Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 10, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #5,716 of 33,689
X5 is it dark ? Sub bass ? Mid bass ?

That depends. If you choose to use single-flange "aftermarket" tips, which can make them a bit darker, but stellar bass. Or, if the medium double-flange "default" tips fits you snuggly, which you'll get that wide soundstage and frontal head stage image that I recently mentioned.

But remember, if you're using the default tips, make sure you are getting a tight or snug fit with them, or you won't get the sound experience stated above.

Finally, the 6mm micro-drivers in the X5 are a force to be reckoned with! So, if you have many ear tips at your deposal, it doesn't hurt to experiment for your own personal preference.
wink.gif

I have confirmed MaGaosi k3 is updated.

the current version can be available to exchange filter on k3's nozzle. its filters are two types: dumped and undumped.
the tuning of its signature modified silghtly to reduct sibilant, according to a seller on Japanese amazon.
I found the difference between the early version and the current. and then I told the seller about it.

Yup, MaGaosi also informed me of these changes this week. Good to know!
etysmile.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #5,717 of 33,689
I was wondering if anyone could help me locate a Chinese IEM that sounds the same or as close as possible to the VE Monk plus. I have fallen in love with their sound signature but I would like an iem version as oppose to earbuds. Hope someone can help.

I'd recommend the Vivo XE800, I own both the VE Monks and these. Both are pretty neutral in fr response. I'd say the XE800 has better imaging, separation, bass response and pretty much everything else.

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #5,718 of 33,689
The UiiSii Hi-905  :smile:

Thanks for your efforts.....I hope you all enjoy what I'm enjoying! :ksc75smile:

Quote: No, thank you man. You are the one that brought these to our attention. You haven't steered me wrong yet. Mine are ordered.

They kind of remind me of the Hifiman RE 300, but with way more solid housing and wires!

The sound signature on the M2's is natural, rich, with life-like vocals with good solid bass and overall clarity, but the X5 takes it up a notch! With faster and tighter bass response, overall MID clarity, and a nice touch of micro-details, due to the nicely tuned 6mm micro-drivers. Soundstage on both are big and wide, but the X5 gives you just as much excellent frontal/head stage, which gives it that clear advantage.

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #5,719 of 33,689
  Simgot EN700 Bass impressions: 

Sound Signature:
    -Gentle U-shaped, natural, balanced, a tasteful splash of extra bass
    -Bass mid-to-sub-bass ratio is very good. Bass is present, relatively impactful, but still shaped well
    -Mids are (compared to the original EN700) warmer and easier on the ears. Mids are slightly more clear and have a more natural decay.
    -Treble is toned back a tiny bit, with a peaks that are much kinder to the ears.

Overall, I'm very impressed so far with how well Simgot came back from the original EN700, which in my mid, was a pretty average IEM. What we have here is a great example of how to solicit feedback from the community and implement it.

Such a beauty! 

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #5,725 of 33,689
Has anyone tried the Moondrop Nocturne? Looks pretty interesting :)

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #5,726 of 33,689
Welp, I have placed my order for my Sendiy M1221 JUST before the MEMT X5 come to Aliexpress....lol
Still, how is your m1221 now, 1clearhead? Most reviews I see indicates that the M1221 ages quite nicely, and you are one of the first buyers of it. Compare to when you first get it, which part has changed the most through burn-in? Is the stock tips any good?
Thanks in advance!

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #5,727 of 33,689
Hi guys. (Finally!) I made a review of my cheapo custom hybrid earphones. You can read it here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/hisenior-custom-hybrid-iem-1-1/reviews/18002 . I'm not a native speaker, so I hope there's not a lot of grammar nazis around here
normal_smile .gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #5,728 of 33,689
I'd recommend the Vivo XE800, I own both the VE Monks and these. Both are pretty neutral in fr response. I'd say the XE800 has better imaging, separation, bass response and pretty much everything else.

Thank you for your recommendation. I will look into them and give them a try. If anyone else has any other ideas for iems close to the ve monk+, i would still appreciate their feedback back. :)

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #5,729 of 33,689
Simgot EN700 Bass impressions: 

Sound Signature:

-Gentle U-shaped, natural, balanced, a tasteful splash of extra bass

-Bass mid-to-sub-bass ratio is very good. Bass is present, relatively impactful, but still shaped well

-Mids are (compared to the original EN700) warmer and easier on the ears. Mids are slightly more clear and have a more natural decay.

-Treble is toned back a tiny bit, with a peaks that are much kinder to the ears.

Overall, I'm very impressed so far with how well Simgot came back from the original EN700, which in my mid, was a pretty average IEM. What we have here is a great example of how to solicit feedback from the community and implement it.

Whizer A15 impressions to come soon.

Any impression of Whizer A15?

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #5,730 of 33,689
I was wondering if anyone could help me locate a Chinese IEM that sounds the same or as close as possible to the VE Monk plus. I have fallen in love with their sound signature but I would like an iem version as oppose to earbuds. Hope someone can help.

I have the Monk and the only IEM that comes to mind that is similar is the senn ie8 / ie80.
Check out some reviews of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back