Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #12,946 of 33,689
No 11/11 sale on Pioneer.

Pioneer is non-existant on AE. I wonder if Fiio F9 will get a discount after the release of the new PRO version.

If QC wasn't so much an issue for me or if I had many good IEMs to choose from to reduce the use and wear, I'd go for toneking Nine tails/TFZ king I think.

Mee audio P2 would at the same price as the Fiio F9 too, and I haven't heard of QC issues with those yet.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #12,947 of 33,689
This is a question to the (funny face) scrambler and crabdog, like, with all your sincerity, if you have 100$ for ali sale, wich IEM, with your testing experience ,will you choose and for scrambler, that will not be a shame to listen to with the 2000$ hifiman in your other pocket??? Like, you know guys I got 50 IEM pairs I guess. I want something that sound out of my head, very enveloping, with present round punchy bass, seductive natural not harsh mids, good details and especially instruments separation, neither warm or bright, neutral with little bass push and versatile musicality....hum, yeah, like, in chifi world 10$ IEM can easily compete with 30$ ones....so a 100$ one that will easily compete with 300$ one is what I search, but that kind of abstract.
I have a fixation on Magaosi K3 Pro right now (85$ at ali sale).
From what I like in my collection, I would like tomix soundsig of XBA 6in1 plus PMV A01 Mk2 if ya know what I mean.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #12,948 of 33,689
This is a question to the (funny face) scrambler and crabdog, like, with all your sincerity, if you have 100$ for ali sale, wich IEM, with your testing experience ,will you choose and for scrambler, that will not be a shame to listen to with the 2000$ hifiman in your other pocket??? Like, you know guys I got 50 IEM pairs I guess. I want something that sound out of my head, very enveloping, with present round punchy bass, seductive natural not harsh mids, good details and especially instruments separation, neither warm or bright, neutral with little bass push and versatile musicality....hum, yeah, like, in chifi world 10$ IEM can easily compete with 30$ ones....so a 100$ one that will easily compete with 300$ one is what I search, but that kind of abstract.
From what I like in my collection, I would like tomix soundsig of XBA 6in1 plus PMV A01 Mk2 if ya know what I mean.

I don't use the RE2000 much if I'm to be honest. Don't get me wrong, they're awesome, but I'm a budget iem person at heart. I also have no idea if HiFiMan wants that gear back. They never really answered that question. Their gear stays in storage with occasional use to keep it safe. For my 100 bucks, I'd have to go with my benchmark; MacaW GT600s. I personally think it's worth stretching your budget to 150 for the Simgot En700 Pro, or further yet enough to get the Brainwavz B400 while it's still got a Head-fi discount. Those two are some of the nicest earphones I've heard/used to date.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #12,949 of 33,689
Has anyone tried these from MaGaosi/HIiLisening? "With Tuning Filters 1BA With 1DD HIFI Bass Metal Shell Headset With Replaceable MMCX Wire". They are listed as the "S8" on MaGaosi/HLSX/HIiLisening's site. At least I think those are the S8. Their website is horrible. I bet @1clearhead either has them or will have them soon. http://www.hilisening.com

US $99.00 / piece
HTB1l2n8b2BNTKJjy0Fd763PpVXaf.png
Sale Price: US $89.10
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...th-1DD-HIFI-Bass-Metal-Shell/32828047045.html

I've got a set of these. Really clean sound; typical budget hybrid u- or v-shape but very smooth and detailed with a nice sound stage. One of the better sounding 100 USD earphones I've got at the moment. Everything else about them is a bit cheap feeling though. The cable especially sucks; MMCX connection issues ootb and it just feels thin and flimsy with a lack of proper strain relief to boot. Packaging is old-school Magaosi style with terrible translations and the tip selection is limited; one set of generic silicone tips in s/m/l. It all feels a little half baked. 99 USD is just too much for what you get and it would be better spent elsewhere. 60-70 would be more realistic. If you can get them at a good price, buy an upgraded cable at the same time and throw on some better tips. They're good, they just need everything but the ear pieces to be replaced ootb. All imo of course.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #12,950 of 33,689
I don't use the RE2000 much if I'm to be honest. Don't get me wrong, they're awesome, but I'm a budget iem person at heart. I also have no idea if HiFiMan wants that gear back. They never really answered that question. Their gear stays in storage with occasional use to keep it safe. For my 100 bucks, I'd have to go with my benchmark; MacaW GT600s. I personally think it's worth stretching your budget to 150 for the Simgot En700 Pro, or further yet enough to get the Brainwavz B400 while it's still got a Head-fi discount. Those two are some of the nicest earphones I've heard/used to date.

Thanks man for the suggestions. Hum......you tempt me here with Simgot Pro cause they will be about 85$ at Alisale....Brainwavz aren't sale in Aliexpress and 180$ is way above what I can afford. So we talk about single D driver versus quad hybrid....by the way i don't care about cable and box in price value as I got plenty of nice mmcx cable (iwhen I can I choose without cable and accesories IEM) so if it change your mind about suggestion please share.

Nov 6, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #12,952 of 33,689
If I had $100 I'd probably get the Toneking Nine Tail. It has a very smooth, easygoing signature but at the same time has good details and resolution. As I always say though, the fit is unusual and might not suit everybody but I find it very comfortable and enjoyable.

Nov 6, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #12,953 of 33,689
If I had $100 I'd probably get the Toneking Nine Tail. It has a very smooth, easygoing signature but at the same time has good details and resolution. As I always say though, the fit is unusual and might not suit everybody but I find it very comfortable and enjoyable.
Btw, how is the bass speed and treble extension on the nine tail?

Nov 6, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #12,954 of 33,689
Btw, how is the bass speed and treble extension on the nine tail?
Bass is not particularly fast or textured but keep in mind I've only been using the silver rear filter for the most part. I'd have to check for the others as it's been a while since I heard them. Treble extension is fine but again it changes with different filters.

Nov 6, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #12,955 of 33,689
Bass is not particularly fast or textured but keep in mind I've only been using the silver rear filter for the most part. I'd have to check for the others as it's been a while since I heard them. Treble extension is fine but again it changes with different filters.
Yeah, maybe with the blue filter looking at the graphs. I don't need BA speed, but something like the brainwavz b150 (which is not very fast for a BA) will probably be the slowest I would go. As far as texture goes, I don't care that much for it. For me when people talk about texture it usually means the bass lacks thickness. I need a controlled bass with thick body that hits tight on the impact and that doesn't overshadow the mids.

Nov 6, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #12,956 of 33,689
Yeah, maybe with the blue filter looking at the graphs. I don't need BA speed, but something like the brainwavz b150 (which is not very fast for a BA) will probably be the slowest I would go. As far as texture goes, I don't care that much for it. For me when people talk about texture it usually means the bass lacks thickness. I need a controlled bass with thick body that hits tight on the impact and that doesn't overshadow the mids.
That's pretty much how I hear it. It has good thickness to it and a very nice sub-bass resonance but it's fairly in line with the mids and highs ie: it's not overpowering or trying to be the star of the show. I haven't listened to the B150 for ages but if I remember later (not at home right now) I'll pull it out and let you know how it compares.

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #12,957 of 33,689
That's pretty much how I hear it. It has good thickness to it and a very nice sub-bass resonance but it's fairly in line with the mids and highs ie: it's not overpowering or trying to be the star of the show. I haven't listened to the B150 for ages but if I remember later (not at home right now) I'll pull it out and let you know how it compares.
Ok, thank you.

Nov 6, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #12,958 of 33,689
I've got a set of these. Really clean sound; typical budget hybrid u- or v-shape but very smooth and detailed with a nice sound stage. One of the better sounding 100 USD earphones I've got at the moment. Everything else about them is a bit cheap feeling though. The cable especially sucks; MMCX connection issues ootb and it just feels thin and flimsy with a lack of proper strain relief to boot. Packaging is old-school Magaosi style with terrible translations and the tip selection is limited; one set of generic silicone tips in s/m/l. It all feels a little half baked. 99 USD is just too much for what you get and it would be better spent elsewhere. 60-70 would be more realistic. If you can get them at a good price, buy an upgraded cable at the same time and throw on some better tips. They're good, they just need everything but the ear pieces to be replaced ootb. All imo of course.

Thanks B9. :)

Nov 6, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #12,959 of 33,689
Thanks man for the suggestions. Hum......you tempt me here with Simgot Pro cause they will be about 85$ at Alisale....Brainwavz aren't sale in Aliexpress and 180$ is way above what I can afford. So we talk about single D driver versus quad hybrid....by the way i don't care about cable and box in price value as I got plenty of nice mmcx cable (iwhen I can I choose without cable and accesories IEM) so if it change your mind about suggestion please share.

Careful, I think that you are talking about EN700 Bass being 85$, EN700 Pro is around 150$ and isn't on ali as of yet.

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #12,960 of 33,689
Hello HF members,

Last week i've bought the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro with an impulse buy because they were on sale for about $17. I've instantly bought them because I have had the Piston 1, 2 and 3 versions all before and enjoyed them. However I always had the problem of 1 side of the cable dying after about a year of use, even when always using the supplied storage unit where you wind the cable around it. It has been a while since I looked at Head-Fi and really looked into what is available on the market now, but i'm starting to wonder if these Xiaomi Hybrid Pro were a good buy, or if I should return them when they arrive. I've looked into a few alternatives now, and wonder what would be recommended. Max budget I would spend on them is about $60, and detachable cables might be a preference, because the cables always seem to break on me after about a year of usage, and replacing a cable is of course cheaper then buying new IEM. With 11.11 incoming, there are a ton of ice discounts coming, so this is the list I compiled.

All sales on AE unless noted otherwise
  • $11 KZ ZST (now on sale at gearbest)
  • $18 KZ ZST Pro
  • $25 **** 4in1
  • $26 BossHiFi B3
  • $33 KZ ZS6
  • $34 Svara Red
  • $34 Tin Audio T2
  • $45 OVC H15 (Amazon.de)
  • $60 Shozy Hibiki
  • $60 VE Monk IE bundle package (If I can manage to buy it)
Which of these would be the best choice? Is a $60 IEM that much better then a $20/$30 IEM? If there are other recommendations feel free to point them out.
Any recommendations/feedback is much appreciated!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back