Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 12, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #4,111 of 33,689
Were you a part of the first batch at the beginning of last month? They stopped selling them initially because of quality issues in that batch.

Why throw away though? I'm sure you could have easily gotten a replacement.

Spent way too much time fixing the problem in various ways and when all failed, contacted the seller and they asked me to send the pair back to them from US to China and pay the postage myself. Just didn't want to waste time dealing with this.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #4,112 of 33,689
Spent way too much time fixing the problem in various ways and when all failed, contacted the seller and they asked me to send the pair back to them from US to China and pay the postage myself. Just didn't want to waste time dealing with this.

Woa. I wanted to buy from a local seller but he has no warranty coverage too.

I'm scared that the same thing will happen to me

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #4,113 of 33,689
Is penon audio a good seller?

Might pull the trigger on the cayin i5

Penon a good seller, I just got a good deal on the LZ A4 earphones.
One suggestion, before you place your order - Contact them, either on AliExpress or on their website, and ask if they're offering any Specials or Discounts for Head-Fi Forum Members. It could save you some money on the products, or on the faster shipping options.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #4,114 of 33,689
I have the M1, sound is decent but the U.I lets it down in my opinion. It's not a touchscreen and one hand operation is really almost impossible.
Sounds like a decent smartphone or something like a Sansa Fuze+ or Clip+. Also don't get me started on the scroll wheel of the M1.
My Fiio X5 has a better DAC and amp section and then my LH V2+ has a better DAC than the Fiio. Unless you are using IEMS that are super revealing
or need massive amounts of power you'll probably not notice the difference unless youre doing critical listening with those iems, which I doubt anyone is.
Corksniff!!!

I'll be using budget iems like kz zst , ec1 and maybe the dt2 + . Do u think it will improve the sound quality? If not I'm not gonna buy cuz I'm kinda on a budget.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #4,115 of 33,689
I received my Xiaomi Pro HD today and it was so good even without burn-in OOTB. Bass was good, tight and fast, just lacking in quantity for me to bring life back to my playlist so i did the suggested mod by Hifichris and now I'm happy tapping my feet listening to my playlist full of kpop and edm. It is definitely the best of all Xiaomi's headphones i've heard, much better than its predecessor which sounds muddy. It's somewhat W shaped sound signature, treble is crisp and clear without being harsh. Midrange is quite forward unlike the DT2+ which i've been with few days back and it sounds good with female vocals. Bass without mod sounds light but is tight and well controlled. After the bass mod, you'll notice increased in bass quantity but remains tight and other frequencies are not affected as well.

Just early impressions but its already very excellent for its price which makes me wonder why it's not talked about more over here. It's cheaper than DT2+ but IMO it's better.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #4,116 of 33,689
I'll be using budget iems like kz zst , ec1 and maybe the dt2 + . Do u think it will improve the sound quality? If not I'm not gonna buy cuz I'm kinda on a budget.

I love the design of the M1 and it sounds natural albeit not super refined to my ears. At $100 it's a very solid offering imo. It will of course not outperform devices costing 3-5 times as much but still very solid for its price. That being said I'd rather buy a $100 iem than a DAP at the same price for a $30 iem. As always ymmw......

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #4,117 of 33,689
I received my Xiaomi Pro HD today and it was so good even without burn-in OOTB. Bass was good, tight and fast, just lacking in quantity for me to bring life back to my playlist so i did the suggested mod by Hifichris and now I'm happy tapping my feet listening to my playlist full of kpop and edm. It is definitely the best of all Xiaomi's headphones i've heard, much better than its predecessor which sounds muddy. It's somewhat W shaped sound signature, treble is crisp and clear without being harsh. Midrange is quite forward unlike the DT2+ which i've been with few days back and it sounds good with female vocals. Bass without mod sounds light but is tight and well controlled. After the bass mod, you'll notice increased in bass quantity but remains tight and other frequencies are not affected as well.

Just early impressions but its already very excellent for its price which makes me wonder why it's not talked about more over here. It's cheaper than DT2+ but IMO it's better.

What did You do to mod the bass?

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #4,118 of 33,689
What did You do to mod the bass?

It was just some simple tape mod to cover the vent hole just beside the nozzle. You can refer HifiChris review for some details. I ended up using a small round shape tape that's usually used in earphone DIY instead of normal cellophane tape as i believe it still allow some air to pass which is better after i've tried the cello tape. The more you cover the more bass you'll have i think
Here's his review.

(Let's hope the Google translator got the next phrase right:)

这是我对的评价 Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD: http://www.head-fi.org/products/xiaomi-mi-hybrid-pro-hd/reviews/17549

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #4,119 of 33,689
Hi this is my first post in this forum so please be carefull with me, if this is the wrong thread for my question.

I am using a Brainwavz R1 as my daily driver for over 3 years now, but it seems like the cable on the left side is going to break. I really like the the sound of the R1 mostly the massive bass and he relatively good sound stage. Since they are not getting produced anymore I'm in search for something new which costs not more than 80$.I hope you can give me some suggestions.

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #4,120 of 33,689
Hi this is my first post in this forum so please be carefull with me, if this is the wrong thread for my question.

I am using a Brainwavz R1 as my daily driver for over 3 years now, but it seems like the cable on the left side is going to break. I really like the the sound of the R1 mostly the massive bass and he relatively good sound stage. Since they are not getting produced anymore I'm in search for something new which costs not more than 80$.I hope you can give me some suggestions.

2016 Fever Level Arriva CKS1100 HIFI In-ear Earbud Sound Isolating Legendary Performance Headsets With Enhanced Bass Earphone
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32709462643/32709462643.html
(from AliExpress Android)

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #4,121 of 33,689

There's lots to choose from for less than half that price, the ones with good bass: -

* BK50
* **** 4in1
* Tennmak Banjo
* Xiaomi HD Pro (see comments about bass/vent)

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #4,123 of 33,689
Originally Posted by Hainnes 

Quote:

There's lots to choose from for less than half that price, the ones with good bass: -

* BK50
* **** 4in1
* Tennmak Banjo
* Xiaomi HD Pro (see comments about bass/vent)

in addition to the above recs, at the top of your budget the musicmaker tk12 would fit your criteria

Dec 13, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #4,124 of 33,689
Thanks for the wonderful thread. I've been reading it - although it's too long to read and understand all (one has to jump back and forth to Aliexpress.com and back).

I'm looking for:

- deep inserting IEM with maximum isolation (no iphone style buds or shallow inserting big-housing IEMs)
 - non-metal housing (live above arctic circle and can tell you that inserting metal into your ear at -22F/-30C) is no fun
 - has a decent inline microphone
 - below 40USD (this is a daily phone use IEM, I already have several hundred dollar multi-driver IEM headphones w/o mic, so don't need a competitor for those)
 - no bassport and otherwise non-sound leaking
 - good bass response (deep, not flabby, takes EQing bass up well, without distorting)
 - ideally compatible with comply foams (for better isolation)

I've already tried Joyroom JRE-109 (metal housing, shallow to medium insert, smallest silicone buds are way too big) and Rock Nano Zircon (finicky with insertion, not enough isolation, not deep enough insertion).

Any experiences what to try, what not to buy?

BTW, it's difficult to search this thread, because many manufacturers and models are 2-3 letter names, which are unsearchable.

I'm now looking at:

KZ ZST (balanced armature + dynamic, plastic, no bass port, semi-deep inserting?) $20
Moxpad X6 (dynamic driver, may have a tiny bassport, but directed towards head, perhaps a little leakage, resin mold) $18
QKZ DM800 (looks like single dynamic driver) $18
KZ ZS3 (may not be very deep inserting, 2016 version looks like non-metal housing?) $18-$25

And already ruled out:

SWING EC1 (aluminium, has bass-ports)
KZ ZS1/ ZS2 (bass ports, leaks sound)
KZ ATE S (bass port, leaks sound)
KZ ZN1 (again, big leaky bass ports)
Arriva CKS990 (looks like a cheap sony knock off with identical moulding, I have the sony's and they are shallow inserting)

Any comments are welcome, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back