Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 11, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #14,221 of 33,689
Oriolus Gray Knowles 30017 Unit Professional HIFI Music Stereo Earphones Earbug PK K3003 by Jaben
http://s.aliexpress.com/2uaAviuy?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)
Anyone know much about these ones? Which model they are or any reviews out there? Cheers
Thats the oriolus forsteni. By the way I'm surprised its something by jaben because Jaben is a trademark headphone shop known across the globe and not an iem manufacturer. The oriolus forsteni is just 1 of the iems they sell. Very curious to what is happening tbh

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #14,222 of 33,689
Yea i thought they were just
Thats the oriolus forsteni. By the way I'm surprised its something by jaben because Jaben is a trademark headphone shop known across the globe and not an iem manufacturer. The oriolus forsteni is just 1 of the iems they sell. Very curious to what is happening tbh
Yea i thought they were just a shop front myself. Im tempted to buy those. Price looks good i think, though might have to scan around first to be sure. At least it is by a well known and legit shop, makes parting with your funds a little less worrisome.

Thanks for the confirmation anyway!

Best

Martin

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #14,223 of 33,689
20180111_121622.jpg

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #14,225 of 33,689
Ooh whats that nice looking thing!?

Rhythmos/Super SD7, a 1DD, 4BA hybrid. Initial sound impressions are really good maybe even on the same level as the LZ-A4 and Brainwavz B400. Isolation and ergonomics are also great while accessories are sub par and build quality is questionable (the MMCX connections are quite loose). Still a solid offering for the $115 I paid for them. Early days, ymmw and all that :wink:

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #14,226 of 33,689
Rhythmos/Super SD7, a 1DD, 4BA hybrid. Initial sound impressions are really good maybe even on the same level as the LZ-A4 and Brainwavz B400. Isolation and ergonomics are also great while accessories are sub par and build quality is questionable (the MMCX connections are quite loose). Still a solid offering for the $115 I paid for them. Early days, ymmw and all that :wink:
Ah thought i recognised it! Its in my IEM favorites on aliexpress.
How is the bass and soundstage on those? The price does make them very tempting and from the pictures it looks lovely

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #14,227 of 33,689
Ah thought i recognised it! Its in my IEM favorites on aliexpress.
How is the bass and soundstage on those? The price does make them very tempting and from the pictures it looks lovely

The bass is very good. I'm not a basshead and these have got all the bass I need while still not mixing too much into the higher frequencies. Soundstage is average and doesn't compete well compared to the Blue Ever Blue Model 1200EX, LZ-A4 and others that are very good in this area. That being said they're not bad i this regard either, just nothing special. I'd say that the sound is fairly well balanced, I was looking for something with more (sub)bass than the Brainwavz B400 and better isolation than the LZ-A4 to use when out and about and these fit the bill perfectly so far. Please remember that I've about had them for half a day this far so things may change over time.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #14,228 of 33,689
The bass is very good. I'm not a basshead and these have got all the bass I need while still not mixing too much into the higher frequencies. Soundstage is average and doesn't compete well compared to the Blue Ever Blue Model 1200EX, LZ-A4 and others that are very good in this area. That being said they're not bad i this regard either, just nothing special. I'd say that the sound is fairly well balanced, I was looking for something with more (sub)bass than the Brainwavz B400 and better isolation than the LZ-A4 to use when out and about and these fit the bill perfectly so far. Please remember that I've about had them for half a day this far so things may change over time.
Ah interesting.
Thanks for taking tue time to respond.
I just brought the N5ii and want some awesome IEMS upto the £300 mark. Though i am off travelling in June so also thinking awesome but cheap.
There are so many i am interested in IT01/04, LZ a4/a5, fiio f9 pro, Cardas A8... these.... if only there was a shop near me which stocked all these and more so i could test them

Jan 11, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #14,229 of 33,689
Ah interesting.
Thanks for taking tue time to respond.
I just brought the N5ii and want some awesome IEMS upto the £300 mark. Though i am off travelling in June so also thinking awesome but cheap.
There are so many i am interested in IT01/04, LZ a4/a5, fiio f9 pro, Cardas A8... these.... if only there was a shop near me which stocked all these and more so i could test them

Fwiw I should have the A5 sometime next week so I'll be able to compare them with the SD7 if that's of interest.

Personal I'm really found of the the A4 so I'm pretty hyped about trying the A5 :wink:

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #14,231 of 33,689
I’m listening to Dsnuts’s pair strictly in balanced mode and the layering is excellent. I’d assume it would sound great with the N5ii. Bargain for sure.

Jan 11, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #14,232 of 33,689
Still think the **** 4 in 1 is the best :wink:

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #14,233 of 33,689
Yea i thought they were just

Yea i thought they were just a shop front myself. Im tempted to buy those. Price looks good i think, though might have to scan around first to be sure. At least it is by a well known and legit shop, makes parting with your funds a little less worrisome.

Thanks for the confirmation anyway!

Best

Martin

Oriolus is well known and respected brand, with their TOTL going even over 2000 USD. Nothing to be worried here, they are leagues ahead of random aliexpress hybrid IEMs.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 12, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #14,235 of 33,689
Those who are interested in the InEar SD-2 could imo also consider its Chinese cousin, the NS Audio NS-2 Composer (its other cousins are the Westone W20 and Audio Technica ATH-IM02). Has got some strong (sonic) similarities with the SD-2 but is ultimately still a different in-ear (a little less bass impact and warmth, less vocal intimacy, even slightly darker and smoother treble; also great and natural imaging but a bit less spatial width; pretty similar level of details and authenticity as well as naturalness). Similarly great, perfect fit and comfort (shells are a bit smaller than the SD-2's and therefore probably similar to the smaller SD-2S).

Some comparative FR measurements (Veritas coupler with pseudo-diffuse-field-compensation that subtracts too much around 3 and 6 kHz): http://frequency-response.blogspot.com/2018/01/ns-audio-ns-2-composer-frequency-response.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back