Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 22, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #3,347 of 33,689
  ATH CKS1100....

So, the last couple of days I've got a bunch of new IEM's in. Initial thoughts on the ones relevant for this threas are as follow:

The Light (~$40):
5mm microdriver. Super small, extremely comfortable, harder than average to drive.

Sound is very nice, smooth and soft while still maintaing a good amunt of details. Bass hits harder than expected with very little bleed into the midrange.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-AK-Light-In-Ear-Earphone-5mm-Mini-Dynamic-Noise-Cancelling-Sleep-Headset-With-Sleeping-Earplugs/32752459434.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.WxcQKW

Moni One (~$99):
Hybrid, 1DD+2BA. Detachable cables, great fit, pretty wide nozzle but long enough to still fitr safely in my narrow ear canals. Pretty easy to drive. 

Sound is very high quality with great resolution and speed. A bit on the bright side without going overboard. Pretty well balanced and less recessed midrang, less mid bass bleed and less harsh treble compared to another popular IEM in here. Very very good for the money.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Newest-Moni-one-Hybrid-In-Ear-Earphone-2BA-with-1DD-HIFI-Bass-Metal-In-Ear-Headset/119089_32754751166.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.0.XoGUG1

LZ A4 (~$195):
Hybrid, 1DD+2BA. Detachable cables, 18(!) different filter combinations. Extremely comfortable to wear both over the ears and straight down. Easy to drive.

WOW, just WOW! These are seriously impressing so far. Very wide soundstage and amazing amount of air betweeen instruments. Smooth and yet detailed, great resolution without ever feeling harsh or fatiguing. Amazing bass reproduction, amount depends on the filters in use. I still got a lot of different filter combinations to test but I already feel that these belong up with the my abslolute best IEM's.

http://penonaudio.com/LZ-A4

The LZ A4 does already have an dedicated thread for those who might be interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812329/lz-a4-impressions-and-discussion-thread

All three of these are really great offerings for their respective price (and beyond) and I intend to publish full reviews of them all within a couple of weeks. 

Edit:
I've been listening to a wide variaty of music through the Shanling M1 and Opus #1 DAP's. 

Hello, why do you buy so many IEMs? And which city do you live in Norway?

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #3,348 of 33,689

Hello, why do you buy so many IEMs? And which city do you live in Norway?

Are you my wife? 
biggrin.gif

JK, good question though. First of all I love IEM's (and pretty much everything else related to Head-Fi), secondly I'm lucky enough to get (or loan) a lot of stuff in exchange for reviewing it in addition to all the things that I actually buy myself. Some of my friends buy a bottle of wine for NOK 500 every weekend and enjoy the experience it gives them, I prefer to buy Head-Fi related stuff and enjoy the experience that gives me. It's a hobby and as far as I'm concern most hobbies cost money 
wink_face.gif

I live in Lillestrøm but when I first moved to Norway 20 years ago I actually lived in Bergen 
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #3,349 of 33,689

LZ A4 (~$195):
Hybrid, 1DD+2BA. Detachable cables, 18(!) different filter combinations. Extremely comfortable to wear both over the ears and straight down. Easy to drive.

WOW, just WOW! These are seriously impressing so far. Very wide soundstage and amazing amount of air betweeen instruments. Smooth and yet detailed, great resolution without ever feeling harsh or fatiguing. Amazing bass reproduction, amount depends on the filters in use. I still got a lot of different filter combinations to test but I already feel that these belong up with the my abslolute best IEM'

Peter please take pity on my wallet ,  you make me crazy to have these babies ,,,,,, 

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #3,351 of 33,689
  Peter please take pity on my wallet ,  you make me crazy to have these babies ,,,,,, 

Fair enough: you don't need them maybe just a little bit 
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #3,353 of 33,689
  Fair enough: you don't need them maybe just a little bit 
beerchug.gif

I keep telling myself the same thing.  Ordered the Moni One, MaGaosi K1, Crazy Cello, and Trinity Vyrus.  I got the TK12 after my Hifiman RE600 stopped working to hold me over until I received my Trinity PM6.  There are just too many good products coming out.

Nov 22, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #3,354 of 33,689
Looking for a headphone DAC about the same sq as the dragonfly red or meridian explorer2 , but at a lower price. Any suggestions?
a
Encore mDSD

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #3,356 of 33,689

I keep telling myself the same thing.  Ordered the Moni One, MaGaosi K1, Crazy Cello, and Trinity Vyrus.  I got the TK12 after my Hifiman RE600 stopped working to hold me over until I received my Trinity PM6.  There are just too many good products coming out.

Have you received your PM6,???

Not yet.  They're still in production.  I can't wait to get them because I'm pretty sure I can stop buying these cheaper hybrids.

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #3,359 of 33,689
Unfortunately I had missed the discounted price but now after reading some impressions from PM4 owner i think I had made a mistake . 

We should find out pretty soon how the PM4 compares to the A4, Moni etc :wink:

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #3,360 of 33,689

Have you received your PM6,???

Not yet.  They're still in production.  I can't wait to get them because I'm pretty sure I can stop buying these cheaper hybrids.

Actually they aren't even in production, they are waiting on drivers for them to even start. Bob hopes for end of the year, I'm thinking won't be til January at the earliest. My TV Techne will be here tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back