Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 8, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #2,596 of 33,689
Hi guys!
I am going to upgrade my KZ ATE on 11/11.
I am thinking of buying the **** DT2+. My bugdet is arround 30$.
Any more sugestions?

Tennmak Pro with the bass port mod

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #2,598 of 33,689
it makes more or less bass on the pros?

It cuts down the mid bass bloat. Just simply poke a hole in the glue of the outside port. Crab told me about the mod the other day and it really does help, though I did enjoy them already

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #2,599 of 33,689
It cuts down the mid bass bloat. Just simply poke a hole in the glue of the outside port. Crab told me about the mod the other day and it really does help, though I did enjoy them already
What did you use to poke a hole? Do you have pics of your modded pros showing where exactly you modded them?

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #2,600 of 33,689
||  TFZ Balance 2M  ||​
========================​
Unboxing and Initial Impressions

Hey everyone! today I have the pleasure of talking about the newly released TFZ Balance 2M, a big thank you to TFZ for making it happen! I received them today and these are my very early impressions, so please take them as such. YMMV and I reserve the right to change my opinion as time goes on.

Their previously released Series 1, 3, and 5 series garnered attention for their ergonomic shells and tuning that was geared towards modern music. This was followed up by the Series 1S, 3S and 5S and they are working to release the Series 7 in time for December, suffice to say TFZ has not been sitting on their laurels. Always good to see companies trying new things!

Anyways lets get down to business!

Quote: TFZ
BALANCE 2/2M: A totally new series following the principle of “BALANCE THOUGHT". It has profounder understanding on sound reduction compared with SERIES series. In addition, it performs to every single details on materials and process technology etc. to be dedicated to providing a more intimate and extremely comfortable experience. BALANCE 2M is the replaceable version of MMCX.    

There are two variants: Balance 2M (MMCX removable cable) and Balance 2 (Fixed cable). 

Specification
  1. Speaker Driver:12MM (N52)
  2. Frequency Response: 5-40Hz
  3. Sensitivity: 108dB/mW
  4. Impedance: 16Ω
  5. Plug Diameter: 3.5mm
  6. Wire Length: 1.2M

The driver housing is metal, with a nice heft to it. Its solid and feels nice and snug in the ears. The connector is well reinforced and I didn't find the body spinning on the cable. The body is atleast as comfortable as the Series 1/3/5 iems if not more, since its not as deep an insertion. The nozzle angle is optimal for easy insertion without having to fumble around to maintain a constant seal. Comfort is quickly becoming one of my top priorities as I find that great sounding iems can be ruined by bad ergonomics. The stock cable (cable up) has little microphonics and is comfortable, easy to fold up and manage. TFZ was nice enough to include a spare cable, which I am assuming is a separate upgrade cable? Different color, no mic and a better plug. Will upload more details about it once I learn more.

I would also like to point out that the unboxing experience was really premium, coming with a plethora of accessories including a very impressive looking leather case. The unboxing experience was planned in such a way that you have to peel layers away to reveal the next compartment with goodies inside. Needless to say, their presentation game is on point. At MSRP of 199 USD I would expect no less, nonetheless I was thoroughly impressed.

And now for brief sound impressions:

1. Right off the bat, using the included wide bore tips, the sound is noticeably more balanced than the Series 1/3/5 iems
  2. Overall tonality on the warmer side of neutral with an overall balanced sound with an emphasis on bass (L shaped)
  3. Bass is no longer booming bass canons - more controlled and balanced than before; Has nice body and weight to it
  4. Tighter bass with good decay and impact and sub bass is also more prominent (<3 <3 <3); Can punch really hard with some songs
  5. More detailed than before, really surprised me out of my FiiO X7 with AM5 amp module; I would imagine it would be even more so, with the AM3
  6. Treble is polite yet extended, retaining a good amount of detail without coming anywhere close to being forward - good balance; Me likey! Way too many headphones boost treble to seem more detailed but the Balance 2M seemed to be detailed without having gone down that route
  7. Soundstage is not closed in and sounds expansive with out of head staging - which is helped by its impressive portrayal of depth in recordings
  8. The midrange is warm and lush while retaining good amount of detail; No noticeable bass bleed but will update with more listening
  9. Easy to drive, gets loud quickly; Sounded good out of my phone and laptop, improving noticeably with external dac/amps, especially the bass and details
  10. Overall a noticeable upgrade over the series 1/3/5 iems 
  11. If top 40 music is your jive (like me) then you should have this on your list of iems to try - jamming my spotify and tidal playlists with this baby and I am sitting here with a stupid grin on my face, really has me tapping my foot along with the music 
  12. I am quite sensitive to treble and  so I am always on the hunt for gears I can enjoy for long periods without ear fatigue and this appears to fit the bill so far (My stable now: HD600, Meze 99 classics, Zen 2.0, Nighthawks and the Balance 2M might be joining my stable as the only iem)

Its only been a few hours so I don't want to go too in depth but all the same I wanted to take this opportunity to document my initial impressions, and so far they are positive. Will post more detailed impressions later, followed by a full review.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #2,601 of 33,689

||  TFZ Balance 2M  ||​
========================​
Unboxing and Initial Impressions

Hey everyone! today I have the pleasure of talking about the newly released TFZ Balance 2M, a big thank you to TFZ for making it happen! I received them today and these are my very early impressions, so please take them as such. YMMV and I reserve the right to change my opinion as time goes on.

Their previously released Series 1, 3, and 5 series garnered attention for their ergonomic shells and tuning that was geared towards modern music. This was followed up by the Series 1S, 3S and 5S and they are working to release the Series 7 in time for December, suffice to say TFZ has not been sitting on their laurels. Always good to see companies trying new things!

Anyways lets get down to business!

There are two variants: Balance 2M (MMCX removable cable) and Balance 2 (Fixed cable). 

Specification
  1. Speaker Driver:12MM (N52)
  2. Frequency Response: 5-40Hz
  3. Sensitivity: 108dB/mW
  4. Impedance: 16Ω
  5. Plug Diameter: 3.5mm
  6. Wire Length: 1.2M

The driver housing is metal, with a nice heft to it. Its solid and feels nice and snug in the ears. The connector is well reinforced and I didn't find the body spinning on the cable. The body is atleast as comfortable as the Series 1/3/5 iems if not more, since its not as deep an insertion. The nozzle angle is optimal for easy insertion without having to fumble around to maintain a constant seal. Comfort is quickly becoming one of my top priorities as I find that great sounding iems can be ruined by bad ergonomics. The stock cable (cable up) has little microphonics and is comfortable, easy to fold up and manage. TFZ was nice enough to include a spare cable, which I am assuming is a separate upgrade cable? Different color, no mic and a better plug. Will upload more details about it once I learn more.

I would also like to point out that the unboxing experience was really premium, coming with a plethora of accessories including a very impressive looking leather case. The unboxing experience was planned in such a way that you have to peel layers away to reveal the next compartment with goodies inside. Needless to say, their presentation game is on point. At MSRP of 199 USD I would expect no less, nonetheless I was thoroughly impressed.

And now for brief sound impressions:

1. Right off the bat, using the included wide bore tips, the sound is noticeably more balanced than the Series 1/3/5 iems
  2. Overall tonality on the warmer side of neutral with an overall balanced sound with an emphasis on bass (L shaped)
  3. Bass is no longer booming bass canons - more controlled and balanced than before; Has nice body and weight to it
  4. Tighter bass with good decay and impact and sub bass is also more prominent (<3 <3 <3); Can punch really hard with some songs
  5. More detailed than before, really surprised me out of my FiiO X7 with AM5 amp module; I would imagine it would be even more so, with the AM3
  6. Treble is polite yet extended, retaining a good amount of detail without coming anywhere close to being forward - good balance; Me likey! Way too many headphones boost treble to seem more detailed but the Balance 2M seemed to be detailed without having gone down that route
  7. Soundstage is not closed in and sounds expansive with out of head staging - which is helped by its impressive portrayal of depth in recordings
  8. The midrange is warm and lush while retaining good amount of detail; No noticeable bass bleed but will update with more listening
  9. Easy to drive, gets loud quickly; Sounded good out of my phone and laptop, improving noticeably with external dac/amps, especially the bass and details
  10. Overall a noticeable upgrade over the series 1/3/5 iems 
  11. If top 40 music is your jive (like me) then you should have this on your list of iems to try - jamming my spotify and tidal playlists with this baby and I am sitting here with a stupid grin on my face, really has me tapping my foot along with the music 
  12. I am quite sensitive to treble and  so I am always on the hunt for gears I can enjoy for long periods without ear fatigue and this appears to fit the bill so far (My stable now: HD600, Meze 99 classics, Zen 2.0, Nighthawks and the Balance 2M might be joining my stable as the only iem)

Its only been a few hours so I don't want to go too in depth but all the same I wanted to take this opportunity to document my initial impressions, and so far they are positive. Will post more detailed impressions later, followed by a full review.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Pretty much what I've experienced with them so far.  
beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #2,602 of 33,689
Even if the M1221 is the same as the K1 which I have, it's not on par with the SWIII. Very little else I have heard is. Even some spendy Custom IEMs. For a universal the SWIII are very hard to top.

BTW the New Moni One IS very good. I think it may go toe to toe with the K1.

JMHO

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Damn, all this talk is really making me reconsider buying tk12 for the magaosi k1s..

Which one has better soundstage, details and instrument separation? I've wanted the tk12 for a long time but the k1 is sounding realllyyy good. Or would you recommend the tk13s instead?

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #2,603 of 33,689
Hi, does anyone knows how the campfire Orion compares with the NiceHCK DZ7? I am intending to get those. I listen to pop and vocals. Not a bass head but would like it to be present.

Or are there any recommendations for me? :) Budget would be below US$400. Am intending to purchasing during the 11.11 sale. Thanks in advance!

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #2,604 of 33,689

Sounds pretty much exactly like what I get out of the 4in1s. I get driver flex on one side of mine, but not the other. That sharp noise sounds like sibilance to me, and it can happen on some songs and from some sources. I find that if I use the 4in1 on a more amplified source it lessens that.

Exactly, I was listening to Coldplay- Everglow and there was a constant hissing sound in the background. Both of my pairs have the driver flex. I think closed vent hole is the reason for such hissing sound and driver flex. Does 4in1 vent holes work? 
I can live with driver flex, but the hissing sound is really bad. Except for the hissing sound, this is a great IEM.  

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #2,605 of 33,689
What did you use to poke a hole? Do you have pics of your modded pros showing where exactly you modded them?

Outer shell where it says Tennmak, right next to it, there is a small hole and you can see glue on the inside of the shell there, use a small needle to poke a hole through the glue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back