Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 27, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #13,516 of 33,689
Oh dear, I bought these from Amazon and returned them straight after trying them, buy the kz zs6 better and cheaper!
If you do get them let us know how it works out. Just because one person didn't like them doesn't necessarily mean they're not good.

no i own these for two weeks.

the filters are tiny and i must pay attention not to loose them.
overall it is normal but never outstanding. bass is normal and isolation is not as good as my 1 more triple driver.
its an alternative pair for me but not the first choice.
the building is good.
sorry for my english.it is not my first language. my first language is deutsch.
next time i will wait for my decision to buy a good earphone.

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #13,517 of 33,689
My second Joybuy order arrived today, I've got no doubt that these are also genuine:

20171127_173001.jpg

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #13,519 of 33,689
May I ask did you pay VAT for this order?

Amazingly not, it was properly marked with $119 (I didn't ask for anything else either) but someone must have been sleepy :wink:

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #13,521 of 33,689
Nov 27, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #13,522 of 33,689
Nov 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #13,524 of 33,689
Seems like everything that goes through their freight forwarder will go through without import duties because the importer doesn't have to pay VAT.

In Norway this is very rare, normally all packages handled by the Norwegian postal service get hit with taxes.

Anyway I'm not complaining and so far these are quite good for the money I paid for them. I was hoping for something decent sounding to use on shorter flights and trains (closed) and hotel rooms (open). I'm going to China next week, maybe I'll bring them back home again lol.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #13,525 of 33,689
Btw, does anyone know any nice audio shops in Shanghai that carries more than the western mainstream brands?

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #13,527 of 33,689
I'll send you an address later.

In China, people usually buy things online, but you need a Chinese mobile number to do so. Without one, it's almost impossible to buy anything on taobao.com.

Thanks! I'm only going to be there for three days (work) so if I get any change at all to shop it will have to be ina a physical store.

It's been ten years since last time I was in Shanghai so I'd imagine things are quite different there now.

Nov 27, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #13,528 of 33,689
IMG_20171128_064118.JPG

Thoughts on the Ostry KC09 after a few weeks, and a full burn in.

Shell: Lightweight, metal, and overall has good build. MMCX connectors are tight.

Cable.... Honestly, the thin sleeves make the cable too tangly. I hate it lol. Has hard twists already.

Synergy: The KC09 pairs better with neutral to bright sources. It's too warm if paired with warm sources like the X5iii or

Sound:
Paired with Pioneer XDP-30r, Single Ended, Stock Cable.

Bass: Good rumble and extension. Sub-bass is well controlled, and presents itself when needed. Mid bass has good impact and punch, but not hard-hitting. Overall, the bass has good body, control, and punch to give the sound some weight, dynamics, and fun. Quantity: Mid-bass > Sub bass.

Mids: Mids are forward, thick, and weighty which I would describe as lush. The upper mids has slightly more forwardness as compared to the lower mids, but overall presents itself with good balance. Even with the forward presentation, vocals are not too in your face. Good detail retrieval, and very very good tone and timbre. Doesn't sound shouty, grainy, or too thick (except with warm sources).

Highs: Highs are smooth, but surprisingly well-extended. No peaks here and there, and I don't hear any sibilance. While being smooth, it presents itself with good air and sparkle.

Resolution, detail retrieval: Even with the warm and forward character, the KC09 is DETAILED! It doesn't throw details in your face. but presents the sound in a musical way without lacking any detail.

Soundstage and imaging. Even with the forward presentation, instruments are well placed, and well separated with good width and depth with the vocals upfront. The KC09 DO NOT sound congested at all. It's mind-blowing for me. Not as wide as the CH9T though.

I need to get a balanced cable soon! Where's money when I want to. :frowning2:

I hope my mini review helps :D

Nov 27, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #13,529 of 33,689

Thoughts on the Ostry KC09 after a few weeks, and a full burn in.

Shell: Lightweight, metal, and overall has good build. MMCX connectors are tight.

Cable.... Honestly, the thin sleeves make the cable too tangly. I hate it lol. Has hard twists already.

Synergy: The KC09 pairs better with neutral to bright sources. It's too warm if paired with warm sources like the X5iii or

Sound:
Paired with Pioneer XDP-30r, Single Ended, Stock Cable.

Bass: Good rumble and extension. Sub-bass is well controlled, and presents itself when needed. Mid bass has good impact and punch, but not hard-hitting. Overall, the bass has good body, control, and punch to give the sound some weight, dynamics, and fun. Quantity: Mid-bass > Sub bass.

Mids: Mids are forward, thick, and weighty which I would describe as lush. The upper mids has slightly more forwardness as compared to the lower mids, but overall presents itself with good balance. Even with the forward presentation, vocals are not too in your face. Good detail retrieval, and very very good tone and timbre. Doesn't sound shouty, grainy, or too thick (except with warm sources).

Highs: Highs are smooth, but surprisingly well-extended. No peaks here and there, and I don't hear any sibilance. While being smooth, it presents itself with good air and sparkle.

Resolution, detail retrieval: Even with the warm and forward character, the KC09 is DETAILED! It doesn't throw details in your face. but presents the sound in a musical way without lacking any detail.

Soundstage and imaging. Even with the forward presentation, instruments are well placed, and well separated with good width and depth with the vocals upfront. The KC09 DO NOT sound congested at all. It's mind-blowing for me. Not as wide as the CH9T though.

I need to get a balanced cable soon! Where's money when I want to. :frowning2:

I hope my mini review helps :D

Thanks. There aren't a lot of detailed reviews on this one although I have only heard good comments on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back