Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 20, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #6,062 of 33,689
Hi, guys!

Any recommendations for a cheap, sub $50 iem that has forward mids and fairly wide soundstage like that of the KZ ZST's stage?

TFZ Series 1 and 3

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #6,063 of 33,689
Hi, guys!

Any recommendations for a cheap, sub $50 iem that has forward mids and fairly wide soundstage like that of the KZ ZST's stage?

maybe the soundmagic e80? I dont own one, but i had a chance to listen to them once. Guess the owners of the e80 can comment more on this. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #6,064 of 33,689
Hi, guys!

Soundmagic E80 is a incredible iem for their price to performance ratio they are specially known for their mid range with amazing vocals quality and excellent soundstage ,  i don't know about their current price but hope it will be around $50,  you will never disappointed with these iem, , , 

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #6,065 of 33,689
  maybe the soundmagic e80? I dont own one, but i had a chance to listen to them once. Guess the owners of the e80 can comment more on this. 

Yes, but I seem to be the only person in the world who thought they were boring. Gifted them and buddy loved them til he snagged the cable on a drawer and tore it from the housing

They are $75 on Amazon and $52 on NewEgg. I do for some reason want to hear them again with my new gear and new sense of quality sound

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #6,066 of 33,689
Hi, guys!

I own the E80S and i love 'em. I've also has some kz earphones (ed9 & ate) in the past and although i don't have memory of their sound quality in detail, i can certainly say the e80s trumps them in sheer technical performance. It has better resolution and I  hear more detail than i did with both KZs as well. Can't comment on any other aspect of the sound since I can't a/b them now.

As far as soundstage does, it's definitely one of the strong suits of e80s. Easily trumps my Vivo XE800 in both size and depth.
It's not as cavernous as my B3, but it's pretty respectable in size and I'd say it's as holgraphic as the B3. 

One thing to consider is it's a lil hot in the upper mids/lower treble region. There's no obvious peaks like the xe800s have in the 2-3k region, but I definitely hear a metallic sound every now and then, with a slight sibilance than both B3 and xe800.

Some shots i took of my E80s just for fun.

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #6,067 of 33,689
For anyone interested I just saw a new hybrid on HotFi and it says they'll offer a discount if you review it on Head-Fi. 
tongue_smile.gif

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Newest-Yusheng-G11-Hybrid-2-way-Earphones-Balanced-Dynamic-Wired-Stereo-Sport-HIFI-Earphone-with-Detachable/1922340_32793736374.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.RULlMe

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #6,068 of 33,689
Feb 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #6,071 of 33,689
Damn @1clearhead @TwinACStacks I can't resist the K3 Pro. Taobao are very difficult and expensive for me, so I just noticed it's available on AK store Aliexpress. Irresistible price.

New version (with filters) ordered. Anybody have tried them with the filters? 
@Twin (or whoever has both): how do they compare to TK12 and TK13?
Thanks,

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #6,073 of 33,689
Damn @1clearhead @TwinACStacks I can't resist the K3 Pro. Taobao are very difficult and expensive for me, so I just noticed it's available on AK store Aliexpress. Irresistible price.

Thanks,

Just so everybody is on the same page, Twin and I both own the K3. Not the K3 Pro with the filters. The filters supposedly add warmth.

Based in the K3 that I have, they have less oomph than the TKs but make up for it in clarity, detail and airyness. The K3 do still have very good bass

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #6,074 of 33,689

Thanks,

cool.gif
Oops, I only have the Original, but they are next level to the TK12 and 13. I'd say right between the TK13 and the Shockwave III, but far more listenable. This is a huge statement for me to make as I'm a Musicmaker fanboy. I'm hoping July at AK sends me the new model for a comparison against the original. The Cable is very nice but bothersome to me, ( I don't prefer over ear IEMs), as it has memory sleeves on the Wires. They do an excellent job of keeping the K3's in place though. I just opted for an upgrade cable without the memory wire ends.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back