Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 18, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #13,381 of 33,689
I actually liked Hifimans eartips selection... They are very confortable in my ears and offers some shapes you will never found elsewhere so good for completing the tip-rolling collection.

The included tips also fit me very well and are of soft, high quality. What I don't get though is the inconsistency. Instead of including large, medium and small tips of each kind, they include tips that don't only vary in diameter but also in length. Three pairs of long tips in different sizes of each type of tips would be good, but some short single-flange tips here, some long single-flange tips there, and some short bi-flange tips as well as some long bi-flange tips is rather odd, at least from my point of view. So it's not the tips quality and material that I don't like, since I do, but the inconsistency of what type of tips they include in the pack.

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #13,382 of 33,689
I'm not really mad at all, but didn't expect the cable to be that bad when it comes to flexibility etc. Sonically the RE400 is a good IEM, no doubt. But that cable is quite a joke nonetheless based on the MSRP and compared to what other $10 chi-fi IEMs come with (cable).

Beside the bad cable please write your personal review perhaps the sound quite neutral and you will like it

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #13,383 of 33,689
Beside the bad cable please write your personal review perhaps the sound quite neutral and you will like it

The sound is indeed quite neutral and coherent, with a pinch of warmth and an overall harmonic timbre.

I will definitely publish a full review on the Kopfhoerer-Lounge, but cannot really say when exactly.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #13,385 of 33,689
Really digging my RE400. They tick A LOT of boxes to me... They just dethroned my LZ-A3 and P1 in listening joy. Won't say they are better (they probably aren't) but they are just getting ALL my head time. Impressive the amount of clarity and resolution for this little money. Don't know if sinergy has to do it, but my actual rig (N3-RE400-Spinfit) is providing me an enjoyment that I didn't have in a looooooong time....

Nov 19, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #13,386 of 33,689
Really digging my RE400. They tick A LOT of boxes to me... They just dethroned my LZ-A3 and P1 in listening joy. Won't say they are better (they probably aren't) but they are just getting ALL my head time. Impressive the amount of clarity and resolution for this little money. Don't know if sinergy has to do it, but my actual rig (N3-RE400-Spinfit) is providing me an enjoyment that I didn't have in a looooooong time....

Nice to hear that Leo! It looks as if my pair will arrive in a couple of days now and the Edition S should be right behind. I'm also waiting for something Big and something Small so should be a good week :wink:

Nov 19, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #13,387 of 33,689

Mine arrived in post office, expecting them in a few days. I'll be using them with Lg V20 and I am quite excited to be honest, I have some seriously huge expectations.

Nov 19, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #13,388 of 33,689
Nov 19, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #13,389 of 33,689
Has the HiFiMAN RE-400 been changed / updated, since it was first reviewed here, back in January/February of 2013?
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-re-400.15746/

Yes, jack was changed and supposedly cable is better, especially the part that used to break all the time where strain relief connects to the housings. All of this is not better by much... there are also versions with android/ios mics - these also use 'updated' cable. Driver and sound never changed. Some new tips were added, also a hard case. These new things don't come in the official box, but they pack them in a cardboard box along the official package. Note: I haven't received them yet but I did the research :) (still amazed how little info everyone provides...)

Hifiman_RE-400_35636361_04.jpg
20161209030702_54027.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #13,390 of 33,689
Yes, jack was changed and supposedly cable is better, especially the part that used to break all the time where strain relief connects to the housings. All of this is not better by much... there are also versions with android/ios mics - these also use 'updated' cable. Driver and sound never changed. Some new tips were added, also a hard case. These new things don't come in the official box, but they pack them in a cardboard box along the official package. Note: I haven't received them yet but I did the research :) (still amazed how little info everyone provides...)

Hifiman_RE-400_35636361_04.jpg
20161209030702_54027.jpg

Mine has the old jack :triportsad:. I should order one with mic during 11.11

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #13,392 of 33,689
I wouldn't say I wasn't particularly impressed with the RE400B, as I could tell it was a rather talented IEM for it's cost, but it didn't suit me. I preferred the sound of both the RE-0 & RE-Zero. Then again, I prefer a fun slant, so wasn't surprised at my enjoyment of the RE300.

Nov 19, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #13,393 of 33,689
Mine arrived in post office, expecting them in a few days. I'll be using them with Lg V20 and I am quite excited to be honest, I have some seriously huge expectations.

The RE600 with the LGV10 is one of my favorite combos. I haven't heard the RE400, but it should be a pleasant combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back