Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 21, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #3,316 of 33,689

Well my personal best so far is the ZST w/Silver ZST cable for $23 (just make sure you put the cables on right, IMO it's going to be hard to beat this $23 hybrid
wink_face.gif

Hi Pod would you mind elaborating on what you mean put cable son right? I was a bit underwhelmed by my ZST's and did buy the silver cable so maybe I did this but it would seem since the connector is angled they fit only one way but could be wrong and could be the whole problem. I'd love to give these another try over the long weekend.  

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #3,317 of 33,689

But you're not saying what you've used so far or what you're preference is, I wouldn't say that combination is better than ZS3.

My top 5 earphones to date: -

* Ty HiZ G3
* 4in1 when used with specific DAC/Amp
* Urbanfun
* 1 More Triple
* Tingo IE800 =  Mannhas C190 = KZ ZS3 (can't really split these in terms of preference)

So the ZS3 is about $8 currently, which make me want to hit the buy button so bad, but the ZST is also discounted to about $12 on gearbest.
My preference would be vocal and instrumental music so it should be balanced but not to weak on bass.
And where would the KZ ATR ($5 right now) fits between those two mention in your opinion?

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #3,318 of 33,689
ZST isn't as good as the ZS3 for my preference, which is similar to yours. 

I don't like the ATR as much for fitment reason, it's a great earphone for the money though. ZS3 is probably the best earphone I've tried for isolation

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #3,320 of 33,689
  ZST isn't as good as the ZS3 for my preference, which is similar to yours. 

I don't like the ATR as much for fitment reason, it's a great earphone for the money though. ZS3 is probably the best earphone I've tried for isolation

I agree with you on the fitting issue of the ATR, kind of remind me of the highly praised Monoprice 9927. My ears are quite small so this maybe a huge turn off for me.
I hate it when I have so many options to choose, really hard to decide.

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #3,321 of 33,689
  Hi Pod would you mind elaborating on what you mean put cable son right? I was a bit underwhelmed by my ZST's and did buy the silver cable so maybe I did this but it would seem since the connector is angled they fit only one way but could be wrong and could be the whole problem. I'd love to give these another try over the long weekend.  

Yeah Bob, I kept reading about those that were not finding the ZST to sound right then saw many were hooking the cable up wrong and once reversed they stated they were a marked improvement. To test that myself (because mine sounded pretty good when I put the silver cable on I reversed them and sure enough they sounded like they had a polarity problem)! Switched them back and you immediately hear the difference.

Vidal, I'm sure we have a different signature we prefer the G3 is a bass cannon to my ears and I've not found the G3 under $25 yet either? I do agree with you on the ATR (really any of KZ's AT lineup from the original ATE) the fit for my ears and head has never been comfortable, don't think I ever got the right seal because of their shape
frown.gif

I also like my ZS3 and purchased the silver ZS3 cable but unfortunately they don't lock in and I had to super glue mine on but to me these are expendable iem's anyway so I'm OK with visible super glue on them and if they die it won't be the end of the world
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #3,323 of 33,689
My Crazy Cellos arrived today - Out of the box I am very impressed. The attached tip made it sound fizzy and bass-less - I put a random tip on from my tip box and a complete reversal !! Deep bass, rich mids. Im really looking forward to hearing these after a good burn in period. I hate to use the term but 'for the money' they are very very good. Really looking forward to get to know them and explore all they can deliver for a future review :)
PS@ soundstage is wonderfully large, wide and detailed

They are stupidly tip sensitive and they definitely improve with burn in.

Love'em!

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #3,324 of 33,689
  The confusion is still exists ,  
can somebody ( third person)  confirm that M1221 really carries a different DD+2BA/tuning against MaGaosi K1,,??? 

Yea, true! I tried to get MaGaosi to send me the K1, but instead, he sent me the M3's.
frown.gif
  .....So, I can't compare them, since I don't carry them.

Oh man... why did You have to wrote it all -.- I`m so interested in it! But I promised to not buy anymore cheapo chinese IEM`s! ...well, this isn`t so cheap though, so, I can buy it? 
biggrin.gif

Actually, I wonder if it`s possible to order one without cable and get it cheaper? I have 2 silver plated OFC MMCX cables (0.7 Ohm and 1.2 Ohm), so I do not need another cable (will get real low impedance pure silver maybe too).

These are definitely worth every penny.....

Believe me, it's ironic if I can say that they have a similar sound signature to the ATR's (with the Silver tuning nozzles), but in a more professional higher level, since it's a hybrid! These are totally astonishing! I couldn't say it any better than the review I wrote. Not kidding!

PS. I can contact SENDIY and see if he can offer them through Aliexpress without wires......crossing-fingers!
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #3,325 of 33,689
i shared some pictures of the crystal ZST in KZ thread, here they are for ref;

https://flic.kr/p/P8GuZr

https://flic.kr/p/PiMh7r

https://flic.kr/p/PfC3MC

hope that's close enough! i got yellow light in the room, so i can't get proper colors, sorry about that.

also would like to check, how do you fit the cables on the "right" way? i looked at mine, and i think i did them right? them being over the ears, there's only 1 way to fit it? i DO want to check regarding left and right though, is there a stark difference?

and i agree, zs3, sounds quite a bit better then the ZST, if you ask me. and my zs3 aren't even burnt in properly yet. i still do love the ZST. i just need to find the right sized tips and they might just be perfect. as of now, i tried them with spinfit, and some comply tips. i like them better with foam tips but the comply ones seem a tad loose, and with the spinfits, i can't actually get a proper seal. don't understand why.

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #3,327 of 33,689
Hi everybody, my Xiaomi Hybrid died last week and i'm looking for a new iem to try. I didn't really like the Hybrid's sound signature as it was too bass-heavy for me and the treble were muddy. I think they're quite v-shaped? I was also annoyed with them because the eartips would fall off really often.
Anyway, i'm looking for more balanced/flat/neutral iems this time and i'm sure you can help me out. Budget is €30, but if it's really worth it i can justify €40 :p These will be used as a daily driver in my commute time. The volume/mic thingy is a must for me. I've seen some interesting units in this thread, like the Superlux, the new Hybrid Pro (i don't know about their sound signature tho) and the DT2+ also caught my attention (ofc when the qc issues are over), but i'm really counting on you guys' opinions :) Thanks in advance

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #3,328 of 33,689

My Crazy Cellos arrived today - Out of the box I am very impressed. The attached tip made it sound fizzy and bass-less - I put a random tip on from my tip box and a complete reversal !! Deep bass, rich mids. Im really looking forward to hearing these after a good burn in period. I hate to use the term but 'for the money' they are very very good. Really looking forward to get to know them and explore all they can deliver for a future review :)
PS@ soundstage is wonderfully large, wide and detailed

A new hype train? Can't wait to get mine 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #3,330 of 33,689
A new hype train? Can't wait to get mine :bigsmile_face:

It's only take one week for the item to reach my country, yet it has been another 2weeks the item was in my local postal office and they haven't deliver the item. I cannot pick the item since they haven't sort the item yet and they mix all package in their warehouse. It's been 3 weeks since the delivery date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back