Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 19, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #6,016 of 33,689
Do you listen to progressive rock? If so, which one do you prefer when listening to, let's say, Pink Floyd: The Wall?

I listen to basically everything except RAP and Hip Hop. FOR ME, (IMHO), the K3 is the better Earphone of the two. Larger sounding and lacking that metallic artificialness found in many B/A driver equipped earphones in the High mid / High frequencies. It is just natural sounding, like sitting at a concert. Plus It just fits so well.

Oh man... stop it!(not!) I`m ditching A4 buy-plan because of Your & 1clearhead impressions and better ergonomics.

Quote:

Update....MaGaosi just responded today and told me that he was trying to decide whether to keep it as K3 PRO or K3 Plus, but decided with K3 PRO because even the instruction booklet he had published mentions K3 PRO and NOT K3 Plus.

He's already changed it back to K3 PRO.....

MaGaosi麦高思 K3 PRO《旗舰K3》新换嘴可插拔换线圈铁HIFI耳机
风格上属于杂食系耳机,声场开阔,瞬态完好,解析一流,分离度、空间感、乐器凝聚力等都非常不错。音色上来说,三频均衡的调音可以让人尽量感受到音乐制作人本身的想法,就平常的流行音乐而言,自然已经是完全足够。

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.suaYg2&id=544702360837&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail

He mentions that all third party sellers would hopefully follow, soon!

Well? I wish his company the best of luck....
ksc75smile.gif
 no matter what name he chooses they are really "top-tire awesomeness"!

Thanks for info! Waiting K3PRO to show up somewhere like Penon or amazon. Any idea when?

There are a lot of choices in the under-$50 category.

My current favorite IEM is the [$32.07] HLSX Magaosi MGS BK50 - Earphone, 32Ω, 101dB/mW, 20Hz-20KHz, Wood housing, 1x Dynamic & 1x Balanced Armature, Tethered cable w/Mic & Volume Controls.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170218083431&SearchText=BK50

Take Care,
David Baldock

Does this iem can comparable to the kz atr?

I have ATR and BK50 is better, especially in soundstage, even compared to modded ATR. BK50 has more distant out of the head-stage imaging and less "close-in-your face" details. Though, ATR isn`t bad either in soundstage, just my personal preference. Certainly some will find ATR better for their tastes than BK50.

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #6,017 of 33,689
I am also gonna wait till the pro version is available.
Find the nozzles very convenient,not just sound wise, but also for cleaning purpose.
Screw them off, and use some gentle compressed air to get rid of the usual debris.

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #6,018 of 33,689
Though I'm happily married with A4, I sinned... 
I just ordered K3pro over M1221, for K3P better looking... 

Feb 19, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #6,019 of 33,689
I finally got some more eartime with the BK50s  this weekend, so I now know what it is didn't like about them.

They had a little too much mid bass for my taste and there is a slight over emphasis (to my ears) on the 's' and 't' sounds with certain singers. I never got round to playing with the EQ to see whether I could fix it.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #6,020 of 33,689

Very curious how you compare them with your LZ-A4's
Got them at Taobao I guess? 

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #6,021 of 33,689
Hi guys, this may not be related, but do any of you know any good leather or pleather pad replacement thats kinda thick, round shaped, and has about 10cm diameter? I prefer ali or gearbest, cause amazon and ebay shipping is too costly for my place. Thanks!

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #6,022 of 33,689
  Very curious how you compare them with your LZ-A4's
Got them at Taobao I guess? 

Yep, from taobao. 
Will post my impressions when it arrives

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #6,024 of 33,689
  Thanks for info! Waiting K3PRO to show up somewhere like Penon or amazon. Any idea when?

He never mentioned when.....I'll send him a message and see if he replies. I'll keep you posted.

Wow! You're an evil sinner....
ph34r.gif
   But truly, any of those choices are all good. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #6,025 of 33,689
Personal opinion, I wouldn't want anything warmer than the original K3. As it stands its an outstanding IEM

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #6,026 of 33,689
Personal opinion, I wouldn't want anything warmer than the original K3. As it stands its an outstanding IEM

+1 True. I have no problem with the K3 (I like brightness and details), but others may differ because of sesitivity issues, either overly bright, or harsh and sibilant for some. But, already that's just a personal preference of choice for most people. The good thing though is that MaGaosi released 2 different versions of the K3. I guess more options....better solution and satisfaction.

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #6,027 of 33,689
OK, for those that are on a budget.....

I mentioned more than a month ago that the MEMT X5 can be had for less than a third of the cost while gaining at least 90% of the SENDIY M1221's sound signature.

Well, another steal would get you very close to the sound signature of the MaGaosi K3. The UiiSii HM7 comes "awefully close" to the K3. I would also rate them as close as 90%, as well! I've been comparing these two for several months now.

Hope I could help save some pocket change for those on a budget.
etysmile.gif

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #6,028 of 33,689

I mentioned more than a month ago that the MEMT X5 can be had for less than a third of the cost while gaining at least 90% of the SENDIY M1221's sound signature.

Well, another steal would get you very close to the sound signature of the MaGaosi K3. The UiiSii HM7 comes "awefully close" to the K3. I would also rate them as close as 90%, as well! I've been comparing these two for several months now.

Hope I could help save some pocket change for those on a budget. :etysmile:
thank you so the ones that cost less than 10 dollars

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #6,029 of 33,689
  I finally got some more eartime with the BK50s  this weekend, so I now know what it is didn't like about them.

They had a little too much mid bass for my taste and there is a slight over emphasis (to my ears) on the 's' and 't' sounds with certain singers. I never got round to playing with the EQ to see whether I could fix it.

Are You sure You have BK50 ? From Your impression seems it is rather the same looking IEM but other brand that B9Scrambler reviewed little time ago.
I detect NO s & t sibilance nor boosted midbass with my unit. I think user @loomisjohnson
also has original BK50 and should have same impressions as I do. But maybe it has to do something with source gear matchup or personal hearing sensitivity? Idk, I`m also pretty sensitive to highs and consider BK50 highs evenly smooth but still very detailed.

Well, another steal would get you very close to the sound signature of the MaGaosi K3. The UiiSii HM7 comes "awefully close" to the K3. I would also rate them as close as 90%, as well! I've been comparing these two for several months now.

Hope I could help save some pocket change for those on a budget. 
etysmile.gif

Appreciate Your input and info! Thanks!

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #6,030 of 33,689

UIISII stepping up their game in earphone business. I've seen lots of interesting looking models from them lately and they all have great design. Aesthetic 100% surely but sound wise i'm still not sure coz i don't see people talking about them or have tried their models other than the HM7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back