Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 14, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #3,016 of 33,689
Personally, what is the best KZ ear? Preferably cable detached.

There is no best one, since different people prefer different sound signatures. However, if detachable cables are important to you then the ZS3 seems to be the one that gets more good reviews.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the first word

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #3,018 of 33,689
Hi all this is the official explanation from **** on their DT2+

I do not have a very good command of chinese but from what i read, the main points (stand corrected);

1. QC failed at 1 of the drivers.. or rather no QC was performed before they shipped out.
2. Warranty for these sets are for 2 years
3. Customers who have already bought the DT2+ can ask for a refund including shipping charges to be bear by the company.
4. **** apologies.

Well shiat happens, just look at Samsung Note 7 LOL.. but still at this point of time no one in their sane mind should continue buying this until they fix this and send out the new batch.

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #3,020 of 33,689
After more time with the DT2+, I'm convinced I could have a genuine one. I'm thinking the mids are handled by the Knowles driver and the highs by the Chinese. Highs are pretty crisp but the star of the show are the mids. Also, the bass growls like crazy and is very textured. I'm really enjoying this sound signature after being use to more V-shaped sounds in 3+ years. Lots of sub-bass, but it could be because I'm not use to it.

Growling bass... I think I'm going to have to pick up a pair of those once the quality control issues are resolved. Your description has me rather curious about them to say the least...

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #3,021 of 33,689

After more time with the DT2+, I'm convinced I could have a genuine one. I'm thinking the mids are handled by the Knowles driver and the highs by the Chinese. Highs are pretty crisp but the star of the show are the mids. Also, the bass growls like crazy and is very textured. I'm really enjoying this sound signature after being use to more V-shaped sounds in 3+ years. Lots of sub-bass, but it could be because I'm not use to it.

Growling bass... I think I'm going to have to pick up a pair of those once the quality control issues are resolved. Your description has me rather curious about them to say the least...

Haha well like I said, I'm not use to so much bass. It could be possible that's a normal amount in a colored set and I'm just too used to a slightly below neutral bass. Funnily enough, I'm a bass player in a band but I prefer for my iem sound to have neutral or less bass/midbass. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3,024 of 33,689
Received the Magaosi K1... Out of the box they are marvelous. I'm using them with comply tips, Fiio X7+am3 module and balanced cable.

I'm using the default filter and listening to Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah, I'm shivering and getting goosebumps. Soundstage is sweeet and separation is among the best I've ever heard. I'm gonna have to try to A-B them against the DQSM D2, which I absolutely love, to see which ones will be my king of the hill...

Got a feeling these can be the best iem ive ever had...

Write some impressions about the sound of both in comparison please. Thanks!

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #3,025 of 33,689

Haha well like I said, I'm not use to so much bass. It could be possible that's a normal amount in a colored set and I'm just too used to a slightly below neutral bass. Funnily enough, I'm a bass player in a band but I prefer for my iem sound to have neutral or less bass/midbass. 

I honestly have no idea what I prefer in an IEM...  Yet.  Probably why I've ordered in five different ones to try out various fits and approaches ^_^;;;  But just reading the words "growling bass" made me go "yup, I'm going to have to buy a sixth one sooner or later" just because of that description.  That and the five I ordered were pretty much all over/around ear for how they're worn, and that **** DT2+ is an IEM I ~almost~ pulled the pin on and ordered during the 11.11 sale..

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #3,026 of 33,689

I honestly have no idea what I prefer in an IEM...  Yet.  Probably why I've ordered in five different ones to try out various fits and approaches ^_^;;;  But just reading the words "growling bass" made me go "yup, I'm going to have to buy a sixth one sooner or later" just because of that description.  That and the five I ordered were pretty much all over/around ear for how they're worn, and that **** DT2+ is an IEM I ~almost~ pulled the pin on and ordered during the 11.11 sale..

Hopefully I don't misguide you lol! I bought a bunch of sets too to see what I'd prefer. Definitely V-shaped is a no go for me. I need them mids. Or else things start sounding "tin-can" like to me.

Also received the Tingo cable ad for ~7 its really nice! Cables feel thin, but it's because they don't have the plastic tubing like on other cables. I think it looks nice. Doesn't sound any different to other cables.

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #3,028 of 33,689
  Today I received my silver and cooper mix upgrade cable ,  it is a excellent quality cable and also looks very beautiful . 

Where is this cable from?

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #3,029 of 33,689

Just got the xiaomi hybrid pro! Thr package is slightly more premium than the previous versions of hybrid/pistons.

I am afraid I might deliever false hype as I got them less than 12 hours ago, so I will avoid leaving any impressions. Let's just say they sound really good out of the box and the sound stage is quite massive.

The hybrid pro also does not fall short when compared with the 1more triple driver. The 1more does feel slightly more premium because of the kevlar cable, but they are also four times more expensive. The sound signature is different in both, probably due to the different specs of each IEM - 1more is dual BA plus dynamic, whereas xiaomi hybird pro is dual dynamic plus a single BA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back