Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 24, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #6,182 of 33,689
@1clearhead
 @toddy0191

My batch of MEMT X5s have arrived. First impressions are very very good. Bright, punchy sound. I like!

Been listening to them some more and am really impressed. Great sub bass for a 6mm driver!!!

If you insert them too deep though the bass becomes overpowering as it blocks the little ports next to the strain reliefs.

They're really comfortable too.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #6,183 of 33,689
Been listening to them some more and am really impressed. Great sub bass for a 6mm driver!!!

If you insert them too deep though the bass becomes overpowering as it blocks the little ports next to the strain reliefs.

They're really comfortable too.

eek.gif
 Holy hell man! How far are you pushing 'em in, you'll be in [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]South Tyneside District Hospital having them surgically removed at this rate. :wink:[/color]

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #6,184 of 33,689
:eek:  Holy hell man! How far are you pushing 'em in, you'll be in South Tyneside District Hospital having them surgically removed at this rate. :wink:

Hehe! If I had a pound for the amount of times I've lost tips in my ears I'd be a rich man.

I've used tweezers, scissors, pens and nail files to get them out and have so far remained injury free!

Sometimes it really improves the sound massively (cellos, dt2+, soundmagic e10s to name a few)

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #6,187 of 33,689

and to add on, when you are on the go, the difference between a TOTL and a budget-fi earphone will be lesser due to the noisy ambience. 
when using a 4digits earphone, I have to properly pamper it, take out of  pelican case to use. after finishing, need to properly put back into the pelican case.
when using a budget-fi earphone, i can just chuck it here and there. roll the wire up and chuck it into the pocket

vg point. to analogize, a RWD BMW might be a terrific car, but it's a bad choice for, say, chicago, where it'll be useless in the snow and probably get jacked. i do most of my listening off my mobile either walking outside or in a noisy environment like a gym, so optimal factors for me are good isolation, easy to drive, comfortable. iems like the urbanfun and bk50 check those boxes, which is probably why i keep hyping 'em.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #6,188 of 33,689
  I don't understand this way of thinking of just getting every low budget Chinese IEM you can find. Instead of buying many earphones with a combined value of $800 (or $400 or $1000), why not restrict yourself to one or maybe two really high performing earphones? 
I can understand if there is a huge difference in the sound signature, and your music library is very diverse, that you want maybe two different earphones with different tonalities. In this case, I could rationalize having two earphones, but still, in my opinion it makes more sense to buy only one or two earphones, but then get the best ones your budget allows. Unless you have money enough to buy everything on the market. 

We have a disease. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #6,190 of 33,689
Feb 24, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #6,193 of 33,689
please compare memt x3 vs cello, 4in1 and higher ends like k3, a4 or tk12 etc.

i wanna know how is the soundstage, clarity and resolution is compared to these.

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #6,195 of 33,689
Hi. I'm looking for an 75$ IEM that has good to great build quality, with an easy on the ear sounds (no sibilance, no boomy bass, smooth sounding) and good isolation if possible. There's so many iem these days that it's can be overwhelming to search, but so far I have narrowed down to Vsonic VSD5S, Fiio EX1 2nd gen (great build quality but the sounds is too thin for my taste) and Brainwavz B100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back