Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 15, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #5,897 of 33,689
I've got a USB C to micro USB somewhere. I'm hoping to try it with my Xiaomi Max.

Yeah, let's hope it works fine. In my experience OTG cables (and especially USB C) seem to be a bit picky when it comes to dac's :wink:

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #5,898 of 33,689
Yeah, let's hope it works fine. In my experience OTG cables (and especially USB C) seem to be a bit picky when it comes to dac's
wink.gif

Worse case I'll use it with my iMac

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #5,899 of 33,689
Feb 15, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #5,900 of 33,689
Worse case I'll use it with my iMac

I'm sure you get it to work, just wanted to give you a heads up in case it doesn't work with the first cable you try. Anyway, it's a great device so good luck if you get one.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #5,903 of 33,689
Is it a rebranded Somic V2 by any chance, it looks identical?

It could be. The iFrogz Aura looks like another rebrand as @RvTrav pointed out a while back. Status Audio has a version too. Regardless of whether or not they're simply a rebrand or they all just share the same housing with unique tuning, this particular model from AudioMX is quite nice. It's also the most wallet friendly of the group which is a nice plus.

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #5,904 of 33,689
I'm an occasional long time lurker. I started with tf10's years ago, and a couple years ago hopped on the take ie800 train. I'm still using and thoroughly enjoying the sound signature. But I'm getting the bug again. I want something in the $50 to 100 range. I've been reading the thread but the options are mind-boggling now. I also would really like to get from Amazon and not have to wait for China post. Any recommendations?

One thing to note, is that a lot of the vendors are actually in Asia, and you may have to wait for shipping from China or Japan, even when ordering on Amazon.

Are you looking for Earphones or Earbuds?
I only have a couple of Earbuds / Earphones in the $50 - $100 range, and I don't think they're available on Amazon.

But, if you're willing to wait the 2-3 weeks for delivery from AliExpress, I can recommend these two -
TingJie R4 Earphone ($89, for another 8-hours) -  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-R4-4in1-In-Ear-Earphone-Dynamic-BA-Hybrid-Drive-Unit-DIY-Handmade-Earphone-HiFi-earphone/32730164804.html
VE Asura 2.0 Earbud ($78) -  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Venture-Electronic-VE-ASURA-high-impedance-150-ohms-earbud-earphone/32411358569.html

Take Care,
David Baldock

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #5,905 of 33,689
If you're thinking that the 'banned seller' has been rehabilitated and has learnt there lesson about telling the truth you might want to consider: -

I placed orders for 5 items over a period of a few days, they were all showing as 'waiting for pick up' in the tracking. After a week of this I emailed them to ask whether they'd actually shipped. 

I get a snotty message back saying 'we've already shipped them'

Three days later still no change in status so I opened a dispute. The dispute completed immediately, you normally have to wait ages. Aliexpress awarded in my favour on the basis of evidence they got from the postal company. Obviously the 'already shipped' was BS.

I'm running out of sellers on Ali I trust or would consider doing business with.

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #5,906 of 33,689
  If you're thinking that the 'banned seller' has been rehabilitated and has learnt there lesson about telling the truth you might want to consider: -

I placed orders for 5 items over a period of a few days, they were all showing as 'waiting for pick up' in the tracking. After a week of this I emailed them to ask whether they'd actually shipped. 

I get a snotty message back saying 'we've already shipped them'

Three days later still no change in status so I opened a dispute. The dispute completed immediately, you normally have to wait ages. Aliexpress awarded in my favour on the basis of evidence they got from the postal company. Obviously the 'already shipped' was BS.

I'm running out of sellers on Ali I trust or would consider doing business with.

This is exactly reason I refuse to deal with AliExpress. Such a hassle.

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #5,908 of 33,689

@misteral201103

It's wordplay, a bit of humour - sax and violins = sex and violence

People often say there's too much sex and violence with modern TV. 

@CoiL
Thanks @Vidal - absolutely right. Sorry CoiL, it was a poor attempt at a joke, I just saw 'sax and violins' and made the connection. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #5,909 of 33,689
  Ironically, HCK was great about customer service, until they became the only really trustworthy store on head fi. Then they used that power to go back to being lazy... 

You should probably let us know what your definition of 'lazy is'. We have no clue what you are talking about.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #5,910 of 33,689
You should probably let us know what your definition of 'lazy is'. We have no clue what you are talking about.

So far I have bought no less than 20 IEMs and earbuds from Ali, and while waiting time can vary, I have yet to face any issues thus far. Perhaps I am lucky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back