Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #14,296 of 33,689
nice! looks positive so far, just not a fan of the design... looks like a tribute to spiderman.

It always looked like a Christmas tree to me lol.
I do like the real pictures of the nuclear version though.

TEQUILA1fu-700x700.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #14,297 of 33,689
Omg! You shouldn`t have showed this to me! DualDD-graphene driver ? Mids good and only slight U-signature?
You really mess up my plans getting iBasso IT01. I wonder how those two compare.

Not a dual DD unfortunately. Single dynamic. From the specs I'm thinking dual magnet, dual diaphragm but I need to have that clarified. The translations are a little wonky. They're also very tip sensitive. I was able to really crank up the bass with some Audbos tips. Killed the resolution though. Spinfits seem to pair really nicely. I personally think the new King Pro would be more in your wheelhouse. These might have too much low end.

@B9Scrambler Since we're in the topic, are you going to review the TFZ King Pro?

Sure am! Only listened to them briefly but they seem like a nice step up from the original King. They tone down the lower treble that many found too aggressive and like the Tequila, smooth things out overall. It's a more refined listen than the original King for sure.

20180115_153642.jpg 20180115_153721.jpg

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #14,298 of 33,689
Not a dual DD unfortunately. Single dynamic. From the specs I'm thinking dual magnet, dual diaphragm but I need to have that clarified. The translations are a little wonky. They're also very tip sensitive. I was able to really crank up the bass with some Audbos tips. Killed the resolution though. Spinfits seem to pair really nicely. I personally think the new King Pro would be more in your wheelhouse. These might have too much low end.
So, they are more L-shaped than U-shaped signature? Do they have strong bass boost or only slight?
I don`t mind slight bass boost when it is done professionally (tight, detailed and no bleed). What I don`t like is mid-bass boost and boomy loose lower-bass.
I considered King Pro but after reading some reviews they didn`t seem to impress (or is this totally fresh new version?).
I rather go with iBasso IT01 than King Pro I think (IT01 is also graphene with Tesla magnet and special chamber design + iBasso has really good cable and QC).

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #14,299 of 33,689
From the description "Dual-magnetic two-way graphene driver" I'm thinking more like a dual-diaphragm setup like the Dubliz Enhanced. Will need to see about getting clarification on that. Happy to confirm the magnets are pretty strong. In the pics above that was as close to the ZS6 as they could get without pulling together, haha.

Now you've got me wanting to take one apart and look. Not good.

Jan 17, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #14,303 of 33,689
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #14,305 of 33,689
Might be good, but Meizu sells phones, so those might be bundled with their smartphones (?)

They also manufacture and sell ear/head phones, EP-51, HD-50

Yup, and they make good stuff for sure. The build quality easily rivals Apple, and I would even go so far as to say their stuff consistently exceeds Apple's build quality.

The EP-52 is hands down the best bluetooth earphone I own.

The HP-50 is built like a Sherman tank and is a great headphone for the meager $50 price. I own (3) pairs, and they are very friendly for modding (driver swaps, open-back conversions, cup mods, oval earpad pad upgrades, etc). Fact is, I'm wearing my HP-50s right now as I type this.

I have no doubt that the Meizu Flow and Live are good bets. Meizu definitely has their act together.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #14,306 of 33,689
Meizu showed new IEMs called Live. to me it looks like 4BA (2 low +2 mid/hi), but I might be wrong. Not sure what think about the frequency graphs (can't read them :wink:).
What do you think?
https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/01/17/meizu-live-meziu-flow-bass-earphones-announced/
Gearbest has the Meizu Flow, and George has given a discount code for them once.
MEIZU Flow Three Hybrid Units HiFi Earphones with Mic

One Dynamic Unit and Two Balanced Armature Units / On-cord Control

https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_1384035.html?lkid=10690141

75.99$ with the code: MEIZUF

50pcs for promo

1512699500786569.jpg

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #14,308 of 33,689
Meizu showed new IEMs called Live. to me it looks like 4BA (2 low +2 mid/hi), but I might be wrong. Not sure what think about the frequency graphs (can't read them :wink:).
What do you think?
https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/01/17/meizu-live-meziu-flow-bass-earphones-announced/

The (shown and uncompensated, but also excessively smoothed) FR graph predicts a warm, bass-oriented and very relaxed, smooth sound. Like an even fuller, even more relaxed version of the W40 with a bit more upper midrange presence than it. Looks definitely interesting, but that 5 (?) kHz dip is likely going to add too much midrange relaxation and smoothness since it defuses a lot of the upper midrange overtones. Interesting nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back