound pretty close, if not similar to them. Hence the craving for xe800
tongue.gif
.  If the bass port mod can help, i dont mind spending 20bucks on them.
L3000.gif

I actually like the XE800 better than both the GR07 CE and BE, because it sounds more neutral. But on the downside, while its bass is good for critical listening, it's not always enough for when you are commuting. Modding solves that issue but you will end up with an IEM that has a different sound signature than the GR07s. That's not necessarily a bad thing but don't expect it to sound like the BE when modded, it wont.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #6,495 of 33,689
  Today i also got my Hi905. I have to agree that it has issues.

For starters while it has good bass slam, it really lacks subbass. You can hardly feel 40 hz with these. In the mids department there is some diffuse field compensation going on but it's overdone to the point of being painful (3.5khz peak). Treble seriously dips from 4khz to 8hz where it peaks in an unpleasant way. It then rolls off quite fast past 12khz.

The biggest issue is the bass without a doubt. With a peak as large as it has in the high mids, it needed bass that was at least linear, if not compensated (5db lift) to balance out the sound, but the Hi905 rolls off instead.

Soundstage is nice and wide with good depth for that price range (the recessed bass actually helps in this regard by layering the sound). Fit could be better but it's not terrible. It resembles the older ckm iems by Audiotechnica with the short angled nozzles. Isolation is not great, but you can't expect much better with a shallow fitting iem.

Yea, the Hi-905's can be a hit or miss for some. They play very neutral with plenty of clarity and if you are coming from a V-shape sound signature to these, you might either love them or hate them. Mines are burned in past 200 hours by now, and that makes up for the lack of bass I was missing on mine for the first 100 hours plus. It surely plays in a unique way, as a 3D-like atmosphere tuning. But, like I said their will be some that hate them, and those that love their unique quality of sound. But, definitely these ARE NOT for bass heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back