Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 18, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #13,366 of 33,689
I'm getting annoyed with how I keep listening to the KZ ZS6 over my other IEMs that cost more.

Anything out there that's up the price ladder with a similar sound? Not super V shaped, just a pleasant one, and I use foams to tamp down the sibilance so overly bright treble isn't what I'm aiming at.
I agree, the ZS6 is quite an amazing iem

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #13,367 of 33,689
Oh, the HE400i is going to spoil you. Amazing headphones! I'm looking for the iem equivelant.

I'm only a bit disappointed by the soundstage - expected them to be more out of head than they are. My AKG K612 Pro are superior in this regard.

Moni One IEM goes some way towards the feel of a open backed headphone, bass isn't quite as impactful as the HE400i but for an IEM I think they're pretty special. My experience of +$50 earphones is limited as I spend so much on cheaper IEMs

Nov 18, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #13,368 of 33,689
My Amazon purchased HE400i have arrived, anyone have any thoughts on pad upgrades?

I'm very found of the round Brainwavz pads, both the velour and leather are great imo.

These can be had very cheap on Aliexpress but I'm not 100% sure that they're the real deal. Got some on the way so should now pretty soon.

Nov 18, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #13,369 of 33,689
I'm only a bit disappointed by the soundstage - expected them to be more out of head than they are. My AKG K612 Pro are superior in this regard.

Moni One IEM goes some way towards the feel of a open backed headphone, bass isn't quite as impactful as the HE400i but for an IEM I think they're pretty special. My experience of +$50 earphones is limited as I spend so much on cheaper IEMs

Yeah, soundstage width is not their strongest area. Still very ni e headphones imo.

Nov 18, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #13,371 of 33,689
My JoyBuy RE400i arrived yesterday as well. That cable though... Garbage. And the tip selection... A bad joke.

These are well known facts about them, plus the terrible build quality. Something had to give, they invested a lot of money into research for these. However, replacing cable doesn't look too hard and tips are an easy fix, so there might be an awesome IEM hidden behind silly problems.

Nov 18, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #13,372 of 33,689
These are well known facts about them, plus the terrible build quality. Something had to give, they invested a lot of money into research for these. However, replacing cable doesn't look too hard and tips are an easy fix, so there might be an awesome IEM hidden behind silly problems.

Yeah, I knew about the cable. I didn't know that it is that bad though. I expected something RE800-ish, maybe a little worse, but the RE800 is easily miles ahead the RE400 when it comes to cable.

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #13,376 of 33,689

Are the Moni One discontinued? They arlmost impossible to find. The only two listings on AE are out of stock.

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #13,377 of 33,689
Yeah, I knew about the cable. I didn't know that it is that bad though. I expected something RE800-ish, maybe a little worse, but the RE800 is easily miles ahead the RE400 when it comes to cable.
Well, re400's cables are mediocre but come on - you can't be really mad that the iems you just got for 25 bucks don't have at least as good cable as the $700 re-800?
I did buy a ton of these re400 while on sale for the upcoming Holidays but kinda regret I didn't get more of the 1more triples while they were $47 as they look a lot more impressive as a gift given their package and looks

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #13,379 of 33,689
Well, re400's cables are mediocre but come on - you can't be really mad that the iems you just got for 25 bucks don't have at least as good cable as the $700 re-800?
I did buy a ton of these re400 while on sale for the upcoming Holidays but kinda regret I didn't get more of the 1more triples while they were $47 as they look a lot more impressive as a gift given their package and looks

I'm not really mad at all, but didn't expect the cable to be that bad when it comes to flexibility etc. Sonically the RE400 is a good IEM, no doubt. But that cable is quite a joke nonetheless based on the MSRP and compared to what other $10 chi-fi IEMs come with (cable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back