Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 15, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #5,911 of 33,689
  If you're thinking that the 'banned seller' has been rehabilitated and has learnt there lesson about telling the truth you might want to consider: -

I get a snotty message back saying 'we've already shipped them'

I'm running out of sellers on Ali I trust or would consider doing business with.

I also learned that the banned seller has other accounts on Aliexpress. But I found out that account shipped super fast. I was amazed. Maybe all the other sellers are sitting on my orders? 

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #5,912 of 33,689
  You should probably let us know what your definition of 'lazy is'. We have no clue what you are talking about.

Here is my defintion of "lazy is",

Getting a tracking number a week after ordering. Waiting two more weeks. Asking what the hold up is. "Friend it is sent already, please wait". A day later it shows as accepted at the post office.

That is my definition, let me know if it requires clarification.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #5,913 of 33,689

You should probably let us know what your definition of 'lazy is'. We have no clue what you are talking about.

So far I have bought no less than 20 IEMs and earbuds from Ali, and while waiting time can vary, I have yet to face any issues thus far. Perhaps I am lucky?

No, me too. I never had any problem with ali yet, including several cancelation before their shipping.

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #5,914 of 33,689

No, me too. I never had any problem with ali yet, including several cancelation before their shipping.

For me, i've had 1 tampered parcel case which been returned by my post office back to china, 3 case of lost parcel. All dispute was in my favor though.. but the tampered parcel case was a bit of a drag and dealing with AE customer service was a bit hard at times. dispute was almost not in my favor but the seller agreed to refund. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #5,915 of 33,689
It sucks ass how most sellers on ali either offer free 60 day crap shipping or like 40 dollar budget express. When it could be 6 dollar Epacket, 7-10 days or $27 DHL 3 day delivery pretty much world wide. So they're just making money off the shipping, must be better than making a couple of bucks on an iem.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #5,916 of 33,689
  What's different on the pro version, and is it already available?

He sent me a pair of K3 PRO to try out, and so far they've seemed to be a step up! As I write some promissing commments, I can say that they've been burned in at around 60 hours.

Dark Gray tuning nozzles:
These are tuned to down-size the higher scale midrange peak (around 5 - 8,000hz) from sounding overly bright. So, you don't get much of that sometimes harsh or sibilant results that comes with the original K3 on certain genre's or songs chosen for your listening experience. In return, you get better image, resolution, and slightly bigger soundstage. Bravo!

Silver tuning nozzles:
These are tuned to be even more warmer (lowering the midrange even more at around 3 - 7,500hz), while miraculously maintaining even better hi-end treble with details and refinement. Resolution is also better than the original K3's, as well.

About the bass:
On both the Dark Gray or Silver tuned nozzles the bass sounds quite like each other, no matter which tuned nozzle you prefer to use. Which, I personally say, is a good thing! Since the new graphene drivers really sounds impressive!

So, If you just like a bright sounding signature, just get the K3's, BUT if you like your earphones a little WARMER than bright, go for the K3 PRO.
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #5,918 of 33,689
I couldn't find any online.
Very interested though, changeable filters is really a plus I think, also for cleaning purposes.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #5,920 of 33,689
He sent me a pair of K3 PRO to try out, and so far they've seemed to be a step up! As I write some promissing commments, I can say that they've been burned in at around 60 hours.

Imho, more than 80 hours to burn in makes the iem grow reflection (rich soundstage). My new k3 is around 100hours :)

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #5,921 of 33,689

Dark Gray tuning nozzles:
These are tuned to down-size the higher scale midrange peak (around 5 - 8,000hz) from sounding overly bright. So, you don't get much of that sometimes harsh or sibilant results that comes with the original K3 on certain genre's or songs chosen for your listening experience. In return, you get better image, resolution, and slightly bigger soundstage. Bravo!

Silver tuning nozzles:
These are tuned to be even more warmer (lowering the midrange even more at around 3 - 7,500hz), while miraculously maintaining even better hi-end treble with details and refinement. Resolution is also better than the original K3's, as well.

About the bass:
On both the Dark Gray or Silver tuned nozzles the bass sounds quite like each other, no matter which tuned nozzle you prefer to use. Which, I personally say, is a good thing! Since the new graphene drivers really sounds impressive!

So, If you just like a bright sounding signature, just get the K3's, BUT if you like your earphones a little WARMER than bright, go for the K3 PRO.
wink.gif

Do they seriously use graphene drivers? Can't believe that graphene is actually making it to the consumers already. That material will be able to work wonders in headphones!

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #5,924 of 33,689
That's awesome that they are starting to use that material. Of course it is possible to make bad headphones that use graphene, but the fact that graphene is making it to the consumer market is great.

Fully agreed. Just as excited as when jvc started using carbon nanotubes! Great time for headphones really. Hope we see some 50mm+ graphene

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #5,925 of 33,689
Do they seriously use graphene drivers? Can't believe that graphene is actually making it to the consumers already. That material will be able to work wonders in headphones!

Clarity of piano and guiter sound which k3 has causes that the possibility to use hard material diaphragm like graphene. my guess is k3 dynamic driver for bass and mid part, and 2BAs for treble part. bucause sound clarity changes such a crossover point in my impression of k3. The dynamic driver's clarity sound is quite good. in addition, its dynamic driver sounds also high speed response type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back