Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 22, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #1,952 of 33,689
anyone already by any chance listened to dt2 plus? Also can someone compare dunu titan/ex1 to **** 4in1? Thanks.

DT2 plus is still a preorder at most places. Will take 2 weeks before some impressions start popping up.

I have to go back and listen to the Titan, but soundstage, bass, isolation and detail are a bit better on the 4in1. Mids are better on the Titan.

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #1,953 of 33,689
soundstage and details better in ****? hm... Those were the strongest things about titans, they're sound were giving me a full headphone experience. Can you please listen to them again and make a quick comparison, mines just broke and looking for something similiar sounding, because really liked that kind of sound signature.

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,954 of 33,689
first tr
Anybody tried the Massdrop x Hifiman RE00? I was wondering how they would compare to the budget champions like havi, xe800 that people have here.
smily_headphones1.gif

when i first listened the massdrop re-00, was meh, even bah. after 200h burn-in and comparison to xe800, i think they have better instrument separation and imaging than xe800 (and maybe a bit more soundstage, as well); also resolution, they sound a bit colder and more analytical than xe800, and highs sound even more detailed and natural. tonally, they are very similar. quite neutral, flat bass, even more than xe800 (where you can hear more midbass!). maybe my perception is highly conditioned by my mood..

the re-00 are not as comfortable as xe800. the rugged surface of their shells hurts your ears (or massage them, it depends of your masochism level), so long tips are needed (like the stocked bi-flange: long, and rear flange wraps the rugged surface). the fabric cover braid of the cable does not look durable (easy to peel), and it is prone to tangle or twist (cord it correctly); but i guess there is a decent wide gauge copper inside, because the sound is ok to me. strain reliefs are longer than in xe800, too hard but tough in the angled jack, and soft enough near the shells.

owning a vsonic vc02, i wouldn't buy the re-00, because of the rugged shell, plus no detachable cable. for their price, they are not a wrong purchase however. they cost near 3x than xe800 (in my last order, xe800 were <$14: re-00 are $35+$5shipping), so both options are ok.

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,955 of 33,689

Ausdom S09 is pretty solid option from a Chinese make and can be picked up super cheap at times. Fit is kinda weird, but they're comfortable once you figure it out. MEE Audio M9B is another decent, inexpensive option, though I'm pretty sure Mee is an American company. There's also the ADVANCED Model 3 if you're willing to pay a little more, but they're definitely worth it. It's an excellent earphone, but again, American.

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on the Mee ones, as i live in Europe. Will have a look at the Ausdom..do you know how long a chrage lasts on one of these?
I heard 2 headsets about 1year ago. cheetah is bass heavy and slightly less clear.
D700 oem version is very very bright. I guess d700 suits for country music.

Thanks for the input, I'm not one for listening to country music while training, so I will probably steer towards the cheetah's :wink:

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #1,956 of 33,689

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on the Mee ones, as i live in Europe. Will have a look at the Ausdom..do you know how long a chrage lasts on one of these?

Not bad actually. They claim five hours which I have exceeded once. I generally get about 4 hours, 45 minutes out of them.

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #1,957 of 33,689
Is anyone familiar with the sound signature differences between the NiceHCK DZ7 and DZ9? I want an end-game iem at a great price. I found a nice review on the DZ9, but only impressions on the DZ7. I think the reviewer of the DZ9 said the impressions on the DZ7 were similar to his of the DZ9. Is there frequency response graphs?

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #1,958 of 33,689
Does anyone have experience with taobao second hand market Xianyu(闲鱼)?
I recently decided to buy a used DAC, while the item was sitting in the cart of my taobao account, awaiting for payment, however I couldn't make the payment through taobao standard route with my credit card...

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #1,959 of 33,689
Ah I see have read a few pages on the both the impression threads iems, I am leaning more towards the FLC8S because I can customise its sound signatures but not sure to how do both compare with each other against details, soundstage and imaging. Then again I am not going go get this immediately, going to take months to save up. So until then I will keep my options open

Maybe wait for the celeste?

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #1,962 of 33,689
About the Bluetooth id like to find a mmcx Bluetooth cable with good signal strength, preferably from AliExpress, anyone tried anything?

I've got this one and it works great very stable connection :

http://penonaudio.com/MMCX-Bluetooth-Earphone-Cable?search=Bluetooth

They've got a store on AE as well so maybe you can find it there.....

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #1,964 of 33,689
Does anyone have any Gediao GD-1's for sale?
As the cable is quite fragile, I'm looking for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back