Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 16, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #5,941 of 33,689
  ROSE Mini2 is available on Penon Audio

http://penonaudio.com/Rose-Mini2-2BA-IEMs

SONION 2600 BA + Knowles 30095 BA  it was a good choice?

Unfortunately, if you look at the 2600's page you'll see that there are a lot of different versions. We don't know which one Rose used here. The 30095 is a "Ultra-small single tweeter" meaning it's acting as the treble-maker. I hope the 2600 is full-range.

I'll contact Penon eventually to see if they have a unit for review.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #5,942 of 33,689
  Speaking of headphones, my Miracle Audio D20 Open Back arrived today. Decided to be a lab rat since it looked promising.
40mm driver.

540RMB iirc.

Those look wonderful. Any link to where they were purchased? I'm just getting links to religious sites in my Google searches, lol.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #5,943 of 33,689
Imho, more than 80 hours to burn in makes the iem grow reflection (rich soundstage). My new k3 is around 100hours
smily_headphones1.gif

Yea, they do change in time. I will continue burning them 100 hours, plus.

Do they seriously use graphene drivers? Can't believe that graphene is actually making it to the consumers already. That material will be able to work wonders in headphones!

+1 .....They also provide a quick bass response, a plus when combined with BA armatures.

Speaking of headphones, my Miracle Audio D20 Open Back arrived today. Decided to be a lab rat since it looked promising.
40mm driver.

540RMB iirc.

.....I got to admit, they look sweet!

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #5,944 of 33,689
  Unfortunately, if you look at the 2600's page you'll see that there are a lot of different versions. We don't know which one Rose used here. The 30095 is a "Ultra-small single tweeter" meaning it's acting as the treble-maker. I hope the 2600 is full-range.

I'll contact Penon eventually to see if they have a unit for review.

What do you think about the chart?

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #5,945 of 33,689
  What do you think about the chart?

It's a little hard to tell, since the X-axis is hidden. My guess is this is going to be a reverse-L shaped IEM with a medium emphasis on the bass. If the X-axis is scaled evenly, then it looks like there is going to be a decent amount of sub-bass roll-off, though sub-bass is tricky to measure in real-life impact. That might have been intentional given that this IEM appears to be a deep-insertion fit (which means your bass will get more "impact" per dB).

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #5,946 of 33,689
If you're thinking that the 'banned seller' has been rehabilitated and has learnt there lesson about telling the truth you might want to consider: -

I placed orders for 5 items over a period of a few days, they were all showing as 'waiting for pick up' in the tracking. After a week of this I emailed them to ask whether they'd actually shipped. 

I get a snotty message back saying 'we've already shipped them'

Three days later still no change in status so I opened a dispute. The dispute completed immediately, you normally have to wait ages. Aliexpress awarded in my favour on the basis of evidence they got from the postal company. Obviously the 'already shipped' was BS.

I'm running out of sellers on Ali I trust or would consider doing business with.

Ordered the urbanfun from him 2 weeks ago which was 'delivered' today allegedly, but not to my work place. Could be royal mail's fault though.

It was delivered somewhere in my area though. If you see someone with bright green urbanfuns walking around Newcastle, they could be mine! GRRRR

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #5,947 of 33,689
If you have a smooth source like my Opus#1 then the K3 doesn't sound bright at all

Tips are a huge factor as well. Foam tips are great. The KZ Starlines aren't too bad either. The spiral dots are a little off on these though somehow, not sure why.

The K3 getting filters puts them a bit closer to the A4, but I still give the A4 the edge. Sell the K3 at $100-120 and that edge disappears. Sell the A4 at $150 and the same applies there.

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #5,951 of 33,689
  It's a little hard to tell, since the X-axis is hidden. My guess is this is going to be a reverse-L shaped IEM with a medium emphasis on the bass. If the X-axis is scaled evenly, then it looks like there is going to be a decent amount of sub-bass roll-off, though sub-bass is tricky to measure in real-life impact. That might have been intentional given that this IEM appears to be a deep-insertion fit (which means your bass will get more "impact" per dB).

Feb 17, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #5,953 of 33,689
Feb 17, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #5,954 of 33,689

Already a review:

http://mini.eastday.com/a/170102022619507.html

Sounds positive from what I can gather. I've still got my K4 kicking around. Will have to take it for a spin again. Hope to hear more on the N1 soon.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #5,955 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back