Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 23, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #13,441 of 33,689
That's why he wants to upgrade to a more even signature but keeping the wide soundstage. Appreciate the comparison!

I immediately thought the ZS6 but that really isn't balanced either, just goes in the other direction from the Tennmak Pro. It has a bigger soundstage though.

Maybe the Shozy Hibiki? It has a similar signature as the Pro but with less bass and more forward mids. And it has a nice soundstage.

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #13,442 of 33,689
'member when I posted some frequency response graphs of the KingYou KM03, a truly sub-bass-heavy in-ear with a smooth midrange and treble? For those who are interested, I have written a small (German but as always with the Google Translate Widget sitting right below the navigation bar) review of it which can be found here: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/11/kingyou-km03-review.html

DSC04601-small.JPG

KingYou KM03 Frequency Response.jpg

Bottom line: not exactly as bad as expected and with a rather well-done midrange, but I'd definitely pick most Superlux, Xiaomi and Knowledge Zenith in-ears over it.

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #13,443 of 33,689
Nov 23, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #13,444 of 33,689
Someone buyed and posted something here, or in KZ thread, a little while Ago about these hybrid IEM's, there were good impressions.
http://s.aliexpress.com/biuAv2QF

There are another hybrid model from the same manufacturer apparently:
http://s.aliexpress.com/2qqArI3E

Vidal tried to Review one but had quality problems with the unit and was unable to do the review, as the seller had treatment. Vidal Said that the First impressions on sound was good.

Anyone here has Any info about these ? Maybe the Guy that first got them, could tell us something ? anyone brave enough $$ to got one ?

Anyway i think that igor from audiobudget.com Will Review one, as i have seen a comment on Aliexpress "soon on audiobudget.com".

Willing to see any info, the fr graph looks promising, datachable cable, over ear, good price... It remains to be seen how they actualy sound.

My unit was poorly assembled no glue on one side, that was the ASY model. The other review I saw was the ASY that had a problem with the connections.

Irradiated a dispute on AE and the seller refused to send me a single earpiece as a replacement so I escalated to AE. At this point the seller accused me of breaking the earpiece myself. I’m still waiting for a refund even though AE have found in my favour.

The sound wasn’t so great that I’d risk the inconvenience of waiting for replacements. Given the fact the seller is appalling I’d stay well away

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #13,447 of 33,689
Monk IE and my Joybuy RE400a

1 question, can the monk ie be worn not over ear cable but straight down?

edit, also what is the sound difference between biggie and smalls?

also congrats on getting one of the first monk ie's

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #13,448 of 33,689
Someone buyed and posted something here, or in KZ thread, a little while Ago about these hybrid IEM's, there were good impressions.
http://s.aliexpress.com/biuAv2QF

There are another hybrid model from the same manufacturer apparently:
http://s.aliexpress.com/2qqArI3E

Vidal tried to Review one but had quality problems with the unit and was unable to do the review, as the seller had treatment. Vidal Said that the First impressions on sound was good.

Anyone here has Any info about these ? Maybe the Guy that first got them, could tell us something ? anyone brave enough $$ to got one ?

Anyway i think that igor from audiobudget.com Will Review one, as i have seen a comment on Aliexpress "soon on audiobudget.com".

Willing to see any info, the fr graph looks promising, datachable cable, over ear, good price... It remains to be seen how they actualy sound.
I believe i'm one of those who got the ASK hybrid some time back. It was pretty good and ended up being my daily driver for some time. Given that price range, i think they're quite underrated. They have a bright warmish sound leaning towards a U or mildly V shape signature. They don't give any WOW effect when you hear it like how ZS5/6 will give you but they're rather smooth and easy listening. What makes it a daily driver to me most importantly is its treble. It's crisp and detailed yet not at any point harsh to my ears so it ended up in my ears for a much longer time without me realising it actually. Bass may be lacking a little in subbass but remains well textured with good punch to keep the music alive. Fitment can be a little finicky at first but once you get the hang of it you'll be fine. It's actually very comfortable once it's fitted with a good seal. It's quite amazing that they have actual crossover given the price coz not even KZ can do a crossover at such price. And packaging is definitely much better than KZ small packaging box.

Moved on to Veedix now and been enjoying it since i got it yesterday. Took a while of adjustment as it definitely has a little more bass than i can cope with at first but overall it's actually quite balance sounding. I would say that veedix is the most comfortable uiem i've ever worn coming from a few well known nice fitting uiem like magaosi k1, k3pro, tfz exclusive 3, kinera h3... not sure what challenges they're facing but hopefully they'll be available to the international buyers soon as i've feedback to them through Taobao about them no longer available on AE and they said they're working on it. Maybe ppl thinks their price is not competitive enough but hey, aren't TFZ King priced much more expensive than it too ? They're not like miles behind King and they're presenting a different signature so i guess it's again another underrated gear with failed marketing strategy perhaps.

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #13,450 of 33,689

Monk IE and my Joybuy RE400a

Nice to known that the joibuy Deal was real, i only have to wait a long time to the earphones reach my country now...

Can you Tell us any impressions comparing to latest earphones ?

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #13,451 of 33,689
Joybuy RE400 is definitely legit. Cable is pretty bleh, at least on the mic-free version. If this is an upgrade, the original cable must have been truly abysmal.

20171123_083824.jpg

Attachments

• 20171123_083301.jpg
    20171123_083301.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171123_083318.jpg
    20171123_083318.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171123_083342.jpg
    20171123_083342.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171123_083513.jpg
    20171123_083513.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171123_084023.jpg
    20171123_084023.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171123_084055.jpg
    20171123_084055.jpg
  • 20171123_084117.jpg
    20171123_084117.jpg
Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #13,452 of 33,689
Nice to known that the joibuy Deal was real, i only have to wait a long time to the earphones reach my country now...

Can you Tell us any impressions comparing to latest earphones ?

The RE400 is a very nice pair of IEM's even with today's standard. Although it's easily outperformed but several top $100 offerings today (it was originally $99) it still hold its own against most sub $50 offerings I've heard as long as its signature goes along with your preferences.

They lack some sone dynamics and sparkle and are definitely mid centric but as long as one is OK with that they're nice.

Regarding the Monk IEM's I've hardly had any time to listen to them yet so I'll have to get back with impressions but extremely early impression is that the RE400 is at least on pair when it comes to sound while the Monks seem to be better built.

I don't think there's any way to wear the Monk IEM's straight down. I was also a bit surprised that they're exactly the same size, color is the only difference.

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #13,453 of 33,689
The RE400 is a very nice pair of IEM's even with today's standard. Although it's easily outperformed but several top $100 offerings today (it was originally $99) it still hold its own against most sub $50 offerings I've heard as long as its signature goes along with your preferences.

They lack some sone dynamics and sparkle and are definitely mid centric but as long as one is OK with that they're nice.

Regarding the Monk IEM's I've hardly had any time to listen to them yet so I'll have to get back with impressions but extremely early impression is that the RE400 is at least on pair when it comes to sound while the Monks seem to be better built.

I don't think there's any way to wear the Monk IEM's straight down. I was also a bit surprised that they're exactly the same size, color is the only difference.

Many people have reported that Monk IEs need some decent burn in before they loosen up. However, it does appear that they aren't exactly the best IEMs in the budget segment, definitely not going to win as many hearts as monk earbuds did, this is just judging from people's impressions.

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #13,454 of 33,689
Guys, any recommendations for an iem with low profile/over ear, massive soundstage and good overall balance? I have a friend who loves his tennmak pro mainly because of the wide soundstage and wants to upgrade this BF.
The new MEMT R7 (hybrid). :thumbsup:....Heavy duty metal housing and cables, which is much improved since the MEMT X5. Smooth, but yet clear and open and massive soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back