Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 4, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #5,526 of 33,689
wink.gif
I can give you a quick one on that. SWIII by a ways, if you happen to have one of the originals. There is some contention that the newer ones have changed somewhat. There is STILL is nothing currently in that >$200 --- <$250 price niche that comes close. Granted, I haven't heard everything, no one else has either I believe. The only problem is that the SWIII is NOT a relaxed listen as I have said from the Outset. Too much Audio information and it would be described as a fairly Bright signature over all. If you want to sit down and listen for 4-5 hours or so, It would be the Magaosi K3 over the SWIII.

It simply depends on if you want Clinical Precision with the Widest sound stage imaginable, or a Little Darker with Vocal Mids (particularly female) that are simply Stellar. Before you ask, Yes. The vocals on all the Magaosi simply slaughter most IEMs out there. It seems to be their "House signature" It is the Same for the K1 and little brother M3. I have all of the IEMs mentioned.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Please can you explain bit in details what they made changes in newer version/batch of SW3 and which version is better , new or the old one,?
and how you describe the vocals on SW3, ???

Actually no I can't as I don't own the newer version of the SWIII. Apparently, according to the Shockwave thread, the newer version has some sibilance issues that the older version is devoid of. The vocals are quite good but overall the mids are slightly recessed.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #5,530 of 33,689
Just received my Vivo XE800 and KZ ZST a few days ago. Initial impressions are that the ZSTs are very, very impressive for the price. The XE800s... Not so much.

Theyre as detailed as everyone says, but to my ears the bass is so lacking that it outweighs its strengths. Highs are decent, but unremarkable. And the soundstage doesn't quite match up to the ZSTs either.

Overall, they're not a bad choice for detailed listeners, but I feel the ZSTs are the runaway winner in this price range.

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #5,531 of 33,689
Just received my Vivo XE800 and KZ ZST a few days ago. Initial impressions are that the ZSTs are very, very impressive for the price. The XE800s... Not so much.

Theyre as detailed as everyone says, but to my ears the bass is so lacking that it outweighs its strengths. Highs are decent, but unremarkable. And the soundstage doesn't quite match up to the ZSTs either.

Overall, they're not a bad choice for detailed listeners, but I feel the ZSTs are the runaway winner in this price range.

If you want strong & superb bass & crystal clear clarity & detail in all frequencies & big soundstage for even less money you can get the HTC RC E295 (M8/9 version, MPN: 39H00021-00M). I only paid £4 for it on ebay and it's my current favorite using Nokia WH-208 wide bore rubber tips with it. :wink:

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #5,532 of 33,689
If you want strong & superb bass & crystal clear clarity & detail in all frequencies & big soundstage for even less money you can get the HTC RC E295 (M8/9 version, MPN: 39H00021-00M). I only paid £4 for it on ebay and it's my current favorite using Nokia WH-208 wide bore rubber tips with it. :wink:

Lol are you serious? Maybe for $10 and under its good. I couldn't stand them with my M8

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #5,534 of 33,689
About the only thing the stock ones that came with my HTC M8 were good at was shredding my ears thanks to their sharp edges. So glad that my various pairs of KZ IEM's (and now the Tennmak Pro's) had a much better design to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back