Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 25, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #6,226 of 33,689
Weird to read this about vsonic, I have several vsonic iem as old as 2010 or 2011, all still work perfect

Can anyone recommend a nice thick all copper MMCX cable? Don't like my rose cappuccino stock cable.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #6,227 of 33,689
  I've just ordered the Memt earbuds as I'm very impressed with the X5s. 

Just got the earbuds in.  Both sides vibrate unnaturally with bass, so something's loose.  It's like adding the sound of a vibrating phone on top of the normal bass.  The metal piece on the L jack slides off due to absolutely no adhesive holding it in place, and the metal has a sharp edge btw.  Even vocals sounded like something was vibrating.  Too bad, was hoping with the X5 doing well the X3 might be worth a shot.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #6,228 of 33,689

Just got the earbuds in.  Both sides vibrate unnaturally with bass, so something's loose.  It's like adding the sound of a vibrating phone on top of the normal bass.  The metal piece on the L jack slides off due to absolutely no adhesive holding it in place, and the metal has a sharp edge btw.  Even vocals sounded like something was vibrating.  Too bad, was hoping with the X5 doing well the X3 might be worth a shot.

Sounds like yours could be a dud. Look forward to what others have to say about it.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #6,229 of 33,689
  Sounds like yours could be a dud. Look forward to what others have to say about it.

That's what I'm assuming, but with at least two different immediately noticeable QC issues, it's not worth it for me to buy another pair.  I might be able to get a refund, but it most likely won't be worth the hassle, especially if they want me to mail it back.

Yep, just cut myself looking at the metal jack sleeve.  This thing's going in storage.

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #6,230 of 33,689
In case someone wants to give it a go.  LZ-A4 on Massdrop.  Should ship March 27th, but anyone with experience with drops can tell you those are just estimates.  Once 5 people buy price is $175.

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #6,231 of 33,689

That sounds scary. That's the same reason I haven't ordered the Urban Funs after seeing a photo of someone's badly made ear buds. I already paid for my Memts, Hopefully, they are ok.

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #6,232 of 33,689
  Honestly in what I have seen the LZ-A4 seems to demolish everything, atleast from just reading reviews.

But obviously its price is high and not for everyone.

That would be a misconception. At it's price point the LZA4 is very good and very versatile. Make no mistake, IMHO The Shockwave III absolutely destroys it, but is much harder to listen to. Come down a bit and for less than $100 You can get the Magaosi K3 / K3 Pro which I have always thought was on the same level as the LZA4. However, on direct A/B comparison as well as from a comfort Standpoint, I Prefer the K3, even though they are over-ear wear only. They are bigger in all dimensions than the A4.

Some will argue but this is my view and I will stand by it.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #6,233 of 33,689
That would be a misconception. At it's price point the LZA4 is very good and very versatile. Make no mistake, IMHO The Shockwave III absolutely destroys it, but is much harder to listen to. Come down a bit and for less than $100 You can get the Magaosi K3 / K3 Pro which I have always thought was on the same level as the LZA4. However, on direct A/B comparison as well as from a comfort Standpoint, I Prefer the K3, even though they are over-ear wear only. They are bigger in all dimensions than the A4.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Where are you finding the k3 for under 100?

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #6,234 of 33,689

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

That's why I ordered the K3 Pro @ Penon.
Thanks TwinACStacks for pulling me over!
Give my impressions when I get them.
See if they hold up to my 64 Ears.

Feb 25, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #6,235 of 33,689
That sounds scary. That's the same reason I haven't ordered the Urban Funs after seeing a photo of someone's badly made ear buds. I already paid for my Memts, Hopefully, they are ok.

You can usually find urbanfun on Amazon (I bought mine there) for nearly the same as Ali. Might make returns more possible. I paid $25 as I recall and it's definitely worth it.

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #6,237 of 33,689
I have had the MEMT X5 for a few days now. 
I must say, that I am not overly impressed by their performance. They have thundering bass, but in my opinion it is very intrusive and makes them sound boomy, rather than fun. Had the bass been very well controlled, i.e. quick, then they probably would have sounded more natural and in line with the mid-range, but I don't find this to be the case. 
The highs are also elevated, so they have quite a v-shaped sound. I often enjoy the v-shape, but these just sound unnatural in my opinion. 
For the price they are probably fine. I don't have much experience in this price range though, so can't really say how they compare to similarly priced headphones. I do enjoy the Sendiy M2 a lot more, but they are also ~twice the price. 

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #6,238 of 33,689

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Well I have the 1more triple drivers. I paid 60 and I am happy.

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #6,239 of 33,689
  I have had the MEMT X5 for a few days now. 
I must say, that I am not overly impressed by their performance. They have thundering bass, but in my opinion it is very intrusive and makes them sound boomy, rather than fun. Had the bass been very well controlled, i.e. quick, then they probably would have sounded more natural and in line with the mid-range, but I don't find this to be the case. 
The highs are also elevated, so they have quite a v-shaped sound. I often enjoy the v-shape, but these just sound unnatural in my opinion. 

Thanks for saving me. I canceled my payment and my second order cancellation. I'm staying far away from these Memt X5  ear buds, no matter how good or bad they sound. I'll buy the UrbanFun's instead.

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #6,240 of 33,689

Thanks for all the input guys. The K3 is way over my budget, and the M4 does looks intersting. I'm not really looking for a great sounding IEM (I doubt I would be doing any analytical listening outside), just decent relaxing sounds with great build quality. The B100 does have some nice input on sounds, but the upper cable from the Y split does makes me question the longevity of them. My dealer nearby does have some Vsonic IEM in stock so I will go check it out. Then there's the Radius stuff too, though their cheap offering aren't exactly cheap either compared to the chinese one.

If longevity is something you are looking for, i suggest you stay away from Vsonic's. I had 4 vsonic iem's, 07BE, VSD5, AN16 & Vsd2. All except the vsd2 started failing near the cable strain relief area(either iem side or jack side). And honestly, i take real good care of my iem, always keep them in a pouch, never take them out of my house too. 
Off the top, the iem that comes to my mind for relaxed listening are the carbo tenores. Really great and they cost just about 35 bucks. However, again you need to take good care of them as the cable feels too fragile. That said, ive had a pair for more than a year now and they are still going strong. 

P.S: Vsonic's sound great. The Gr07BE is a masterpiece to this date and the VSD5 isn't far behind. However, they are not for relaxed listening as they are quite extended and HOT in the treble region.
gr07X is excellent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back