Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 11, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #5,748 of 33,689
It's all dependent on the tips used. I'd say if you get a good seal it has pretty solid isolation. These use the VSonic 11mm Biocellulose driver found in the GR07. It's tuned a bit differently though.

That's great to know. My current IEMs for commuting are balanced armatures only and I was worried dynamic driver IEMs might not offer the amount of isolation I'm used to.

Thanks a lot!

Feb 11, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #5,749 of 33,689
Hello guys,

Could you recommend me the best overall IEMs with microphone for iphone for about 20$? For radio, electronic, and indie-rock music. 

Reading the latest reviews on the forum... could be the URBANFUN ones?

Thank you in advance,

Regards. 

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #5,750 of 33,689
  Hello guys,

Could you recommend me the best overall IEMs with microphone for iphone for about 20$? For radio, electronic, and indie-rock music. 

Thank you in advance,

Regards. 

Well Panasonic RP-TCM 125 are really good in that price range.

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #5,751 of 33,689
  Hello guys,

Thank you in advance,

Regards. 

I think you're looking at a good all rounder, with fairly good treble. That ties in well with the Urbanfun, you might also want to consider: -

Einsear T2
Boarseman CX98
Kinera BD005
Mannhas E170 (if you can find them)
KZ ZST and ED09
LZ Z03A (they do a mic version)

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #5,752 of 33,689
Just gotten my Senzer SE610. OOTB impression is unimpressive, trying to tip roll abit to find the nice spot and will post more impressions after i sort it out / burn in.

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #5,753 of 33,689
I was wondering if anyone could help me locate a Chinese IEM that sounds the same or as close as possible to the VE Monk plus. I have fallen in love with their sound signature but I would like an iem version as oppose to earbuds. Hope someone can help.

Their sound signature are really similar. But Monk emphasize on middle but IE80's middle is touched a little by the middle bass. So if you mainly listen to vocal, IE80 would not be your best choice.
If you mainly listen to some acoustic, IE80 might be the first choice of upgrade if your like Monk's sound signature.

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #5,754 of 33,689
  That's great to know. My current IEMs for commuting are balanced armatures only and I was worried dynamic driver IEMs might not offer the amount of isolation I'm used to.

Thanks a lot!

The XE800 has a ported design, so isolation won't be as good as that of most balanced armature phones. But the trade off is not bad since isolation is still ok and you do get a wider soundstage. The XE800 also tends to sound like a ba in the high mids and treble regions. It's almost as fast but it can do proper decay and it's not as peaky.

Hello guys,

Thank you in advance,

Regards. 

You probably want something mid centric and relatively fast (indie-rock) but with good bass extension (electronic). I haven't listened to the Urbafun, but if i am not mistaken it's kind of V shaped (owners please correct me if i am wrong). You could go for a Quadbeat 3 AKG which has prominent mids and very good extension at both ends of the spectrum. Its mids are more on the liquid side, but it's fast enough for indie-rock and similar genres. You should be careful where you buy it from though since there are a lot of counterfeits floating around.

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #5,757 of 33,689
  The vivo XE800 is <$20!? I saw it on Penon Audio for $99, where did you find it for that low?

There are plenty of sellers on Aliexpress that offer the OEM version for less than 20$ but some of them are selling counterfeits. The pairs i got from Beteran store were originals though, so make of it what you will. I wouldn't recommend it for electronic though, it lacks the bass lift to be as effective as other options.

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #5,758 of 33,689
I've seen the MEMT X5 in 4 different Ali stores now. Sellers get hold of hyped items pretty fast. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #5,759 of 33,689

There are plenty of sellers on Aliexpress that offer the OEM version for less than 20$ but some of them are selling counterfeits. The pairs i got from Beteran store were originals though, so make of it what you will. I wouldn't recommend it for electronic though, it lacks the bass lift to be as effective as other options.

Oh nice! I assumed all those on Aliexpress that were very cheap were counterfeits so I paid them no mind. Now that I know there are actually originals, time to grab myself a pair then. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back