Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 22, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #3,361 of 33,689
We should find out pretty soon how the PM4 compares to the A4, Moni etc
wink.gif

I think one thing is clear now that A4 is much better than Moni One , K1 and that " unmentionable " iem,
am i right , ??? .

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #3,362 of 33,689
We should find out pretty soon how the PM4 compares to the A4, Moni etc
wink.gif

I think one thing is clear now that A4 is much better than Moni One , K1 and that " unmentionable " iem,
am i right , ??? .

Im sure Peter will reply in more detail but from what he told me, the Moni and A4 perform closer than the price would suggest

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #3,365 of 33,689
Im sure Peter will reply in more detail but from what he told me, the Moni and A4 perform closer than the price would suggest

Let's see whats Peter say and if it is true i think it is better i hold my fingers ,,,

Is the A4 twice as good as the Moni? Imo no. Is it a solid step up from the Moni? Imo yes. I hope that make things more clear :wink:

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #3,367 of 33,689
Ok, so 3 weeks ago got some extra cash, decided to feed my ears. Ordered Urbanfun and MaGaosi K1 (no logo on shell) + upgraded silver cable from HotFi and **** 4in1 and KZ ED9 (to have more filters for K1) from AK Audio Store.

So far I have received package from NiceHCK, 14 days to Ireland- impressive. OOTB I like K1s very much. No burn-in so far (I was so eager to get them that I went to my office to pick up package on my day off and ripped it open just outside), silver filters with SpiralDots.

Quite bright to my ears but not treble-hot (just on border). Plenty of details, actually it makes my ADHD afflicted brain to sink in completely into music 
L3000.gif
. Some sparkle found, I expected bit more bass slam, but it might come with burn-in.
I have owned 4 pairs of hybrid earphones so far (now I'm on 6, waiting on 7th).
I always missed and regret selling DN-1000K and I'm looking for this kind of sound. K1 has similar sparkle, but less bass - this is just based on 2 tips and 1 filter and 2 hours listen session.
Still need to test other 2 filters and see if ED9 filters will fit once received.

Urbanfun is exactly what I expected (again - this is OOTB-no-burn-in), I mean positively-expected. Nice amount of detail, quite balanced. Very good earphones for 19.50$, I'll probably leave it as secondary pair depending how they compare to 4in1.

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #3,368 of 33,689
  Any news from HCK concerning DT2+?

Jim is saying that only a small number were affected and in order to get any sort of refund I'll have to pay to ship it back to him, Once he gets it, he'll refund me, but I will have to wait and hope that **** reimburses me for the shipping. Considering shipping it back is 50% of the cost of the IEM in the first place, i'm not willing to throw good money after bad and I'm just going to have to eat it. 

I understand its not his fault **** QC failed and I ended up with blown drivers and a nozzle screen that shreds up tips. But considering there are known QC issues, I was hoping for more.

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,369 of 33,689
Jim is saying that only a small number were affected and in order to get any sort of refund I'll have to pay to ship it back to him, Once he gets it, he'll refund me, but I will have to wait and hope that **** reimburses me for the shipping. Considering shipping it back is 50% of the cost of the IEM in the first place, i'm not willing to throw good money after bad and I'm just going to have to eat it. 

I understand its not his fault **** QC failed and I ended up with blown drivers and a nozzle screen that shreds up tips. But considering there are known QC issues, I was hoping for more.

Im still surprised people do business with Jim. The other store may have went about things wrong with promotion but CS has been perfect. Even when I didn't like the tuning of an IEM he accepted the return, sent me a new one once proof was shown via pic I sent it and he added a cable as reimbursement for the shipping

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,370 of 33,689

So what was the issue that made them to get it back of stock?

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #3,372 of 33,689
I have pulled the trigger on some DZ8 (8 ba per side), Gleam Handwork Design Iems, because I'm so impressed with the DZ9 (8 +1).
I'll let you guys know in 2 weeks when I get them.

Skullman takes another one for the team!

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #3,374 of 33,689
Im still surprised people do business with Jim. The other store may have went about things wrong with promotion but CS has been perfect. Even when I didn't like the tuning of an IEM he accepted the return, sent me a new one once proof was shown via pic I sent it and he added a cable as reimbursement for the shipping

You an me both, the tracking number issues and flea market CS policies have forced me back to another seller for most things. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back