Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 19, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #6,001 of 33,689
Guys, any one tried these? a $36 triple driver Hybrid. (2ba+1dd)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Version-COULAX-Headphones-In-ear-Headphones-Triple-Driver-Headphones-with-In-line-Microphone-Remote/32742091867.html

COULAX CX09 Triple Driver In-Ear Earphone In-line Microphone and Remote for iPhone Android Phones Headphones for a mobile phone

Model: COULAX CX09
Color: Black
Drivers: Two Balanced Armatures and One Dynamic Driver
Cable Length: 1.2 m (4 ft)
Plug: 3.5 mm Gold Plated
Wired Materials: TPE(Thermoplastic Elastomer)
In-line remote control: Included
Rate Power: 5 mW
Net Weight: 15g

Should be with me today... :)

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #6,002 of 33,689
Should be with me today...
smily_headphones1.gif

Give us some early impressions ASAP if you could please. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #6,005 of 33,689

Update....MaGaosi just responded today and told me that he was trying to decide whether to keep it as K3 PRO or K3 Plus, but decided with K3 PRO because even the instruction booklet he had published mentions K3 PRO and NOT K3 Plus.

He's already changed it back to K3 PRO.....

MaGaosi麦高思 K3 PRO《旗舰K3》新换嘴可插拔换线圈铁HIFI耳机
风格上属于杂食系耳机,声场开阔,瞬态完好,解析一流,分离度、空间感、乐器凝聚力等都非常不错。音色上来说,三频均衡的调音可以让人尽量感受到音乐制作人本身的想法,就平常的流行音乐而言,自然已经是完全足够。

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.suaYg2&id=544702360837&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail

He mentions that all third party sellers would hopefully follow, soon!

Well? I wish his company the best of luck....
ksc75smile.gif
 no matter what name he chooses they are really "top-tire awesomeness"!

Thanks, man!

--------

Hi @TwinACStacks
Did you get that nice upgraded cable from the original maker or a third party seller? Looks stunning!

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #6,006 of 33,689
Feb 19, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #6,007 of 33,689
Holypal, for evaluating IEMs I would choose Flight of the Cosmic Hippo over Floyd.  Much much interesting deep bass on that track compared with most Floyd.

The new remix of Echoes (Meddle) does have some very interesting low bass at various points.  There is a hidden Hi-Res version of Meddle in stereo and a 5.1 mix on the new boxed set that is really cool.

Personally, for me, the best Floyd disc for evaluating equipment would be a high res version of DSOTM.  Or perhaps Wish You Were Here (I tend to skip Shine On Parts 1 and II and go on to the more active tracks).

I am old enough to actually have seen Floyd perform DSOTM all the way through twice in the 70's; along with much of Animals and WYWH.   In 1974 the lyrics for what became Animals were different (Raving and Drooling I fell on his neck with a scream....)

Plus I even saw the Wall live in Los Angeles in 1979 or so.

Thanks. I also listen to Cosmic Hippo when looking new iems. I like it a lot, as in my avatar.

The Wall is too famous. It is my favorite Floyd album. You're very lucky to see the Wall live show.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #6,008 of 33,689
  i would also be interested in a nice solid copper one that looks nice and isn't too expensive. the one that comes with my rose cappucino looks kind of stupid.

The more, the merrier as they say. I am also interested in an mmcx cable, preferably with a mic for my **** 4in1. While its sound signature is not what i would prefer for critical listening, the elevated and deep bass is perfect for attenuating outside noises, so i find myself using it more and more for commuting.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #6,009 of 33,689
  Thanks, man!

--------

Hi @TwinACStacks
Did you get that nice upgraded cable from the original maker or a third party seller? Looks stunning!

cool.gif
Yes Fred, it's from a banned 3rd Party seller. Solid Sterling Silver 8 core. I love it but it does add a little Brightness/Crispness to an IEM.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #6,010 of 33,689

Update....MaGaosi just responded today and told me that he was trying to decide whether to keep it as K3 PRO or K3 Plus, but decided with K3 PRO because even the instruction booklet he had published mentions K3 PRO and NOT K3 Plus.

He's already changed it back to K3 PRO.....

MaGaosi麦高思 K3 PRO《旗舰K3》新换嘴可插拔换线圈铁HIFI耳机
风格上属于杂食系耳机,声场开阔,瞬态完好,解析一流,分离度、空间感、乐器凝聚力等都非常不错。音色上来说,三频均衡的调音可以让人尽量感受到音乐制作人本身的想法,就平常的流行音乐而言,自然已经是完全足够。

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.suaYg2&id=544702360837&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail

He mentions that all third party sellers would hopefully follow, soon!

Well? I wish his company the best of luck....
ksc75smile.gif
 no matter what name he chooses they are really "top-tire awesomeness"!

Now I wonder the MaGaosi K3s on aliexpress are K3 Pro or K3 first version.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #6,015 of 33,689
  I'd have to agree with you on that. I honestly would take the M8 over the G5 B&O on tonality alone. The B&O is only marginally better in practice than the M8 in terms of audible technical performance. 

This is true, my wife had an M8 I got her not so long after launch and she just got an HTC 10 a couple months ago now.
She loved her M8 and honestly didn't need to upgrade but I got a good deal on the 10.
I also had an M8 for quite a while and I loved it, honestly it has the best speaker output of all the generations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back