Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 1, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #12,826 of 33,689
I got the Exclusive 5s a couple of months ago because I'd read the Kings were maybe a little too bright but I've since realized I like bright phones and don't have any kind of treble sensitivity issues so I keep wondering whether I'd like the Kings even more than the 5s...I really like the 5s but I wish I could hear the Kings - it seems slight wasteful for me to buy them now but knowing me I probably will do at some point. :)

same as me . i always wary at first of buying earphones that people reviewed as "treble hot" (like the KZ ZS5 for instance). it turns out that my old ears have no problem whatsoever with them (except the co donguri shizuku.... that one... really is piercing). i think the exclusive 5 is not for me because from reviews it has a bigger bass thn the King.. to me the King already has plentiful of bass, i don't think i will like iem with bigger bass than this

Nov 1, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #12,827 of 33,689
same as me . i always wary at first of buying earphones that people reviewed as "treble hot" (like the KZ ZS5 for instance). it turns out that my old ears have no problem whatsoever with them (except the co donguri shizuku.... that one... really is piercing). i think the exclusive 5 is not for me because from reviews it has a bigger bass thn the King.. to me the King already has plentiful of bass, i don't think i will like iem with bigger bass than this
The 5s do have a strong bass but it doesn't overpower the mids in any way. Their best feature, to my mind, is the texture/detail of the mids.

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #12,828 of 33,689
The 5s do have a strong bass but it doesn't overpower the mids in any way. Their best feature, to my mind, is the texture/detail of the mids.

Nothing :)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #12,830 of 33,689
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #12,831 of 33,689
KZ ZSR is daaaamn sexxxxy! I WANT IT! ;P drooling like crazy.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #12,833 of 33,689

Lol. The Shizuku is one of the darker gears I've owned. Idk how you heard anything piercing from it.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #12,835 of 33,689
Nov 1, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #12,836 of 33,689
Lol. The Shizuku is one of the darker gears I've owned. Idk how you heard anything piercing from it.

as a matter of fact, you are the first person that i know of who ever said the shizuku leans to darker sound, and you have a monk plus :ksc75smile:

not to say i disagree with you, because there's so many variables that might add to difference of impression.

the shizuku to me is piercing not because it is boosted in high frequency like the "ssss" sound of the cymbals, but it emphasized/boosted on mid treble freq (like the sound of tapping a glass plate with spoon). combined with their nasal and thin mids, i really do find them unenjoyable to listen to.

many people on my local forum shared the same views as me about the shizuku, while many other like it very much, but we all agree on on thing, that the shizuku is mid and treble dominant iem

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #12,837 of 33,689
DNRRmofVQAEdYdS.jpg

DDxAM73VYAAv5kt.jpg

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #12,838 of 33,689
as a matter of fact, you are the first person that i know of who ever said the shizuku leans to darker sound, and you have a monk plus :ksc75smile:

not to say i disagree with you, because there's so many variables that might add to difference of impression.

the shizuku to me is piercing not because it is boosted in high frequency like the "ssss" sound of the cymbals, but it emphasized/boosted on mid treble freq (like the sound of tapping a glass plate with spoon). combined with their nasal and thin mids, i really do find them unenjoyable to listen to.

many people on my local forum shared the same views as me about the shizuku, while many other like it very much, but we all agree on on thing, that the shizuku is mid and treble dominant iem

Yeah I loved the design and color of the Shizuku but sold it bc it just didn't wow me plus the driver flex was unbearable. I found them midfocused but not unbearable or too forward like TFZ 1S. Was using out of my Opus#1 which is slightly mid focused and smooth

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #12,840 of 33,689
Got the Magaosi K5 on the way. Gonna be really interested to see if it is as big a step above the K3 as the K3 was above its predecessor. If so, these should truly rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back