Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 24, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #6,196 of 33,689
sorry i meant that one x5 i think. wait i donno if its x5 or x3 lol.

what do you mean by refined, u mean more clear and better resoluton?

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #6,197 of 33,689
  I don't understand this way of thinking of just getting every low budget Chinese IEM you can find. Instead of buying many earphones with a combined value of $800 (or $400 or $1000), why not restrict yourself to one or maybe two really high performing earphones? 
I can understand if there is a huge difference in the sound signature, and your music library is very diverse, that you want maybe two different earphones with different tonalities. In this case, I could rationalize having two earphones, but still, in my opinion it makes more sense to buy only one or two earphones, but then get the best ones your budget allows. Unless you have money enough to buy everything on the market. 

I've gotten to tour, own, and listen to several ~$500-700 headphones and IEMs. I prefer the A4 and K3 to the majority of them based on sound signature, performance, and cost.

The $130-200 cost/performance of these would have been $500+ two years ago easily IMO. TOTL usually places a huge premium for that last 10% of performance, which I'd rather not pay for. If my budget was limitless, then I would.

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #6,198 of 33,689
  Hi. I'm looking for an 75$ IEM that has good to great build quality, with an easy on the ear sounds (no sibilance, no boomy bass, smooth sounding) and good isolation if possible. There's so many iem these days that it's can be overwhelming to search, but so far I have narrowed down to Vsonic VSD5S, Fiio EX1 2nd gen (great build quality but the sounds is too thin for my taste) and Brainwavz B100.

Brainwavz B100.

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #6,199 of 33,689
  Hi. I'm looking for an 75$ IEM that has good to great build quality, with an easy on the ear sounds (no sibilance, no boomy bass, smooth sounding) and good isolation if possible. There's so many iem these days that it's can be overwhelming to search, but so far I have narrowed down to Vsonic VSD5S, Fiio EX1 2nd gen (great build quality but the sounds is too thin for my taste) and Brainwavz B100.

cool.gif
ph0n6, Go the extra $, and you can get the Magaosi K3 Pro which is a NEXT-Level earphone. If you contact the Sellers that carry these on Ali Express, they can be had Sub-$100. The newer Pros have interchangeable nozzles.

wink.gif
wink.gif
TWIN

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #6,200 of 33,689
So currently I am enjoying the IEM, that is not to be mentioned here, however, I am having trouble with the fit, it seems like a lot of the recently recommended IEM's here are the bullet style type of IEM. I am trying to find something that fits like the Shure215 or tennmak Pro, even the KZ ZST to me is more comfortable, I am having trouble with the smaller ones becoming loose and not keeping a good seal. Any thoughts on something that is good in the style I am referring to? At first, I thought I was all about a Bright detailed IEM and have come to appreciate a more neutral sound signature, with Details. Favorite over ear headphone I have are the ZMF Ori's (OMNI).

Also... We need more pics on this thread, I like seeing styles and such of the Chinese IEM's afraid I'm getting to the point of first looking at the style, for fit and comfort and then thinking, "I wonder if it sounds good"

Thanks all,

James

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #6,201 of 33,689
  I've gotten to tour, own, and listen to several ~$500-700 headphones and IEMs. I prefer the A4 and K3 to the majority of them based on sound signature, performance, and cost.

The $130-200 cost/performance of these would have been $500+ two years ago easily IMO. TOTL usually places a huge premium for that last 10% of performance, which I'd rather not pay for. If my budget was limitless, then I would.

I have a pair of Angies and they didn't wow me straight away. It took a couple of hours of listening for the brain burn in and then wowzers.
So if I heard them at a meet I wouldn't have been amazed after a quick listen. At first they sound a little warm and balanced and then hours later they open up and you're in the front row or in the studio with reference quality sound. Also they fit my signature which is equally important. They're not a fun iem strickly speaking but you get the fun out of the music instead out of colouration or enhanced bass etc. Sure they were expensive but if they last a long time it'll be well worth it. They're easily 10% better than anything i've heard. Running them balanced out of my M1s gives them a black af background too. So if you've ever wondered if the higher end is just a difference in price tag, I say probably sometimes but not in this case. In this case the price tag justifies the performance. My budget is not limitless but they cut down on my hunting for other iems significantly and once you put out the fire in the wallet the wallet becomes healthier after a while for less spending.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #6,202 of 33,689
  I have a pair of Angies and they didn't wow me straight away. It took a couple of hours of listening for the brain burn in and then wowzers.

I've never heard of or thought of brain burn in before... would that make a pair of TOTL headphones useless for most people? Maybe that's why 90% of people on public transit don't seem to care about amazing headphones?

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #6,203 of 33,689
Lol, yeah i've gone balanced on the bus with iems lately and it makes no difference because of so much ambient noise.
99.999 percent of the world wouldn't spend more than $15 on a pair of earphones. What a bunch of losers...

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #6,204 of 33,689
Got my vivo ex800. Truely amazing iem. But the volume control don't have a + or - sign?

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #6,205 of 33,689
Got my vivo ex800. Truely amazing iem. But the volume control don't have a + or - sign?

Can you share the link please?

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #6,210 of 33,689

Haha I heard k3 pro is good also.
If money is no concern, what is the best sweet spot? I know what I said is redundant but you get the drift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back